Windows 10: BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

Discus and support BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by guarizapo, Nov 11, 2016.

1. guarizapo Win User

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
    I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue.
    I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and for that they suggested to run memtest but I haven't had the time.
    Also my PC used to reboot itself but it turned out it was an issue with my mains power (it is already fixed and it hasn't happened again).
    edit: Could it be a RAM issue?

:)

guarizapo, Nov 11, 2016

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys)

my computer frequently started to have a new BSOD. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys). can you help me solve this problem?

Bhaswata Choudhury, Nov 11, 2016
  3. BSOD system_service_exception Windows 10 + DMP files

Thank you for your prompt reply. I ran malewarebytes and nothing was found. Interestingly I encountered too other BSOD !!! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and system_thread_exception_not_handled. I actually got this device last week and all these BSODs!!!

AlirezaArab, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

There are files missing from the zip file you uploaded. Please get the latest version of DM_Log_collector from here
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
    and upload that zip file.

Thanks

Edit: Also looks like this is one of the builds that there are no symbol files available for on the Microsoft server so I can't do anything with the dump.

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2016
  5. guarizapo Win User
    I updated the main post with the new zip file generated using the latest dm_log_collector

guarizapo, Nov 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That was quick, thanks.

As I mentioned above, with no symbol files available I can't do anything with the dump. Also don't see anything in the eventlog.txt file other than

The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc000001d, 0xfffff801cb5cfb9a, 0xffffa18d22210600, 0x0000000000000015)

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2016
  7. guarizapo Win User
    First of all thank you for the help.
    You got me there with the symbol files. I've never heard of them and don't know what they are.
    Is there a setting I have to change to generate it?
    Could you please point me in the right direction to learn more about those symbol files?
    I've dealt with windows errors before but only a couple of times with BSOD's, and every time it was a dying hard drive.

guarizapo, Nov 13, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Nothing you or I can do about it. Microsoft has to release the symbols so they are available for download.

Read here for some info: Symbol Files (Windows)

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2016
  9. guarizapo Win User
    I see
    If I understood correctly those symbol files are generated when the software developer compiles the app?
    Well anyways thanks a lot for your help.
    I hope It doesnt crashes again (so far it hasn't)
    Should I mark this as solved?

guarizapo, Nov 13, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Hold off for a week or so to see if it stays good. Then mark solved.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled - Similar Threads - BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

2. I have a problem with BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED , mfehidk.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED , mfehidk.sys: I can't turn on my device after installing Focusrite control. Whenever I click power button on I get instant BSOD. I can't do anything about it. Please help me as fast as you can.Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDSource of the problem: mfehidk.sys...
  3. I have a problem with BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED , mfehidk.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED , mfehidk.sys: I can't turn on my device after installing Focusrite control. Whenever I click power button on I get instant BSOD. I can't do anything about it. Please help me as fast as you can.Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDSource of the problem: mfehidk.sys...
  4. Windows 11 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD When playing games for too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD When playing games for too long: I run an Asus ROG Flow X13 2023 version GV302XV with the following specs:NVIDIA GEFORCE 4060AMD Ryzen 9 7940HSBasically my laptop is built for gaming, however every time I play a game specifically FPS games such as Valorant, Pixel Gun 3D or Fortnite for too long too long here...
  5. Windows 11 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD When playing games for too long

Windows 11 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD When playing games for too long: I run an Asus ROG Flow X13 2023 version GV302XV with the following specs:NVIDIA GEFORCE 4060AMD Ryzen 9 7940HSBasically my laptop is built for gaming, however every time I play a game specifically FPS games such as Valorant, Pixel Gun 3D or Fortnite for too long too long here...
  6. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  7. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  8. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  9. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  10. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wsl kmode_exception_not_handled