Windows 10: BSOD mostly while stressing GPU

Discus and support BSOD mostly while stressing GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got this laptop used. It was having a bunch of problems so I reinstalled windows, fresh drivers, updated bios, etc. BSOD still hanging around,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by peakhunter, Aug 17, 2017.

1. BSOD mostly while stressing GPU

I got this laptop used. It was having a bunch of problems so I reinstalled windows, fresh drivers, updated bios, etc. BSOD still hanging around, typically when I stress the graphics card. Most of the time its when I'm playing PUBG, but it happened this morning when I turned my laptop on. Various errors come up:

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERAL_ERROR
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    VIDEO-TDR-FAILURE

System Spec: MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro
    i7-6700HQ
    nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
    512GB M.2 SSD
    Realtek HD Audio
    16GB RAM

I'm using bluescreenview to analyze the dump files as best as I can. Before updating the bios, the driver causing the problem seemed to be nvlddmkm.sys. I followed a few tutorials to replace that file manually. After updating the bios, it seems the major problem is ntoskrnl.exe. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    BSOD mostly while stressing GPU [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

peakhunter, Aug 17, 2017

2. BSOD while playing game

This is contradictory to what they said about GPU about its health. Power saving mode signals less stress on the GPU and this is the reason why there are no BSODs.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Thread stuck in device driver error

Hi,

I too feel the GPU might be broken. Let us stress test it and see if it crashes.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/13081-furma...

A BSOD or artifacts or temps higher than 85 mean there is a problem with the GPU.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 17, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD mostly while stressing GPU

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

zbook, Aug 17, 2017
  5. what software are you talking about? windows 10? i believe i have a genuine version since it came with the laptop

peakhunter, Aug 17, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: slmgr /dlv

Post an image into the thread.

zbook, Aug 17, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    There is software on the computer that still permit diverting activation.

zbook, Aug 18, 2017
  8. BSOD mostly while stressing GPU

Which software is causing the problem? I will remove it

Thanks

peakhunter, Aug 18, 2017
  9. some more crashes recently. also still interested in whatever software is causing my problem

peakhunter, Aug 20, 2017
  10. BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD mostly while stressing GPU

1. BSOD mostly while stressing GPU - Similar Threads - BSOD mostly while

2. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  3. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  4. when GPU stressed PC crashes and reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when GPU stressed PC crashes and reboots: hi all i have been having a problem for about a year where after 5-10 minutes of me using a GPU intensive program it will restart the pc. once restarted there will be no output from GPU but output from onboard graphics. i have replaced the GPU and power supply there is no way...
  5. BSOD when stressing gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when stressing gpu: Recently i have been getting BSOD while playing games So i stress tested my laptop gpu The Temperature is always 70-80 C But after a while i hear glitching in sounda And suddenly everything freezes and the BSOD appears Everything is updated drivers, windows, everything My...
  6. BSOD while stress testing my gpu

BSOD while stress testing my gpu: Not too sure what happened, I monitored temps while the test was running and everything appeared normal but suddenly got bsod during the test. Test had been running for about 30 minutes prior to this error. I will attach a copy of the dmp file below....
  7. BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU

BSOD when playing game or stressing GPU: Hello guys, My pc works great. I can browse internet, watch movies etc. But when i play game after 5-10 min i got BSOD with lined screen and buzzing sound coming from my headphones. After crash with no error it force me to hard shutdown or reset. When i reset pc or shut it...
  8. BSOD on gpu stress HDD usage 100% on 0.1mb

BSOD on gpu stress HDD usage 100% on 0.1mb: I recently started having issues after my brother downloaded some malware on my pc now i get 100% hdd use on 0.1 mb evey time the gpu load is at above 60% or 70%. I have attached my dumps if anyone can help. All the BSODs were in CS:GO and now i cant eaven play any games...
  9. Reboots while gaming, but not while stressing

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboots while gaming, but not while stressing: Hi all, I am currently experiencing computer reboots while gaming; however, I can not duplicate the reboots by stressing the hardware. Earlier, I ran Furmark and Prime95 simultaneously for two hours without issue. My temperatures were fine throughout the stressing (~70C...
  10. FurMark - GPU Stress Test

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test: How to: FurMark - GPU Stress Test FurMark - GPU Stress Test [img] Information Furmark is an intensive OpenGL benchmark that uses fur rendering algorithms to measure the performance of the graphics card. BSOD analysts will recommend you use Furmark to test the...