Windows 10: BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe)

Discus and support BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , I recently upgraded from my AMD 270X to the AMD RX580 OC Armor (MSI) And from this point onward i keep getting these random reboots/crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ssjx2, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Ssjx2 Win User

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe)

Hello , I recently upgraded from my AMD 270X to the AMD RX580 OC Armor (MSI)
    And from this point onward i keep getting these random reboots/crashes but they only accur while i am gaming (not all games cause this)
    I can only reproduce the reboot/dump by playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds , The part where it asks you to jump of the plane it jumps... 5 secs later pc reboot.
    I have been trying so many things to resolve this issue so i will post my dump files here in the hope anybody can tell me what actuall driver/hardware is acting up here.
    (it is odd because i sometimes can play say ARK on epic for 3 days NP and sometimes it crashes my pc within 30 minutes)

I ran 3Dmark (fine no errors)
    And CatZilla (crash with reboot at 4th test and first try RED screen at 3th test)
    Leading me to think it is the video card..

Please help guys im completely lost (i tried reinstalling drivers cleanly , even reseated my ram and GPU no results all the same)

:)

Ssjx2, Jul 19, 2017

2. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

And another one. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) caused by ntkrnlmp.exe.

Abaddon287, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Mauldoon Win User
    Blue screen crashes with new pc

It has been about 2 hours since doing a clean boot and I received a new BSOD:

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C560)

Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF802E8DF8834, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

BlueScreenView highlights ntoskrnl.exe and partmgr.sys as the cause.

Here is the new Dump file Dump.zip

Mauldoon, Jul 19, 2017
  4. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe)

Hi there,

It seems if theres an Problem with your AMD GPU:
    Code: Card name: Radeon RX 580 Series[/quote]
    The crash dump analysis reveals not much info, except a clue in the stack:

Code: 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (20.07.2017 01:15:50) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: ALLBenchmark.exe Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS ffffe380`3d3dcec8 fffff806`a54693a8 dxgmms2!VidSchiUpdatePriorityTables+0x78 ffffe380`3d3dcf28 fffffddd`094ab810 win32kbase!gDxgkWin32kEngInterface ffffe380`3d3dcf98 fffff806`a54c2785 dxgmms2!VidSchSubmitCommand+0x2c5[/quote]
    dxgmms2 could indicate a problem with the GPU driver or the graphics card itself.

There are error messages in eventlog too which show an GPU problem:

Code: 2017-07-18 20:38:18 Warning: Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 2017-07-18 20:38:21 Warning: Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[/quote]
    1. Theres the tool AMD Overdrive installed. As I can see this is just for overclocking AMD CPUs. But its worth a try to revert any overclocking to stock settings and remove that tool completely.

Read carefully before proceeding.

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe) [​IMG]
    Warning If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.

2. Reinstall AMD GPU driver using DDU

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.
    3. After completing those steps see if there occurs any bluscreen again. If yes pls upload an new dm log collector zip.

BSODHunter, Jul 19, 2017
  5. Ssjx2 Win User
    [/quote] A hardware issue? Or a driver issue?

Ssjx2, Jul 19, 2017
  6. Ssjx2 Win User
    The crash dump analysis reveals not much info, except a clue in the stack:

Code: 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (20.07.2017 01:15:50) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: ALLBenchmark.exe Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS ffffe380`3d3dcec8 fffff806`a54693a8 dxgmms2!VidSchiUpdatePriorityTables+0x78 ffffe380`3d3dcf28 fffffddd`094ab810 win32kbase!gDxgkWin32kEngInterface ffffe380`3d3dcf98 fffff806`a54c2785 dxgmms2!VidSchSubmitCommand+0x2c5[/quote]
    dxgmms2 could indicate a problem with the GPU driver or the graphics card itself.

There are error messages in eventlog too which show an GPU problem:

Code: 2017-07-18 20:38:18 Warning: Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 2017-07-18 20:38:21 Warning: Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[/quote]
    Theres the tool AMD Overdrive installed.[/quote] ok thank you , true the tool is still installed , is this the possible cause?

Ssjx2, Jul 19, 2017
  7. Ssjx2 Win User
    thanks for the swift respond , i will use DDU as soon as i get back home and benchmark after , i will send and post the new dump file if there is any.
    Also Amd Overdrive was Def broken (couldnt open it nor uninstall it)
    So i repaired the tool now it works again (gonna benchmark this too sepperate from the driver)

Ssjx2, Jul 19, 2017
  8. Ssjx2 Win User

Ok so for now i tried with the repaired Overdrive (crash) and then i removed it and tried again (crash) i didnt get a dump file either this time :/
    I will update this soon i am running DDU as we speak
    (booting into safe mode to run DDU)

Ok ive run DDU and let it finish and reboot my pc completely.
    I then ran the test again , and immediatly at the same test it reboots my pc

However i find it odd to say windows reinstalled the radeon application...
    i thought i had disabled auto updates on it.
    (any ideas?)

Ok ,so i have now told windows to NOT update my drivers and am now currently booting into safe mode again to run DDU
    (it better not reinstall em again...)

ok i finally managed to install the most recent driver and will now reboot the pc
    When it is done i will benchmark again and if it crashes or if there is a dump file i will post back again
    (also i havent been overclocking , used to use overdrive for stats)

ok so for now it didnt crash at the tests (but i disabled V sync , last time i disabled V Sync it was fine too... now im even more confused..)
    So last crash i didnt receive any minidump files... and bassicly i just finished the test.. but im very uncertain if it wont do it again so i will keep this posted when my next crash accurs (do note that it may take up to 3 days before it actually does crash without benchmarking)

Ssjx2, Jul 19, 2017
  9. Little bit confusing text, mate ;-). Now the actual status is DDU was running fine and you cleanly uninstalled the old and installed the newest AMD driver? If yes try to benchmark and stress test the GPU with furmark. Let it run about 30 minutes und see what happens.

Diagnostic Test
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.
    Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Take a Screenshot and post it here.

BSODHunter, Jul 20, 2017
  10. Ssjx2 Win User
    Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.
    Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Take a Screenshot and post it here. I will check when i am home , DDU did uninstall it but as soon after i waited 10 min windows reinstalled it (no matter what i told windows to do... even disabling the update service itself has same result)
    So bassicly i rushed DDU now and immediatly booted the driver setup afterwards when it still said generic display driver , I ran CatZilla again and it worked for the first time at phase 4-5
    I will keep this posted 1ns i ran furmark
    I got external AC coolers so fat chance it will overheat

also currently i am running version 17.4.4 from AMD
    (This one Desktop
    )
    (thx for all help so far)

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Ten Forums mobile app

Ssjx2, Jul 20, 2017
  11. Ssjx2 Win User
    Ok i finally ran furmark for over 30 min , temps was 69 degrees fan at 70% and its just fine *Biggrin i think we solved this here (also i couldnt post a screenshot because i have the awesome thing where it shows a blackscreen when i paste it instead of the shot)

Anyway the final test now remains and that is try and play Playerunknown's Battlegrounds on max sets without it rebooting my pc

Ssjx2, Jul 20, 2017
  12. Ssjx2 Win User
    I havent tested the game yet (have some issues IRL to take care of atm for now..)
    When i tried i shall repost asap (havent got it installed atm anyway)

Ssjx2, Jul 21, 2017
  13. Ssjx2 Win User

ok , so i tested it and i have crashed again... no minidump my pc just plain reboots.. what do i do now?

(while playing battleborn this just happend , is my PSU broken?)

To my understanding the MSI RX580 OC uses less power then my old 270x Top no?

Ssjx2, Jul 21, 2017
  14. We have to verify if there are bluescreens or just an "power off" problem. Since the main problem is something with the GPU, u should focus on that.

1. Please post you PSU model

2. Please download and run the newest version of screenshot of the "System Summary" window here.

Note Check the "Summary-only" box at start.
    HWiNFO64
    Hardware Info (HWiNFO) is a powerful system information utility designed especially for detection of hardware.

BSODHunter, Jul 22, 2017
  15. Ssjx2 Win User
    HWiNFO64
    Hardware Info (HWiNFO) is a powerful system information utility designed especially for detection of hardware. For now , My PSU is a Corsair CX 600.

I will test the program when i get home.

(thx for all help so far , im really starting to lose it no idea what it could be now xD)

Also stress testing furmark was fine (which had 100% gpu load) however i cannot reproduce the crash all the time , there s no more bluescreen just a plain reboot without any warning , it just plops n reboots.
    Bassicly if i would reinstall playerunknown battlegrounds it would do it instantly again

Perhaps also usefull info would be my PSU is now 4-5 years old.

(i can also try to put my old GPU back in and see if that solves anything , if not i will try and remove the ram i added most recently and try that again too)

Ssjx2, Jul 22, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( ntoskrnl.exe , ntkrnlmp.exe) - Similar Threads - BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  4. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  7. BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp: Last week, I assembled a new desktop computer (with all new components) and installed windows 10 Educational. (See my 2nd PC details.) I updated and installed all the latest drivers. (I think at least.) But, since installation, I am having BSOD on various moments with the...
  8. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...
  9. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error: Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I...
  10. Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming

Random BSOD's [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl, rt640x64] + PC Freezes while Gaming: Hello all! I have previously posted in this specific forum due to random BSOD's which had mostly taken the error of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but it has been quite a while since that post [I'll link it here] and I have lacked the time. Nevertheless, since lowering the...