Windows 10: BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Critical Process Died (ntkrnlmp)

Discus and support BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Critical Process Died (ntkrnlmp) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've got a fairly fresh install of Windows 10 Pro that is giving me some trouble, on a Lenovo Thinkpad W540. I've been getting BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sudpuzzer, Sep 22, 2016.

1. sudpuzzer Win User

BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Critical Process Died (ntkrnlmp)

Hey everyone,

I've got a fairly fresh install of Windows 10 Pro that is giving me some trouble, on a Lenovo Thinkpad W540. I've been getting BSOD crashes that I have been so far unable to resolve. Lately they seem to be happening when the machine is idle and I'm not watching it, and have been becoming more frequent since a windows update the other day. I was getting Kmode Exception Not Handled (1E) at first, and after running the driver verifier, it was finding that IntelPCC.sys was misbehaving.

I uninstalled that driver (although not completely -- I found it had reinstalled this morning), and found my machine with a Critical Process Died (EF) BSOD when I got to work this morning. As far as I can tell from the logs, they say it's likely caused by ntkrnlmp.exe.

I began running into BSODs when I installed the Lenovo System Update application, and it would BSOD when I started trying to install updates and drivers. I've run Prime95 overnight a few times since then, and have been getting rounding errors after 8 or 9 hours on 1 or 2 out of 8 threads on stock clocks, although a few runs of 10+ Intel Burn Tests have yielded accurate results on extreme.

At this point, I'm really not sure if I'm dealing with a memory issue, or a driver issue, or some other hardware failure. I have uploaded my logs in the hopes that someone here can provide some insight into what might be happening.

Thanks!

:)

sudpuzzer, Sep 22, 2016
  2. PKMN Go Win User

Windows 10 BSOD Help

Hello, I keep getting multiple BSODs when playing games on my computer. Sometimes, the computer just turns off suddenly.

Some errors include: critical process died, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, Page Fault in Non Paged Area

Here is the DMP files, msfinfo32 and CBS log.

BSOD items 9-9-2016

PKMN Go, Sep 22, 2016
  3. BSOD

I have had the BSOD cycling through with multiple stop codes:

system thread exceptio not handled

critical process died

bad pool header

bad system config info

system service exception

memory management

kernel security check failure

Kmode exception not handled

My laptop has continued to cycle through "diagnosing problem, "automatic repair" and multiple reboots. Is there anything I can do to access my desktop?fix this? It will not access the desk top at all.

Would appreciate any assistance.

Anachran27, Sep 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi sudpuzzer,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

How old is your thinkpad?

5. sudpuzzer Win User
    I just came to be using it recently, but it was purchased the end of January, 2014.

sudpuzzer, Sep 25, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    It is clear for me that there is a hardware problem
    I don't assume there is any warranty?

7. sudpuzzer Win User
    We do have warranty remaining. I talked to our local Lenovo reseller where it was purchased, and they told me that all they would do is run the Lenovo diagnostic application on the laptop, which I have done already. The Lenovo CPU diagnostic doesn't indicate any problems, so they wouldn't be able to do anything. They suggested I go directly to Lenovo themselves for a warranty claim. I was hoping to avoid that if it was possible to fix myself.

sudpuzzer, Sep 25, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

A CPU replacement isn't something that should be done by yourself when warranty is still available, because it will void the warranty. A manufacturer sometimes doesn't even allow opening a laptop to replace a HDD, add a SSD or replace the memory without voiding warranty.

9. sudpuzzer Win User
    Agreed. I had another BSOD over noon hour while I was away from the machine, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA. I have attached the logs.

So, is it your opinion that these crashes are caused by hardware faults?

I appreciate your time very much.

sudpuzzer, Sep 25, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Prime95 is a very good stress test, if it has found errors it is safe to call it a hardware problem.

Thema:

1. BSOD Kmode Exception Not Handled, Critical Process Died (ntkrnlmp) - Similar Threads - BSOD Kmode Exception

2. Windows "Critical Process Died" as well as "Kmode Exception not Handled" error. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Critical Process Died" as well as "Kmode Exception not Handled" error. How can I...: My PC has had a problem starting because it says the "critical process died". I've tried rebooting it and it also tells me that the "kmode exception not handled". It is a Windows 10 and I have tried restarting my PC, tried the startup repair, using the command prompt, and...
  3. Windows "Critical Process Died" as well as "Kmode Exception not Handled" error. How can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "Critical Process Died" as well as "Kmode Exception not Handled" error. How can I...: My PC has had a problem starting because it says the "critical process died". I've tried rebooting it and it also tells me that the "kmode exception not handled". It is a Windows 10 and I have tried restarting my PC, tried the startup repair, using the command prompt, and...
  4. Windows "Critical Process Died" as well as "Kmode Exception not Handled" error. How can I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Kmode exception not handled BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kmode exception not handled BSOD: I recently got this error when I booted up my laptop and when I rebooted it just went back to the BSOD.Any suggestions on what I can do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmode-exception-not-handled-bsod/7612e6ab-bbf0-4684-85da-5b89fc36d62f
  6. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD: Hi,After update to 20H2 I'm getting BSOD with the error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED in random intervals. Drivers seems to be ok and there's no errors or any other failure message.Windows versionEdición Windows 10 ProVersión 20H2Instalado el ‎03/‎05/‎2021Compilación del...
  7. BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Newly updated to Windows 10 Pro and now getting BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. System in rebooting shortly after starting up. Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmode-exception-not-handled/216bbe33-e5b0-4579-a2ab-a504abb6b632
  8. Kmode exception not handled BSOD

Kmode exception not handled BSOD: Hi, I've been receiving multiple BSODs since recently upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I've tried running sfc /scannow and have updated all the drivers I could find but nothing has worked so far. Have attached the V2 Log, any help would be much appreciated. 161151
  9. critical process died and system thread exception not handled

critical process died and system thread exception not handled: Ok so my computer keeps blue-screening with "critical process died", ive run every error program i can find and so far nothing. I can replicate the error a few different ways, primarily if i run chkdsk on C: drive where windows is installed and if i try to install a...
  10. KMODE Exception not handle BSOD

KMODE Exception not handle BSOD: So my laptop just experienced BSOD KMODE_Exception_not_handle. I just replaced my old HDD. My old HDD's status was "caution", it had something to do with reallocated sectors count, and I searched it up online then read that it cannot be fixed, replacement of HDD was the only...