Windows 10: BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

Discus and support BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, i have a lot of BSOD in the last time. Story: I already had windows 10 running on my old system - without any BSOD. I upgraded some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by muleee, Jun 13, 2016.

1. muleee Win User

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

Hey guys,

i have a lot of BSOD in the last time.

Story:
    I already had windows 10 running on my old system - without any BSOD.

I upgraded some Hardware a while ago (mainboard, graphics and processor) and did a clean installation of Windows 10...
    Since then i got at least 2 BSOD each day (Even while writing this thread).
    I did another clean insatllation of Windows 10 a few days ago, because i thought it might could solve the problem (...).
    But it didn't help anything. I still get the same amount of BSOD.

What i already tried:
    - Clean installation of windows 10
    - updated BIOS
    - Updated all drivers
    - Installed only driver (without MSI Gaming App or Killer Network Suite)
    - sfc /scannow (no errors)
    - memtest (no errors)

My current system:

Computer name: REDHEAD
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: MS-7917, MSI, Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 17125896192 bytes total

Mainboard:
    MSI Z97 GAMING 5 Intel Z97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail
    Processor:
    Intel i7 4790k
    Graphics:
    6144MB MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    RAM:
    G.Skill 16GB RAM 1866MHz
    Power supply:
    Thermaltake Smart SE 630W ATX 2.3
    Storage:
    1x HDD 1TB
    1x Samsung 850 EVO 256GB
    1x Samsung 840 PRO 256GB

The dmp files are attached.

I appreciate your help and hope we can solve this problem togther.

Best regards,
    Marcel

:)

muleee, Jun 13, 2016

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys)

my computer frequently started to have a new BSOD. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys). can you help me solve this problem?

Bhaswata Choudhury, Jun 13, 2016
  3. BSOD system_service_exception Windows 10 + DMP files

Thank you for your prompt reply. I ran malewarebytes and nothing was found. Interestingly I encountered too other BSOD !!! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and system_thread_exception_not_handled. I actually got this device last week and all these BSODs!!!

AlirezaArab, Jun 13, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi muleee,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Did you immediately started to install software after Windows was done installing?

I see many memory access violation crashes so for now I'll focus on the memory explicitly.
    How many passes were completed with memtest? What memtest did you run?
    Please revert back all overclocking on your system, whether you removed them in the past but resulted in nothing isn't relevant.
    What is relevant is that overclocking can cause more problems on an unstable system, if not being the cause which is not what we need.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled [​IMG]

5. muleee Win User
    Hi axeO,

thank you for your reply and the welcome.

First of all, i do not have any OC running, even the MSI Auto OC is off.
    The Option Auto XMP is enabled in BIOS.. but for my understandings it only loads a profile form my modules to set the best Clocks.
    Correct me if i'm wrong *Smile

I did 2 times the memtest from windows itself and (only) 4 times MEMTEST86+ (0 ERROR after the 4 cycles).
    Just yesterday i tried to run MEMTEST86+ again, but after 3 times of creating a usb boot stick it didn't work anymore. (MEMTEST86+ does not start, instead windows starts again).

Would you recommend to get MEMTEST86+ running again and retry it with 8 cycles?

Btw. i updated my specs with your tutorial.

Best regards,
    Marcel

muleee, Jun 14, 2016
  6. muleee Win User
    Hey,

i just noticed that my RAM clockspeed changed from 1866MHz to 1600MHz after i turned Auto XMP off.
    Maybe the XMP did load wrong settings?

RAM specs :
    Modellbezeichnung F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Serie Sniper Kapazität 8 GB (2 x 4096 MB) Module Anzahl 2 Stück Bestückung einseitig Speicherchips Datendichte 2048 Mbit pro Speicherchip Organisation 256Mx8 Bauform DIMM Typ SDRAM-DDR3 Anschluss 240-Pin Spannung 1,5 Volt Standard DDR3-1866 (PC3-14900) Timings CAS Latency (CL) 9 RAS-to-CAS-Delay (tRCD) 10 RAS-Precharge-Time (tRP) 9 Row-Active-Time (tRAS) 28 RoHS konform Ja

muleee, Jun 14, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    If you can disable XMP then it means you have either 1, 2 or more profiles for overclocking the memory.

For the memory we recommend to run MemTest86+ for at least 8 completed passes straight, less is a waste of time as it is insufficient for consecutive results.
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

8. muleee Win User

Okay. I will try to fix the MEMTEST86+ problem and start it tonight, so it can run over night.
    I will post the results tomorrow.

muleee, Jun 14, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. muleee Win User
    Since i wasn't home yesterday, MEMTEST had the chance to run and run and run...

The Image of the test results are attached.

muleee, Jun 16, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    To ensure the connection is proper please reseat the memory *Smile

If after reseating you keep getting BSODs, then we'll focus on drivers.

Thema:

1. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled - Similar Threads - BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

2. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  3. BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Help. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...: Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help in diagnosing my computer. Last month I posted here as well that my computer was crashing. A user helped read through my dump file and found as my Shure device causing issues. After uninstalling that program my computer seemed to be...
  4. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  5. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  6. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  8. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  9. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

10. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes: Hello,I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model with gtx 1060 and i7 7850H. My laptop has been running fine untill recently. For couple of weeks when ever I play any games Currently playing Metro Exodus non RTX after 5 min screen flickers and my pc freezes. I have to hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve KMODE Exception Not Handled in Windows 10 switch on