Windows 10: BSOD, Long boot time, seemingly random HD disappearance

Discus and support BSOD, Long boot time, seemingly random HD disappearance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since updating (free, via download) from Win 7 to Win 10 I have had a few problems. I have 3 internal HD: (1) System drive (SSD, 500GB), (2),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jacksyee, Dec 9, 2015.

1. jacksyee Win User

BSOD, Long boot time, seemingly random HD disappearance

Hello,

Since updating (free, via download) from Win 7 to Win 10 I have had a few problems. I have 3 internal HD: (1) System drive (SSD, 500GB), (2), Media Drive (Seagate 3TB), (3) Documents Drive (500 GB). I also have a USB backup drive that the computer can see.

Seemingly at random, but more usually the Media Drive, doesn't appear when I boot the computer. If I boot the computer and go to BIOS all of the drives appear. Currently the computer in "this PC" recognizes 1 and 3.

Additionally it takes around 5-10 minutes to boot, sometimes hangs and has to be hard reset.

I have had a few BSOD as well, at seemingly odd times. The computer will run with the drives it sees fairly well and eventually BSOD. I should note that sometimes the BSOD is not the one I'm used to from previous Windows installs - it's really just blue with no info.

I have physically reordered the SATA cables (changed the drives to different cables) and this works for a time but eventually the problem persists.

Finally, I thought about doing a clean system install, but was wondering how you do that if you upgraded via free download (i.e. I don't have a disk - there must be an easy solution for that I am sure).

Thanks for your help.

Attachment 52885

:)

jacksyee, Dec 9, 2015
  2. loglolol Win User

Constant Crashing / BSOD

Hey. I've been having issues with my computer crashing or bluescreening. The time inbetween the crashes are random, and the messages in the BSOD's are seemingly random. If you need anything to help ID the problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your time

loglolol, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Neilcs Win User
    Seemingly random BSODs

Running with verifier crashed immediately upon booting. Dump file is here: 100616 crash dump

Crash was caused by intcdaud.sys.

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100616-22468-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Neilcs, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

BSOD, Long boot time, seemingly random HD disappearance

1. BSOD, Long boot time, seemingly random HD disappearance - Similar Threads - BSOD Long boot

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seemingly Random BSOD's

Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  6. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  7. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  8. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  9. long boot times

long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...
  10. Windows Boot/Shutdown randomly taking a long time.

Windows Boot/Shutdown randomly taking a long time.: Hi. I installed Windows 10 Pro on my new computer (self-built) the other week. It's been running very nicely, very very quick. Well, it all seemed to be working OK at least, until a few days ago it randomly started to hang when I was shutting the computer down. And it's done...