Windows 10: BSOD (mostly while playing Dota 2) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support BSOD (mostly while playing Dota 2) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having BSOD's mostly while playing Dota 2. It's happened randomly in the past but yesterday it happened twice while playing Dota 2 and today,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fawkes, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Fawkes Win User

BSOD (mostly while playing Dota 2) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've been having BSOD's mostly while playing Dota 2. It's happened randomly in the past but yesterday it happened twice while playing Dota 2 and today, it happened once while I was in a lync call. I've tried troubleshooting by following the instructions here: http://windows7themes.net/en-us/5-wa...less-or-equal/. This gave me DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION immediately on startup so I reset it in safe mode. I've tried updating drivers but I couldn't find any that weren't up to date. I've found several people having similar issues with Intel RST and Marvell 91xx drivers so I've uninstalled both. I retried the verifier but I'm still getting the verifier detected violation. I'm not sure what else to do. Here are my debug files as requested in the BSOD posting instructions: Attachment 36543

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Fawkes, Sep 8, 2015
  2. DqOrbit Win User

Getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen error while playing Dota 2 game

Old title: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Hi,

I have been playing a game called 'Dota 2' for a while. I had a Macbook Pro before I had this laptop and the game ran perfectly on my mac. I switched over to a new MSI Windows 8.1 laptop a while ago and re-downloaded Dota 2 on it. It happens randomly when
    I'm playing the game, but my whole computer will freeze for a few seconds making a loud buzzing noise and then goes to a blue screen that says MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. This doesn't happen all the time, it only happens when I am playing Dota 2 and I've had
    this issue, mostly every time I play the game.

This is my system info:

Screenshot - bf7b1223e3c83f8443a5f1a92b6e6d8e - Gyazo

(Copy and paste it into your url bar)

Thanks

DqOrbit, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 frequent BSOD

Hi everyone

Can anyone help me with my problem? Since Windows 10 upgrade( from Win-7), more and more frequent BSOD occurs- mostly while playing DOTA 2. Most common cause displayd on BSOD screnn was IRQL not less or equall. Another weird thing is every time system reboots
    after this crash or bsod- i can only "see" half of my available memory (i have 16 GB- 4*4, but can see only 8 GB- even in BIOS). i have already tried checking and updating my drivers, chckdisk, several memtest for faulty memories- with 0 errors.

Here is the latest dumpfile

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09525321761200077925

Would appreciate any advice.

RelagWithdot, Sep 8, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Fawkes,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I have taken a look at the causes of the crashes of yesterday.
    When I'm home I'll have a look at the other recent crashes.

Juniper, please update the software or remove it
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm jnprnsstart end module name fffff801`86a00000 fffff801`86a86000 jnprns T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: jnprns.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\jnprns.sys Image name: jnprns.sys Timestamp: Thu Oct 30 19:38:20 2014 (5452859C) CheckSum: 00084241 ImageSize: 00086000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] AMD drivers, check your manufacturer (for laptop) or the AMD site (for desktop) for driver updates.
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm atikmpagstart end module name fffff801`4ca00000 fffff801`4caa8000 atikmpag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys Image name: atikmpag.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 03:42:28 2015 (55C01884) CheckSum: 000B131D ImageSize: 000A8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 3: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff801`4f330000 fffff801`5083a000 atikmdag (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 05:28:52 2015 (55C03174) CheckSum: 014ADEC6 ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD (mostly while playing Dota 2) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

BSOD (mostly while playing Dota 2) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Fawkes Win User
    Thank you so much for the quick reply axe0.

I use Juniper for work. The company provides an installation package that uses a built in configuration file. It doesn't have a way to update without going through the company. I have the newest version they provide. I tried updating through device manager but it said I had the newest version. Is there anyway I can keep the configuration and still update it? Also, I looked for the download on Juniper's website here: Download Software - Support - Juniper Networks. I get the forever loading symbol.

My AMD drivers were already up to date according to the AMD auto-detect utility. The newer beta driver for Windows 10 is only for Windows 10 32 bit.

I updated my system specs.

Fawkes, Sep 8, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Updating through the device manager is in most cases not the way to update drivers, because you'll almost everytime get the result that the driver(s) is/are updated.

When updating drivers/software you should do it via the site of the company in this case.

I see yes, a message from the site, probably is this the working site: Technical Support for VPN, NAC or Mobility Solutions | Pulse Secure
    Attachment 36589

Try to remove the AMD Catalyst Control Center and only install the drivers.

axe0, Sep 8, 2015
  7. Fawkes Win User
    I tried the Pulse Secure website. It just makes me put in a support ticket. For the AMD driver, I wasn't trying to install the suite. I was trying to install just the driver from the website but I think they're bundled. It won't let me install it. I downloaded the "Latest Beta Driver" at Desktop
    . I tried uninstalling the catalyst center from add or remove programs which seemed to work but the control center is still on my computer. I've rebooted and it's still there. I'll keep trying in the meantime.

Fawkes, Sep 8, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

axe0, Sep 8, 2015
  9. Fawkes Win User
    I did register. It didn't let me download anything. The only thing it let me do is put in a help ticket. And the installation package doesn't give me any options. It just goes straight to downloading after extracting the files. I looked in there and found a folder called drivers. How do I know which file it is? There's a folder inside the drivers folder called Display, went in there but all the msi files say they're not compatible because they're for Windows Vista or Windows Blue.

Fawkes, Sep 9, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Did you choose the standard way of installing or custom / advanced?

11. Fawkes Win User
    It didn't give me any options

Fawkes, Sep 9, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall it, install again and make a screenshot of every installation step and post them.

13. Fawkes Win User

Attachment 36741Attachment 36742Attachment 36743Attachment 36744Attachment 36745Attachment 36747Attachment 36748Attachment 36749Attachment 36750

Fawkes, Sep 9, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Search for an installation package that supports 64 bit.

15. Fawkes Win User
    Fawkes, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD (mostly while playing Dota 2) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - BSOD mostly while

2. constant BSODs while playing videogames, especifically, Dota 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant BSODs while playing videogames, especifically, Dota 2: Good night guys, I've been having a lot of BSODs lately. I've tested it out and it only happens when I'm playing DotA 2. I've tried reinstalling my drivers, running sfc /scannow, the rdimm thing, cleaned my pc. I even reinstalled my goddamned windows OS. I'll put along the...
  3. BSOD while playing Dota 2 primarily (othertimes too)

BSOD while playing Dota 2 primarily (othertimes too): I built my computer a little under a year ago, but over the past few days it is crashing randomly. I looked into if it was heat related with monitoring software, but GPU and CPU temps are fine. It happens more often when I play Dota 2, but I have reinstalled and validated the...
  4. BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2

BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2: im new here, and i think you guys can solved my problem i bought a new PC and fresh install it with windows 10, then the bsod come it keep happening to my pc. then i decide to upgrade my windows 10 to windows 10 pro but bsod stand still. the problem is when i play dota 2...
  5. BSOD While Playing Dota 2 - Happens Back to Back

BSOD While Playing Dota 2 - Happens Back to Back: Long time lurker and finally got fed up. Thanks in advance for the help. I get the BSOD error only when I play Dota 2. Sometimes I can go hours without it. But lately, it's been happening more frequently. Sometimes it happens back to back where after I restart my computer,...
  6. Bsod playing overwatch Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bsod playing overwatch Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: im really desperate cuz of this *Sad i tried to reinstall windows several times it works fine for couple of days then that bsod happens again (it only happens when playing Overwatch) im using windows 10 pro (creators update) i will upload the most recent bsods files hopefully...
  7. BSOD When i play DOta 2

BSOD When i play DOta 2: During nearly every match my game would freeze and cause a machine check exception, just happends in dota, I can play other games Like GTA V without issue, but Dota. First I thought it was overheat issue cuz the temperature was at 65°, now i boosted my fans and i got 50°...
  8. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while trying to play Dota 2. I have previously run multiple programs, perhaps I've overworked the...
  9. BSOD playing dota 2

BSOD playing dota 2: Guys help me please... My laptop keep Bsod especially when playing dota 2 I got different BSOD everytime 1. irql_not_less_or_equal 2. system service exception dxgmms1.sys 3. dpc watchdog violation and many many more... Here is my minidump : Dropbox - minidump...
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...