Windows 10: BSOD mounting ISO natively from samba share

Discus and support BSOD mounting ISO natively from samba share in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To reproduce: 1) You need a network share drive on another device that is mapped locally as a drive. 2) Place an ISO image of some kind in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mihoda, Aug 31, 2015.

1. mihoda Win User

BSOD mounting ISO natively from samba share

To reproduce:

1) You need a network share drive on another device that is mapped locally as a drive.

2) Place an ISO image of some kind in a location on that shared drive.

3) Attempt to open the ISO natively (double-click or right click-> open as...)

I have not reported this to Microsoft.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

:)

mihoda, Aug 31, 2015
  2. RickSykes Win User

mapped network drive does not remount at logon

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1

Mapped shared folders from NAS drive do not remount at logon. Also logon.bat file run from Samba does not mount the same drive as it did in 8.1 and previous versions. I can mount the shared folders both from the command line (using same commands as logon.bat) and
    from explorer in windows 10.

RickSykes, Aug 31, 2015
  3. johnlf Win User
    N900 networking?

I use a much easier way. I loaded a program on the N900 called "Wizard Mounter 1.5". It lets me mount any windows share (or Samba share on a Linux PC in my case) on my LAN onto my N900. I can then browse my LAN share directly from the phone and play music,
    copy files, whatever I want, all wirelessly.

johnlf, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums mihoda. I don't use samba share to try and recreate or check. Try removing the stored credentials for the Samba share, and see if that helps.

Code: SYMBOL_NAME: rdbss!RxLockUserBuffer+62 FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: rdbss IMAGE_NAME: rdbss.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 559f3b6d IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.10240.16384 BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 62 FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_61946_rdbss!RxLockUserBuffer BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_61946_rdbss!RxLockUserBuffer[/quote]

Dude, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD mounting ISO natively from samba share - Similar Threads - BSOD mounting ISO

2. Connecting to a Samba Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  3. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  4. Wrong path type and size on mounted samba share on Windows 10

Wrong path type and size on mounted samba share on Windows 10: I use a pretty simple python script (also tried a nodejs script) like the one at the end to find all files in a directory and its subdirectories together with their file size and modified time. Therefore the script uses stat syscall to retrieve information about a path: type...
  5. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  6. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  7. mount an ISO at boot?

mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093
  8. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...
  9. Samba share doesn't work

Samba share doesn't work: Hi, I have Vbox with Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS installed on it. My host is Win 10 (Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240). I've tried to get my samba share working for the whole day. I asked in #Windows, #ubuntu, #samba, #php, everywhere. I've googled and googled and googled.......
  10. Unable to See Samba Share

Unable to See Samba Share: Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it short. I have a headless ubuntu server that has a samba server. It's connected to the network with a cable (not wifi) and has a static IP. My desktop (also wired with static IP) is unable to see the samba share at all: not when I go to the...