Windows 10: BSOD Memory Management - Both During Games and on Exiting Games

Discus and support BSOD Memory Management - Both During Games and on Exiting Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have had a recent run of problems playing WoW, GW2 and today Diablo III. Mainly play WoW and have been plagued by Error #132 crashes (54 since 26 Jan),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sktg51, Mar 3, 2017.

1. sktg51 Win User

BSOD Memory Management - Both During Games and on Exiting Games

Have had a recent run of problems playing WoW, GW2 and today Diablo III. Mainly play WoW and have been plagued by Error #132 crashes (54 since 26 Jan), interspersed with the occasional BSOD Memory Management crash. Thought issue confined to WoW until GW2 crashed a couple of time - the Microsoft window saying problem with program and was closing down (or words to that effect) - small rectangular window. Today got the BSOD on exiting Diablo.
    The relevant info should be in the file - Attachment 123586.
    I sure hope I have correctly included the file - I copied and pasted to here from my desktop???
    Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

:)

sktg51, Mar 3, 2017
  2. Vynax Win User

2 BSOD screens and multiple game crashes

Hello,

My computer started to encounter BSOD and game crashing to desktop a few days ago. BSOD could occur when I browsed on chrome or when playing games such as Starcraft 2 or Rainbow Six Siege. I decided to reset my PC - twice in fact. First time I saved my personal
    data, but the system kept crashing, so I decided to wipe everything off for a fresh start but to no avail.

I proceeded to reinstall the games and the games still crashed to desktop with occasional BSODs. Specific BSOD errors include:

- IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

- Memory Management

I have tried:

sfc/scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image/ RestoreHealth

sfc/scannow revealed data corruption at first, but after fixing it through Windows 10 bug of setting the ZH-HK as the primary language, no issues were shown
    during the scan.

I updated both my graphics card driver and ethernet driver on device manager as well. None seemed to have worked.

I would gladly appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks.

Vynax, Mar 3, 2017
  3. OnyxT Win User
    Sudden increase in Windows 10 BSODs after updates around 9/7/2017

It doesn't seem to be crashing in safe mode, but I can't do most of the stuff I'd do normally in safe mode.

For now, I've gotten 2 more BSODs today. One was after the usual exiting a game scenario (this time the Runescape client) with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys. The second was when I woke up my monitors after they'd turned off due to inactivity,
    but my PC had not yet gone to sleep. That generated an IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL stop code. I have no peripherals to speak of aside from a USB hub and my mouse and keyboard. I've removed the hub and will see if I get errors now.

Another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys BSOD. This is happening pretty reliably when I exit the Runescape client. I have now had a restart without the hub connected, so I'm assuming the drivers are fully unloaded. Will now see if I get another
    BSOD after exiting a game.

Just got another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, but this time it didn't say that intelppm.sys was what failed. It just had the stop code, no other information. This was with my USB hub disconnected. This BSOD was delayed by a minute or two after exiting a game.

I'm now up to 4 more BSODs in the span of about an hour. Sometimes they're delayed, like this most recent one, but other times they're immediately after exiting a game. More perplexing is that there was a period where I started and exited Overwatch and Runescape
    about two dozen times, but no BSOD occurred after exiting, or even after a delay.

Edit: And now I've had another IRQL BSOD while playing a game, not after exiting.

OnyxT, Mar 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

These problems could be because you are overclocking your system which is a very common cause of crashes, it may be overheating as a result of this too.

Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz" MaxSpeed: 3500 CurrentSpeed: 3604[/quote] Please reset your BIOS settings to default and remove all overclocking. Run your system for a while and repost a new set of files if you continue to get problems.

philc43, Mar 3, 2017
  5. sktg51 Win User
    Thanks for suggestion. I must admit I am unsure what overclocking is/does??? From reading I know it exists and the desire to do it can influence what parts you install, but I have never knowingly attempted to do it on my machine. Feel somewhat perplexed.
    I will do as you recommend.
    Cheers

sktg51, Mar 3, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Have a look through the manual for your motherboard. You will find a section on the BIOS and how to change the settings. There is usually a Fn key option to reset to optimised defaults.

Overclocking runs the processor at a faster speed which enhances such things as game performance by improving the frame rate for a smoother gaming experience.

For troubleshooting we always prefer to run at the recommended CPU frequency and voltages

philc43, Mar 3, 2017
  7. sktg51 Win User
    Did what you recommended and have not had a crash in the past couple of days - touch wood.
    A saga in itself getting that done. Could not find a UEFI option in my windows, so read-up and found that my sys info tells me my BIOS is legacy mode (who knew there was a difference!!). So went into my ASUS motheboard AI Suite 3 and fiddling around pressed '4 way optimization' which allowed my to press a key to access BIOS. Did reset + disenabled fast boot. Then had to reduce my CPU fan minimum speed to 300 to stop the CPU fan error on bootup.
    So I hope all is sorted and I sincerely thank you for the advice. (Still have no idea how the CPU speed got to overclock).

sktg51, Mar 6, 2017
  8. BSOD Memory Management - Both During Games and on Exiting Games

hm, isnt this normal?

Code: [Processor Information (Type 4) - Length 42 - Handle 0053h] Socket Designation SOCKET 1150 Processor Type Central Processor Processor Family 01h - Other Processor Manufacturer Intel Processor ID c3060300fffbebbf Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V External Clock 100MHz Max Speed 3800MHz Current Speed 3617MHz[/quote] Seems that the i5-4690 has Turbo up to 3.90 GHz
    https://ark.intel.com/de/products/80...up-to-3_90-GHz

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Memory Management - Both During Games and on Exiting Games - Similar Threads - BSOD Memory Management

2. Computer Restarts During Games, No BSOD No Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarts During Games, No BSOD No Memory Dump: For some reason when I try to run games like Red Dead Redemption 2, the computer starts itself a couple minutes into the game. I've monitored the temperatures and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've reset my BIOS settings and I'm not overclocking. Here are my...
  3. Computer Restarts During Games, No BSOD No Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarts During Games, No BSOD No Memory Dump: For some reason when I try to run games like Red Dead Redemption 2, the computer starts itself a couple minutes into the game. I've monitored the temperatures and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've reset my BIOS settings and I'm not overclocking. Here are my...
  4. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  5. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  6. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Memory Management BSODs and apps/games crashing

Memory Management BSODs and apps/games crashing: Hi, I have a windows 10 PC that was having memory management BSODs when I first bought it in January. I reseated and checked the RAM which didn't fix the problem, then saw that windows had set the virtual memory to about 2700mb for my 16gb of RAM, so I increased it. This...
  8. BSOD after exit game.

BSOD after exit game.: Hi, Recently I have BSOD (Critical Process Die) very often after exit/quit games and these only occurs with Rainbow Six, Escape From Tarkov and Black Desert Online. Please help me. Thank you very much Winver 1903 Here is my link to my log file :...
  9. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  10. BSOD after exiting games

BSOD after exiting games: This very same BSOD is back again :/ Last time, it used to freeze everything and then crash. Now, after exiting a game, the screen turns black and flickers from being turned on to off. Then it greets me with a very nice BSOD, with either VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or...