Windows 10: BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

Discus and support BSOD mainly when playing HOTS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to help my brother with his Windows 10 computer, a few weeks ago it started having issues with the BSOD. It's not constant or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by misspaperwait, Jul 18, 2017.

1. BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

Hello I'm trying to help my brother with his Windows 10 computer, a few weeks ago it started having issues with the BSOD. It's not constant or even daily but frequent enough to cause concern.

It seems to happen the most when he's playing the online game Heros of the storm but it has also seems to have happened when he wasn't even on it, ie he went to wake it up and discovered it had rebooted its self at some point.

I've downloaded WhoCrashed and I've been looking at the errors in the Reliability Monitor and there's a clear point where it suddenly starts having errors on a nearly daily basis, what I'm trying to figure out is why.

Up until now it's run absolutely perfectly, it still runs smoothly the mass majority of the time but the BSOD are very frustrating for everyone involved.

I've followed the instructions to attach the dumpfiles so hopefully someone can help me shed some light over whats happening here.

:)

misspaperwait, Jul 18, 2017

2. Bluescreen mainly when playing games

Hello,

since today I have Problems with my Laptop, specs are:

MSI Apache GE62 2QF

I7- 4720HQ 2,6 GhZ

8 GB Ram

1GB HDD

Geforce 970 M

My Problem is that i geht a Bluescreen especially when I play games, exactly at the Moment when i enter the game. For Example a game runs normal when I start it in the menu of the game, but after i launch the game actually the system crashes and i get the
    bluescreen..

It also happened after joining a Teamspeak channel, but launching the application caused no problems.

Since now i only had bluescreens when running Games or joining a teamspeak channel..

021418-38281-01.dmp 14.02.2018 21:55:52 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    0x0000007f 00000000`00000009 00000000`80050033
    00000000`00170678 00007ff7`00447307 ntoskrnl.exe
    ntoskrnl.exe+1756e0 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Microsoft Corporation 10.0.16299.192 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1756e0 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021418-38281-01.dmp
    8 15 16299 836.060 14.02.2018 22:04:22

Here is a link to the dump files.

Dump

I've looked up a few "solutions" but they didn't really worked..

Installed Windows new

Refreshed/Installed all drivers new

I Hope someone can help me..

TobiasFranjo, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Bluescreen mainly when playing games

We are unable to access third-party sites and download on our end. Since you are experiencing multiple concerns,
    create a new local user profile to replicate if it will occur on a newly created account. Also,
    we recommend that you post this to our TechNet Forums for
    more means of assistance. We'll wait for your update.

Erika Aro, Jul 18, 2017
  4. BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

Hi,

your seagate harddisk is failing. You should backup your data and perform tests on your hard disk.

Every dumps shows failing disk:

Code: 0x00000154: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (19.07.2017 08:11:45) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: hardware_disk PROCESS: MemCompression[/quote] Code: 0x00000154: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (19.07.2017 01:23:43) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: hardware_disk PROCESS: MemCompression[/quote] Code: 2017-07-02 00:17:54 Warning: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation. 2017-07-02 00:17:54 Warning: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation. 2017-07-02 00:17:54 Warning: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation. 2017-07-02 00:17:54 Warning: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation. 2017-07-02 00:17:54 Warning: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.[/quote]
    Please make a backup!:

1. Back Up ALL your data on an external device
    2. Create System Image Backup with Macrium Reflect

BSOD mainly when playing HOTS [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    HDD TESTS

Run HDTune to check health and scan for errors.

Note It may take some time, but look for signs of any errors or failure.

You can also run a disk or health check using chkdsk. Refer to the tutorial for details of how to do this.

Take Screenshots of it and post it here.

BSODHunter, Jul 19, 2017
  5. Hi there, thank you so much for your reply! I spent the day preparing to back up the system, I got an external all ready to go and started the back up.

It went for about 2 1/2 maybe 3hrs, it was just over half way done when the computer suddenly got the BSOD and rebooted.

I'm not 100% sure what to do now but I'll start again tomorrow *Smile

misspaperwait, Jul 20, 2017
  6. most important thing is to backup your private data.

If system image doesnt work, its because the hard disk is at the point of no return. Then you have to install windows on an new HDD/SSD.

BSODHunter, Jul 20, 2017
  7. It was working nicely for hours before it suddenly blue screened again :/

8. BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

U can try that 2-3 times, if this doesnt work your HDD is too defective and you have to reinstall Windows again on a new disk. Im sorry for you!

BSODHunter, Jul 20, 2017
  9. Ssjx2 Win User
    If u have a laptop or another pc nearby , u could try using a lan cable to transfer the data , because as soon as the pc crashes it will say error , try again? so u wait till u press that untill the broken pc is booted again and then try n resume it

Ssjx2, Jul 20, 2017
  10. I'll order a new hard drive today and in the mean time try backing up again *Smile I was using the built in Windows tool last time so maybe this time I'll try that program you recommended *Smile

11. So quick question, is there a way to figure out what kind of drive I need without having to open the thing up?

12. I looked in device manager and it says it's a ATA ST31000524AS SCSI Disk Device

i just want to make sure I order something that's actually going to be compatible 0.0

13. BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

SSD is recommended. HDDs for OS Drive has worn out.

BSODHunter, Jul 21, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    This link may be useful as you can install the Micron software to see its findings and suggested hardware:
    Welcome to the Crucial US Online Store | Free Delivery
    Then you can shop on other websites for what is of interest.
    As BSODHunter suggested go with the SSD for the drive on the computer and if you need additional storage space use the cloud or an external HD.
    Another option to move your files is a hard drive enclosure. They are inexpensive and give you the option to move the files at your own pace.

zbook, Jul 21, 2017
  15. Hey good news! The backup worked the second time around! *Smile

misspaperwait, Jul 21, 2017
Thema:

BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

1. BSOD mainly when playing HOTS - Similar Threads - BSOD mainly playing

2. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  3. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  4. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD when playing

BSOD when playing: I keep getting bsods whenever I'm playing games. They tend to be more common whenever I'm sharing my screen through discord.I keep getting the multiple irp complete requests and attempted switch from dpc bsodWin 10 home x64 ver 1903 build 18362.239 dump...
  6. BSOD, mainly when gaming.

BSOD, mainly when gaming.: I've been having BSOD issues since I built my PC, I ran driver verifier to see if that would help, it says there is an issue but doesn't say which driver is the problem. All drivers are up to date as far as I know, just need help figuring out what is wrong....
  7. BSOD Issue when gaming mainly

BSOD Issue when gaming mainly: Hi I'm posting for a friend, they bought there pc to me, I ran memtest86 for overnight (12 passes) and it showed 0 errors, I have included to Log Collector results for you. Thank you. 129896
  8. PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games

PC Screen flicker and freezes or BSOD mainly when playing games: Recently my pc started to screen freeze with a really loud noise or get random BSODs when playing games. Similar issue with an old post which led me here....
  9. BSOD playing LoL/HOTS

BSOD playing LoL/HOTS: That might be the issue, I've recently bought G502 mouse from Amazon and installed Logitech software.
  10. BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games

BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games: Hello, I have been getting BSOD in games such as CS GO and Alan Wake - sometimes i do not get a blue screen but just a black screen and them same noise it would make through the speakers, if it were to blue screen. I have done a memtest for 9 passes with no errors, i...