Windows 10: BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION after NVIDIA Drivers Installation

Discus and support BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION after NVIDIA Drivers Installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a Gtx 550 ti video card and I am getting the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error on startup everytime after I install the NVIDIA drivers. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nazo, Nov 29, 2016.

1. nazo Win User

BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION after NVIDIA Drivers Installation

I bought a Gtx 550 ti video card and I am getting the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error on startup everytime after I install the NVIDIA drivers.
    I have already tried to install different versions including last and the first version of the drivers.
    If i uninstall the drivers there is no issue.

:)

2. BSOD - Driver_Power_State_Failure

Thank you both, but unfortunately the problem has persisted. After a restart, I opened NVIDIA GeForce Experience and the program froze, followed by BSOD.

Here is a link to the latest BSOD Minidump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlRHsYmzhyy_ll8605-o1HzKnwtu

Downloaded the appropriate files linked above from dell. Installed using a custom installation to ensure a "clean installation" of all NVidia components.

Installation showed success message, though this was the same version before and after the installation.

Provider: NVIDIA

Driver Date: 12/21/2015

Driver Version: 10.18.13.5923

Kind regards,

Bill

BillTheBourbon, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - NVIDIA Driver keeps updating and lets to BSOD

I was having trouble installing Windows 10 (upgrading from 8.1 and getting a BSOD every time, error code Video_Memory_Management_Internal), and I was finally able to upgrade only after I completely removed every NVIDIA file from my computer. As an fyi,
    I had installed the latest 353.62 driver, but that crashed as well.

Now I boot into Windows 10, but Windows Update continues to install the NVIDIA driver and then after the computer reboots I get the same BSOD. I either want Windows to stop installing the NVIDIA drivers (leaving the 640M card dormant) or to figure out why
    the driver crashes my computer every time. I tried the Microsoft tool to hide updates, but the NVIDIA driver does not appear in the list of updates to hide.

GregMelton, Nov 29, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Is this a server.
    In Device manager is the Graphic card recognized

Did you change in the BIOS the primary graphics adapter to PCI.

lifetec, Nov 29, 2016
  5. nazo Win User
    yes this is with a serverboard. it does not have onboard video. so i did not see any settings in bios to change that.

6. lifetec Win User
    What exact motherboard do you have?

And does your system at all recognize the videocard in Device Manager?

lifetec, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION after NVIDIA Drivers Installation - Similar Threads - BSOD MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION NVIDIA

2. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  3. Machine_check_Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine_check_Exception BSOD: Hi, I've been having crashes for almost a year now and I haven't been able to figure out why so yesterday I decided to delete all my files and reinstall Windows 10 and I still got a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD crash. Also, the crashes only happens when I'm playing a game...
  4. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception: Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following...
  5. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  6. machine_check_exception BSOD on boot up after new motherboard install

machine_check_exception BSOD on boot up after new motherboard install: Hi there, My system is facing problems with an intermittent machine_check_exception BSOD during the OS boot, after I recently replaced my motherboard and reinstalled Windows. The BSOD screen states it will restart for me, but never does. When normally booting up, my system...
  7. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD: For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has simply frozen during play, sound crashed loudly, and the machine has not responded to any keyboard or mouse input. Graphics...
  8. Bsod - machine_check_exception

Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hello Ladies & Gents! I'm a SevenForums member, DreadStar/DreadStarX! It's been a long time since I've been on here, and found that SF/EF/TF is one of the best resources for OS Problems. So, here's the problem. When I boot up VMWare Workstation, and attempt to...
  9. Random BSOD Machine_Check_Exception after Win 10

Random BSOD Machine_Check_Exception after Win 10: Hi, I've been getting random this random bsod every time I try to boot my laptop. It's been happening everyday after 2 weeks, since I updated from windows 7 to windows 10. Thanks in advance. 24762
  10. BSOD 124 after installing NVidia Driver 358.50

BSOD 124 after installing NVidia Driver 358.50: Hi everyone, I self-built a new computer about a week ago and though it was a somewhat rocky start, I was able to get it up and running with Windows 7 and all drivers. I upgraded to Windows 10 afterwards and everything still appeared functional. However, now if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. machine check exception nvidia