Windows 10: BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys

Discus and support BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased the AMD Radeon RX 480, which has been running with no problems for over a week now. But this weekend on a few occasions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kalvinparker, Jan 28, 2017.

1. BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys

Hello,

I recently purchased the AMD Radeon RX 480, which has been running with no problems for over a week now. But this weekend on a few occasions has been BSOD with the error atikmag.sys being the problem.

Many Thanks to anyone who can help.

:)

kalvinparker, Jan 28, 2017

2. Need Help ASAP (Graphics Card/Driver Errors - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys)

Hi Team,

I have purchaged new Dell inperion leptop and i have replace operating system linux to window 10 . I was browsing Chrome and everything was going okay, until suddenly the display just started lagging, and then my computer blacked out (like BSOD), I restarted
    it and everything went back to normal, yesterday the same thing happened but multiple times, and took more than 1 restart to get the computer to function normally. Today I couldn't even turn on my PC most of the time (sometimes heard one long beep followed
    by 3 short ones), and if it works I can only use it for about 5 minutes until the display crashes (rarely works for extended periods of time), sometimes I get the error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys), and one time Windows just disabled AMD display driver
    for "causing errors" (and installed it back after a restart). I think the issue is either from the graphics card itself, or the graphics card driver.

So please provide the permanent solution for this error .

Regards

Gopal Rajawat

Gopal SinghRajawat, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Miniegun Win User
    Occasional BSOD after installing new graphics card

Recently I installed a new graphics card and RAM into my computer as well as a new fresh SSD. The graphics card and RAM are compatible and I have a big enough power supply for it. Ever since installing the new graphics cards I have been getting BSOD and
    the errors seem to point to a driver related issue. I did a clean uninstall and reinstall of my Nvidia drivers hoping it would fix it but it didn't. Also, a few errors ago I had an error that apparently was related to my network driver, which I updated as
    well. I am still getting BSOD and my last one was memory corruption related according to a quick Google of the error. When I am playing games that I put on my new SSD, I often get fatal errors and the game crashes. Once again I'm not sure if this is driver
    related. The errors and BSOD are not consistent. Prior to tonight I haven't had a BSOD for 11 days. 11 days ago I had about 3-4 in two days. When the blue screens occur I am not doing anything new or different to what I usually do, nor am I stressing out my
    PC or graphics card. I am lost as two what driver is causing it, as I have installed fresh Nvidia drivers three times now and that is the only driver issue I would think is the culprit as prior to installing my new card I did not have blue screens (I had faulty
    RAM causing boot issues but that has been fixed with the new RAM installed).

Here is my last three minidump files as well as an MSinfo file: BSOD – Google Drive

I would really appreciate help getting this fixed as myself and everyone I know are baffled as to what is causing my random blue screens.

Miniegun, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys

There are no dumps in the zip file you uploaded so not much I can do to help. If you had any dumps, they are gone now.

Do you run a drive cleaning program like CCleaner? If so, stop until this problem is resolved or set it up so it doesn't delete mini dumps.

Attachment 119069

Run dm_log_collector again the next time a BSOD occurs and upload here.

Ztruker, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Thank you for response, I will have a look at my settings and will report back when the problem arises again.

kalvinparker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys

1. BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD likely related

2. Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys": I've recently started having issues with this particular file. Device manager tells me everything is fine, windows is up to date, all my hard drives are in top shape. I've run image file and sfc a bazillion times and nothing seems to have gone wrong with it, I've also scanned...
  3. BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: Hello,After upgrading from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070, I received a BSOD at the desktop and a DMP file was created. It has only happened one time and it was on the first boot up with the 3070.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhFwSuY8Ahin31NcPzKnMyWEsiH?e=KCVDJt...
  4. Multiple BSODs most likely relating to my SSD

Multiple BSODs most likely relating to my SSD: Hi there, I have a 2017 Dell Alienware 15R3 with i7-7700HQ, 16gb RAM, GTX 1060 6gb, 256gb LITEON SSD, 1TB HDD and Windows 10 20H2.CX2-8B256-Q11 NVMe LITEON 256GB -This is my SSDHGST HTS721010A9E630 -This is my HDDI have had multiple BSODs recently with multiple stopcodes and...
  5. Graphics card driver error and BSODs

Graphics card driver error and BSODs: Hi. So I had just reinstalled windows and updated it to the newest build. After reinstalling, I noticed that whenever I played any videos both online or through the player offline, there would be transient glitch sounds as if the video was stuck. I suspected the sound...
  6. Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely.

Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely.: Hi folks, I'm having a lot of trouble with my custom-built computer recently, on random occasionally during a graphically intense game I will get a BSOD and sometimes I get the BSOD either when I immediately exit from the game or exit from the game and shut down my...
  7. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...
  8. BSOD Crashes - graphics card related

BSOD Crashes - graphics card related: Hi, I've experienced multiple BSODs almost every other day whether it'd be gaming or just plain surfing the web. I can trace it down to atikmdag being an issue on the computer. I've installed AMD uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers to no end. I'm not sure if it'll...
  9. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...
  10. Disabling On-board Graphics Card (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disabling On-board Graphics Card (igdkmd64.sys): I've been having some issues with BSOD's occurring over the last couple of days which consistently print out a specific message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys" which from what I understand is somehow related to my default display adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 530....
Tags: