Windows 10: BSOD Loop, not greatly altered by booting from usb or formatting HDD.

Discus and support BSOD Loop, not greatly altered by booting from usb or formatting HDD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings kind souls! In trying to solve my problem I kept running into your insightful posts and since I am still struggling I have joined to post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Not Knot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Not Knot Win User

BSOD Loop, not greatly altered by booting from usb or formatting HDD.

Greetings kind souls! In trying to solve my problem I kept running into your insightful posts and since I am still struggling I have joined to post this in hopes I might benefit from your help. Thank you in advance!

ASUS G11CD-EB71 GeForce GTX 960,Core i7 Performance Gaming Desktop,16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4 GHz Processor, Windows 10 -64

1. Arrived with a Blue screen of death loop.

2. Made USB boot usb

3. Altered Asus bios: Deactivated Fast Boot and booted to usb and checked out and tried to fix windows on my hdd with the c*Tonguerompt, no luck. Still Boot directly to BSOD loop.

4.Contacted Asus and got the factory Windows 10 serial for my computer.

5. Figured the HDD may be the cause so, used unix flash to format the one internal C drive partition for Windows and tried again with the same results.

6. Formatted the other partitions and am still in BSOD loop so fast I couldn't take a picture of the error if I tried.

7. Read what NavyLCDR -Guru was instructing a builder to do who was getting a similar result than me and am following that advice: Download the Windows 10 Recovery Tool - Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

and am going to download a windows 10 copy and mount both to usb's and try what was recommended:

paste-------------------------------

NavyLCDR

Guru
    Assuming you have purchased a Windows 10 retail package with a Microsoft Windows 10 installation USB flash drive? This is what I would do:

Buy a blank USB flash drive, just plain ole' USB 2.0 flash drive. Format it as FAT32. Download Kyhi's Recovery Tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, copy the files and folders to the FAT32 formatted USB flash drive. Leave the computer's firmware set for UEFI booting, plug the USB flash drive you created into a USB 2.0 (black) port and boot in Kyhi's Recovery Tools. Once you have Kyhi's recovery tools running, you can remove that flash and insert the Windows 10 installation flash drive. From file explorer, run setup.exe from the Windows 10 flash drive and see if the install is successful then.

end paste---------------------------
    8. Will let you know what results I got.

:)

Not Knot, Aug 23, 2017
  2. CVerne Win User

Windows 10 Repair Loop

After I got into the BSOD infinite loop, I created a Windows 10 boot image on a USB key. Now when I try to boot from that USB key, I get a "Windows Boot Manager" error that reads "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might b the
    cause ..." It then goes on to tell me to insert my Windows Installation Disc and restart. Well, the USB is my installation media and it is installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CVerne, Aug 23, 2017
  3. ljl46 Win User
    BSOD ? After upgrade, f2, f8, f9 or f12 , none work! No post or bios showing, totally dead!

BSOD ? After win10 upgrade, f2, f8, f9 or f12 , none work! No post or bios showing, totally unresponsive!

After numerous attempts to get recovery started I took the laptop hdd out and put into another laptop and the same result. Put other working hdd into dead machine and it booted up just fine. Took bad hdd into a hdd dock and could read it in win10 PC and
    did some extra backups just in case. Did a format of dead hdd and tried to do a boot with usb image but cant get it to boot from usb, still no function keys working on boot up? How can I get into bios setup if the function keys dont work or even show up on
    boot.?

ljl46, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Not Knot Win User

I've attempted to dl Windows 10 via MS before and have been unable to. I get a message saying my pad doesn't have enough memory, it's only got a bit over 8gb now. So before I tried earlier versions of windows.

Now I'm wondering if the Kyhi's Recovery Tools USB have will work with any earlier version of Windows, say 8.1 or if I should try another approach?

Not Knot, Aug 23, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD Loop, not greatly altered by booting from usb or formatting HDD. - Similar Threads - BSOD Loop greatly

2. Booting from USB SATA HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting from USB SATA HDD?: I just found my old HDD with Windows 7. I just plugged it into my current W10 PC (via USB-SATA adapter), i used EasyBCD and selected the drive letter of my W7HDD (G:) and added that as boot entry But when restarting, selecting the W7 entry, it shows me black screen, and no...
  3. Can't boot from SSD after formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot from SSD after formatting HDD: Hi there!I succesfully installed Windows on my mSATA SSD UEFI. After updating and installing drivers, the only thing left to do was formatting the 1tb HDD, which I did using a format tool. I had completely deleted the HDD using the Windows partition manager just before...
  4. Can't boot from SSD after formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot from SSD after formatting HDD: Hi there!I succesfully installed Windows on my mSATA SSD UEFI. After updating and installing drivers, the only thing left to do was formatting the 1tb HDD, which I did using a format tool. I had completely deleted the HDD using the Windows partition manager just before...
  5. Can't boot from SSD after formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. windows hdd wont boot from usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows hdd wont boot from usb: Removed a windows 10 hdd and installed a new ssd. When trying to boot old hdd from usb,, I keep getting a boot failure loop. I think i need to make a change to the boot partition on old windows hdd but not really sure....can anyone point me in the right direction?thankskev...
  7. Infinite boot loop when trying to boot from usb

Infinite boot loop when trying to boot from usb: So i have a Lenovo whatever laptop and i want to do a clean os install. I entered the BIOS and made this **** piece of **** to boot from usb, but once the windows logo appears it reboots itself. I've tried both Legacy and UEFI boot options also i was trying to disable secure...
  8. Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.: Hi, so I picked up a Dell Dimension 5150 from a friend because he didn’t use it anymore and I found that it had no OS installed. So I tried using a USB to boot Windows 10 onto it and its stuck in a booting loop and won’t go any further. Any tips or things i’m doing wrong?...
  9. Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues

Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues: [img] help how do i fix this problem. it's been a real problem for the past 3 weeks. 112838
  10. BSOD after automatic repair loop or USB boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after automatic repair loop or USB boot: Hi all, I have a pretty resistant BSOD problem. It started after the tablet (Dell Latitude 5175, running Windows 10 with auto updates) froze while hooked to a TV via microHDMI. I got a blue screen, with Windows collecting information - can't remember much more, as I...