Windows 10: BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app

Discus and support BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately i have been receiving BSOD kernel security check failure EVERYtime i lauch Corel video Studio x8 pro on my laptop. I have been using it for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohanL, Jan 2, 2016.

1. JohanL Win User

BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app

Lately i have been receiving BSOD kernel security check failure EVERYtime i lauch Corel video Studio x8 pro on my laptop. I have been using it for a while and it has never crashed on me when i used windows 8. On windows 10 it worked for a while but few days back it just started to BSOD me everytime i have opened the app, and yes, i have tried to run it with different graphics processor. I have uninstalled it completely and then reinstalled it. Then it worked for a day and it happened again.
    How can i fix it?Attachment 56876

:)

JohanL, Jan 2, 2016

2. BSOD when trying to update win 10 from 1703 to 1709 (creators update)

When updating to the latest version I get a BSOD when it is in the process of installing. When it gets to around 35% it will BSOD. This has happened 10 times now and I always get one of 2 errors:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. / Error code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

here is link to minidmp file and msinfo32 files

Shared items 3-17-2018 2

Here's what I've tried.

• Initial attempt. BSoD at 35% updating.
    • Ran Troubleshooting BSoD. No problems detected.
    • Troubleshooting Window Update failures. Corrupt registry key fixed; updates found. BSoD at 35% updating. Same error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL.
    • Clean boot. Removed all startup apps. Did not work. BSoD at 35% updating. Error code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.
    • Ran verifier on all drivers. Did not find any unverified or out of date drivers. All checks passed.
    • Ran a hardware/memory check no problems were found.

asad_pasha, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

Another BSOD, "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)" caused by csrss.exe.

Added the DMP to the Onedrive Folder.

Abaddon287, Jan 2, 2016
  4. JohanL Win User

Ok it maybe because of the new nvidia update, but not sure.

JohanL, Jan 2, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi JohanL,

There doesn't seem to be any indication of any bluescreen.

axe0, Jan 2, 2016
  6. JohanL Win User
    Interesting, because i had a lot of blue screens

JohanL, Jan 3, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please go to event viewer, search eventvwr.msc, and search for event ID: 1001.
    Event ID: 1001 is the logs of the bluescreens.
    NOTE: not only bluescreens have this event ID, this is event ID is used by the Windows Error Reporting service and LoadPerf (according to my events)

Also check in C:\Windows\Minidump for any file, standard is a created minidump saved in that location.

axe0, Jan 3, 2016
  8. GS kid Win User

I'm in the same boat. First I started getting a random lockup while watching YouTube videos. This started about a week ago and I had to hold down the power button on my laptop for a hard shutdown cuz ctrl-alt-delete wouldn't even do anything. This was NOT a BSOD.

Then yesterday when launching Sony Movie Studio 13, it would load and as soon as I press the button on the start up dialog box for starting a new project... BAM!! ... a BSOD kernel security check failure. It did this every time I launched it.

On the other hand my Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 Ultra still ran and rendered just fine.

I looked up fixes and the first step told me to launch some hidden windows tool that checks and tests drivers. I choose the option that tests all the drivers as the website suggested. The tool said it would need to be done at boot up. So I decided to also schedule a disk repair as well.

I reboot and the disk repair got first dibs. It was doing it's thing just fine for a long while. Now I don't know if it happened after or during the disk repair.... or if it got to the driver test and it happened there.... but a BSOD occurred. It then rebooted and eventually stopped loading to tell me it can't load windows. It then gave me an option to RESTORE. I'm assuming from an earlier restore point. I said yes and after a long while of working, it reboots and I'm back on the desktop just fine.

Then I eventually go to launch PowerDirector 14 and as soon as I put a clip on the timeline.... a BSOD kernel security check failure. So now BOTH my video editors are not usable due to this particular BSOD. Prior to this week I'd never had a BSOD on this 1 year old laptop and very rarely would it crash or lockup. Now all of a sudden I'm getting hammered by both problems.

I hope a fix can be found! This bites!*Mad

GS kid, Jan 6, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    For analysis: How to upload files

If you would create a new thread for yourself, that would be appreciated. Creating a new thread will help us better help you.

axe0, Jan 6, 2016
  10. GS kid Win User
    I rolled back my Nvidia driver to the previous version (v359.06 released on 12-1-2015) and now both Sony Movie Maker 13 and PowerDirector 14 seem to run OK as of this moment. Hope it stays that way! (knock on wood!!!)

I know I have both of those video editors set to use the CUDA cores for GPU rendering acceleration and that accessing the graphics drivers is causing them to BSOD I'm guessing. So I suggest people not update their drivers beyond v359.06 until Nvidia has it worked out and the flood of BSOD reports hitting the forums subsides.

GS kid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app - Similar Threads - BSOD kernel_security_check_failure launching

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hello, I bought this desktop computer a couple months ago with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit already installed. It has been functioning okay. Today it stopped like this two times. The message on the screen said something like we will gather some info and then restart the device for...
  3. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hey, i need some help. I get BSOD like once every other day and i'd like to fix it. I think it's a driver issue so i have used the driver verifier as suggested in this post...
  4. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi everyone, My pc crashed today and when I analysed it with WhoCrashed I got this: System Information (local) Computer name: DESKTOP-MMNB5MN Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: Predator PH315-51, Acer, CFL,...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hi, I keep getting the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD error and am not quite sure how to fix it. So far I've checked for memory issues using the Memory Diagnostics Tool and found no errors, I have also used the Driver Verifier and had no errors either. I then checked for...
  6. BSOD - kernel_security_check_failure

BSOD - kernel_security_check_failure: Hi all, I've had a stable Windows 10 platform since I first installed some months ago. Since the 1115 Windows update I've been getting kernel security check BSOD's. Of course it could be conincidental with a hardware problem, but it's likely that this is the cause of...
  7. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds: Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with no success. I've attempted to manually update drivers, this appears to make no difference. The BSOD has been happening when...
  8. Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod: A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes. My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION...
  9. Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod: I just finished building my new rig yesterday evening. I originally struggled with getting the OS installed until I updated my BIOS drivers. Once the fresh install completed, everything seemed to be running fine, however, since then, I've experienced 3 BSOD crashes. I have...
  10. Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure

Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure: Hello there. I have purchased this new laptop last week. Recently, when playing GTA V, I've been having some troubles with BSODs (KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). It's doesn't happen all the time, of course, but I've had the third one today. I can't figure out what's...