Windows 10: BSOD KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled (mv91xx.sys)

Discus and support BSOD KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled (mv91xx.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Repeatedly experiencing the above BSOD. Started happening after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. I initially thought I'd resolved it by downloading the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Romer, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Romer Win User

BSOD KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled (mv91xx.sys)

Repeatedly experiencing the above BSOD. Started happening after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. I initially thought I'd resolved it by downloading the latest Marvell driver but it appears the BSOD just didn't trigger for a week or two.

Would appreciate some help in trying to resolve. BSOD seems to happen mostly when downloading (from Steam for example).

Thanks

:)

Romer, Oct 18, 2015

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys)

my computer frequently started to have a new BSOD. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys). can you help me solve this problem?

Bhaswata Choudhury, Oct 18, 2015
  3. BSOD system_service_exception Windows 10 + DMP files

Thank you for your prompt reply. I ran malewarebytes and nothing was found. Interestingly I encountered too other BSOD !!! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and system_thread_exception_not_handled. I actually got this device last week and all these BSODs!!!

AlirezaArab, Oct 18, 2015
  4. karims Win User

It seems to be caused by Marvell Storage Controller.
    Open "Computer Management" > Select "Device Manager" > Expand "Storage Controllers"

You should see the Marvell’s controller, right-click on the “Marvell’s Controller *Something* ” > Click the "Details tab", scroll for Hardware ID, copy the shortest hardware ID, paste it in the search field in devid.info and download the newest driver you can find for the newest version of Windows. Run the driver install and reboot your system.

karims, Oct 19, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Romer,

Welcome to the 10forums.

It appears there is only 1 dump file saved.
    Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are more then 1 dump file saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial
    If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

BSOD KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled (mv91xx.sys) [​IMG]

The Marvel AHCI/RAID driver is causing the crash in the saved dump.
    There are however no drivers compatible with Window 10, it might be solved with updating to the Windows 8 version.
    What is your hard drive setup?
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm mv91xx start end module name fffff801`783f0000 fffff801`7847c000 mv91xx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: mv91xx.sys Image path: mv91xx.sys Image name: mv91xx.sys Timestamp: Fri Aug 27 11:49:22 2010 (4C778A22) CheckSum: 00050BB0 ImageSize: 0008C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

6. Romer Win User
    Thanks *Smile

I think I used CC Cleaner a few times recently so that might explain the single dump file.

I just checked and my PC is configured for small dump files. I've amended CC cleaner to not remove dump files as you suggested so if I have another crash, I can upload.

I did try the Windows 8 version, but no such luck. When I first built this PC and installed 7 I definitely had a similar issue, so my hard drive could be just prone to it.

I've updated my system specs to include further detail and my hard drive spec. My OS is on the SSD. But I think it's the other drive causing the issue.

Thanks for the help

Romer, Oct 19, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
  8. Romer Win User

I ran the SeaTools and my hard drive passed everything but the SMART test which it failed. I just ran from windows, would you recommend running from boot up?

I can't see any repair option to allow me to fix the failed test.

Romer, Oct 20, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    As the SMART test fails it means your hard drive will fail.
    If the SMART test failed, there is no method to fix the problem.
    Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology is as I would call it the healthy check feature in the hard drive.

10. Romer Win User
    Hmm. Looks like I may need to replace it then.

I've uploaded my latest dump (first one since I initially posted which has been a joy). Could you confirm it is the same reason, the marvell driver? I assume so from the dump code.

Thanks

Romer, Oct 28, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved.
    The zip is empty of dump files.

12. Romer Win User
    Hi,

Rather than start a new topic, I've continued with this one as old as it is. I've changed my hard disk drive and I'm still getting the same problems.

The error code would suggest it is the Marvel Driver, but I've updated that and still can't find a Windows 10 specific one.

I've had numerous crash dumps over the past few days and haven't used CC or anything, so hopefully this report contains them.

Thanks

Romer, Mar 5, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Please create a new thread, this thread is ~5 months old.

Thema:

1. BSOD KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled (mv91xx.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled mv91xx

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe & Wdf01000.sys: This is from a Windows 7 x64 computer. Here is the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnfbyCD08-hshFE2-MCxFx-on8Tn?e=a4B5q0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmodeexceptionnothandled-ntoskrnlexe-wdf01000sys/de7e5419-9e26-4c34-a906-faba0082260d
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  5. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: I am experiencing repeated BSOD errors with the stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it says that dxgmms2.sys is what failed. I have attached a zip file from the log collector via instruction on this forum. DESKTOP-08U62TS-(2020-06-03_10-48-12).zip I hope I uploaded...
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937
  10. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled: Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue. I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mv91xx.sys crash win 10

2. mu91xx.sys win 10