Windows 10: BSOD "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" when working in 3Ds Max

Discus and support BSOD "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" when working in 3Ds Max in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody! I just made a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop, and I've been having a BSOD when working in 3ds Max 2016. For now, it's only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Danimita, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Danimita Win User

BSOD "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" when working in 3Ds Max

Hello everybody!
    I just made a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop, and I've been having a BSOD when working in 3ds Max 2016.
    For now, it's only when closing the software after working on it. However, the reason I made the clean install was because it was happening every time I started the software, keeping me from working on it.

Following instructions on a website, I "opened the dump file" using windbg.exe, and it mentioned it was probably caused by "dxgmms2.sys" but I can't find any solutions online to this *Sad

I've uploaded the zip file, I hope someone can help me kill this error!

PS: I believe all my drivers are up to date, especially the graphics card's driver, which I just updated to a version that was released yesterday.

:)

Danimita, Oct 7, 2015
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Oct 7, 2015
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

ATGT, Oct 7, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Danimita,

It appears you have KMSpico.
    Is it used for Office or Windows?

axe0, Oct 8, 2015
  5. Danimita Win User
    Hi axe0,
    I was using it for Office. I have uninstalled it, as well as Office, but I got another BSOD when opening and closing 3ds max.

Here's the new zip file.

Danimita, Oct 8, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    In case of
    Are you switching between your GPU's? Because that could cause problems as the idea of it isn't good implemented.
    The graphics drivers are flagged, but it is not clear from which GPU.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia and Intel using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer.
    Code: Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys[/quote]

axe0, Oct 8, 2015
  7. Danimita Win User
    I have done everything you said:
    Configured Ccleaner to not delete dump files
    Use that software to uninstall the Nvidia and Intel graphical drivers
    Install them again from the HP website.

However, the problem still remains. I'm not sure what you meant about switching GPUs. I wasn't even aware I had more than one *Confused

I'm attaching another zip in case something changed after those changes.

Danimita, Oct 8, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please check your graphical settings.

Simply: same cause.

axe0, Oct 8, 2015
  9. Danimita Win User
    What graphical settings? What should I try changing?

Danimita, Oct 8, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    I don't know where as you don't have Intel software installed, right? but somewhere you should tell the Intel GPU to not become active.

11. Danimita Win User
    Nothing, no fix :/ I found the option to only run the software with Nvidia drivers, and no changes.
    I then uninstalled both the NVIDIA and Intel drivers and installed versions from before the BSODs (so about 1 month old drivers) and still I have the same problem. Now I also get them when turning on 3ds max, but the dump file points to "nvlddmkm.sys" instead of "dxgmms2.sys".

Any other ideas as to what I can do?

Danimita, Oct 10, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
  13. Danimita Win User

No luck >.<
    I removed everything from Nvidia from my laptop using DDU (activating the options to delete everything from Nvidia, including "C:/nvidia" files) and reinstalled the latest drivers (they're the drivers the HP website links me to).

I have attached the latest file.

I'm also suffering secondary effects from these BSODs, such as the PC rebooting without wi-fi connection or the laptop not shutting down completely when it should (I had to do what was indicated in this post to fix that: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...ompletely.html)

Danimita, Oct 13, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    The Nvidia Video driver has been flagged in both dump files.
    Please run Furmark to test your GPU.

BSOD "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" when working in 3Ds Max [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

15. Danimita Win User
    I had it running for 30+ minutes and couldn't spot any visual artifacts and there were no errors. It never went over 70º. It was however going at 10fps and every few seconds lagged, though. But I suppose that's just because the graphics card isn't very powerful.

Any ideas?

Danimita, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" when working in 3Ds Max - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_Failure working

2. 3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11: Here is my CrashDump files.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M5SWgHuoagq2judLigNc8AJrGhLYhfQR?usp=sharingPlease help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3ds-max-crash-when-startup-finished-on-windows-11/7616e7f8-272d-4162-98f7-cc5e00437cf1
  3. 3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3ds Max crash when startup finished on windows 11: Here is my CrashDump files.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M5SWgHuoagq2judLigNc8AJrGhLYhfQR?usp=sharingPlease help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3ds-max-crash-when-startup-finished-on-windows-11/7616e7f8-272d-4162-98f7-cc5e00437cf1
  4. BSOD while using 3DS max

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using 3DS max: I got my asus laptop a few months ago and it was working perfectly fine. I recently started getting BSOD while using 3Ds max 2020. It would freeze the whole laptop and then a BSOD would appear. I updated all the drivers and I ran a system update to check if there is anything...
  5. Install 3ds max on external SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install 3ds max on external SSD: I have an iMac 27 and I installed Windows 10 using bootcamp, but windows can't support a fusion drive so can I use an external SSD like SanDisk extreme pro to install my programs like 3ds max, Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc. to get better performance ? submitted by...
  6. Can't drag and drop when I run 3ds Max as Admin.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't drag and drop when I run 3ds Max as Admin.: I want to install Max script by drag and dropping, but when I do this Its shows an error which I figured it as admin privileges problem, but when I run 3ds max as Admin it prevents me to drag and drop... please help! [img] 76258
  7. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds: Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with no success. I've attempted to manually update drivers, this appears to make no difference. The BSOD has been happening when...
  8. BSOD After Closing 3ds Max

BSOD After Closing 3ds Max: Hi all, I'm getting a BSOD every time I close 3ds Max. Memory dump says nvlddmkm.sys. I did a complete uninstall and install of 372.54 graphics driver. Disabled Nvidia streaming service which I have read can cause problems. Neither helped. I'll try running memory and GPU...
  9. BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app

BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app: Lately i have been receiving BSOD kernel security check failure EVERYtime i lauch Corel video Studio x8 pro on my laptop. I have been using it for a while and it has never crashed on me when i used windows 8. On windows 10 it worked for a while but few days back it just...
  10. Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure

Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure: Hello there. I have purchased this new laptop last week. Recently, when playing GTA V, I've been having some troubles with BSODs (KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). It's doesn't happen all the time, of course, but I've had the third one today. I can't figure out what's...