Windows 10: BSOD moving half-TB of data, error 0x0EA

Discus and support BSOD moving half-TB of data, error 0x0EA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; UPDATE on BSODs (21/05/17): I've experienced more BSODs since the start of this thread. New dumps uploaded. I have reset my overclock settings back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kyle, May 16, 2017.

1. Kyle Win User

BSOD moving half-TB of data, error 0x0EA

UPDATE on BSODs (21/05/17):

I've experienced more BSODs since the start of this thread. New dumps uploaded. I have reset my overclock settings back to stock values as it was overclocked prior but I don't see how my OC had anything to do with the crashes as it was perfectly stable. These crashes are down to display drivers.

Attachment 136068 Attachment 136070

Attachment 136071

OLD INFO:
    I was moving half a TB of data from one drive to another (A 4TB drive) along with downloading something, mirroring an SSD (has my main OS installation on) as a backup, having Firefox (with 6 tabs), Spotify (playing music), Facebook Messenger (the Windows 10 app), having Windows Updates running in the background, erasing a hard disk data AND backing up and moving some gaming youtube video files to another drive ALL at the same time and then BOOM! Windows crashes to a Blue Screen of Death saying this...

I can only suspect that the issue points fingers directly at either my RAM or my new AMD graphics card drivers! Hmm...I suspect highly that it's caused by my display drivers...I have recently updated them to the latest for my graphics card from support.amd.com as getting them from ASUS' website is a waste of time. They have outdated drivers and couldn't care less to update the list.

:)

2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER Windows 10

Hello Microsoft Community,

I have been getting BSODs recently so much and the error code is DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

I have a Acer Laptop with

i5-8250U

Nvidia GeForce MX150

6GB DDR4 Ram

1 TB HDD

The BSOD happens Randomly

And i have searched on Google and i found out it's driver issue and i got other BSOD code and it's driver error too but i didn't do any driver changes recently

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Abdulaziz10, May 16, 2017
  3. can i delete C:\Users\Default\Documents in windows 10 pro

I have 1 tb laptop HDD, my hard disk is filled more than half. when I searched the maximum data stored area I found "C:\Users\Default\Documents" .

Can I delete the same. weather it will affect the system.

[Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup ]

TamilvananVilvam, May 16, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Not able to read dumps very well right now. The Microsoft Symbol Servers are messed up and all the dumps show are symbol errors.

I did see this: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys. Since that is video related I would see if there is a newer driver for your
    Code: Card name: ASUS R9 280 Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x679A)[/quote] I suggest completely uninstalling the display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you card here: ASUS R9280-DC2T-3GD5. The driver you have now is much newer than the one on the ASUS site so I believe you are using a later AMD Crimson driver. You can try both of them, starting with the newest AMD Crimson and if still problems, revert back to the newset from the ASUS site.

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, May 17, 2017
  5. Kyle Win User
    I don't have an NVIDIA GPU or chipset. BSOD moving half-TB of data, error 0x0EA :p Both my GPU and chipset are AMD. (AMD 990X (9-Series) and AMD R9 280X)

I don't know why ASUS don't update the drivers on their downloads if I'm honest. It's a bit silly.

6. Ztruker Win User
    Sorry it took so long to work on this, Microsoft finally fixed the symbol servers.

The newest dump, 5/17 7:48 PM indicates a video problem:
    Code: BugCheck EA, {ffffb083e19f2800, 0, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!TraceDxgkDevice+eff )[/quote] Driver Description: ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
    Driver Update Site: AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download

Use DDU as I mentioned in my previous post then install the latest Crimson driver available for your video card. The Nvidia in my previous post was a typo, meant AMD.

Ztruker, May 21, 2017
  7. Kyle Win User
    Unfortunately the newest drivers were the ones I was using to begin with and I had issues as well. More info about this here.

My current driver version(s) below:
    Attachment 136121
    And the ones I used at first were the latest for the Radeon R9 2xx Series as below:
    Attachment 136122

Attachment 136123<- Newest drivers.

BSOD moving half-TB of data, error 0x0EA [​IMG]

8. Ztruker Win User

From what was said in the other thread you posted a link to, version 7.1.1 is the last stable one for the 280X card. Have you tried that?

Also

Ztruker, May 21, 2017
  9. Kyle Win User
    When you say "7.1.1 is the last stable one for the 280X" you mean 17.1.1 or 7.1.1 exactly?

10. Ztruker Win User
    Look at the thread at the link you posted. That's where I got the info and it says 7.1.1.

Ztruker, May 21, 2017
  11. Kyle Win User
    I have a couple of new dumps for analysing if you please? *Smile I do appreciate the time of support. I tried analysing myself but it says wrong symbols. -_-

*** STOP: 0x00000116 (0xffffe687aaa134a0, 0xfffff80ec3eff228, 0xffffffffc0000001,
    0x0000000000000003)

*** dxgkrnl.sys - Address 0xfffff80ec33bb268 base at 0xfffff80ec3250000 DateStamp
    0x590280ba

Attachment 137652

12. Ztruker Win User
    You are still at the newer video driver level as far as I can see, and not 7.1.1 as suggested in the thread you posted; Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10? - Windows 10 Forums

Latest dump says:
    Code: BugCheck 50, {ffffd38e6f545960, 0, fffff80a552d529a, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+118529a )[/quote] That again points to your video card.

Ztruker, Jun 1, 2017
  13. Kyle Win User

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean by 7.1.1. Is that just the display driver version or the Crimson ReLive Edition 17.x version?

14. Ztruker Win User
    Read the post I klinked to and the one before it. That's all I know, sorry. Maybe send a PM to @CountMike, the person who made the post and ask for clarification????

Ztruker, Jun 1, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    My mistake, it was 17.1.1

CountMike, Jun 1, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD moving half-TB of data, error 0x0EA - Similar Threads - BSOD moving half

2. BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error: I just got a BSOD and I think it might be msedge.exe but I'm not 100% sure since I don't know how to read the memory.dmp. Any help would be appreciated.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  3. One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive, half of the data on local computer and half on cloud: Hi, I have 500GB of internal storage on my laptop. My One Drive has 1 TB in it. Theoretically I can only use 500GB As much as my internal hard drive capacity despite of 1TB facility from One drive. Does one drive have a smart sync features, where I can have a folder on...
  4. moving data folders

moving data folders: C: /users folders to an other drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-data-folders/ae3a3f85-1c43-4860-8b8d-eb7f55126ba1
  5. BSOD for a week and a half

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD for a week and a half: After a Microsoft Update a week and a half ago, I've been getting the BSOD multiple times per day. At first it was 10 to 15 times per day, but an update last week reduced it to 3 or 4 times per day. My computer wouldn't stay functional long enough for me to get anything...
  6. BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error

BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error: I got a bluescreen error that says I have Kernel Data Inpage error. Previously, I also had BSOD that is caused by memory management error and this has happen more than once. Looking at the reliability report: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎3/‎17/‎2020 3:22 PM...
  7. 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?

3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?: Combines storage capacity of everything on my network (which includes an 8 Tb server) is 14tb. I did shut down the server and checked properties again, same results. I've posted the results below. I have 150Gb of music files in the music folder. [ATTACH]...
  8. moving data

moving data: how do I move data from windows 7 laptop to Microsoft Surface windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-data/c0bdf493-5198-4b57-a50c-ee4b0152820b"
  9. Cannot view area/data of hard drive above 2 TB of 4 TB hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot view area/data of hard drive above 2 TB of 4 TB hard drive: I had to uninstall Acronis True Image 2013 which seemed to be the issue with my Windows 10 64bit PC having many BSODs. Un-installing Acronis True Image 2013 meant that I lost the use of Acronis Extended Capacity Manager to make use of all of my Western Digital Black 4 TB hard...
  10. BSOD, many errors, sending data

BSOD, many errors, sending data: Hi there Not much to say, sudden crashes with BSOD and reboot. (It's probably relevant to mention that before this bsod's i had a different thing that stopped happening due to something i might have changed, what i'm talking about is like a "hang" of the system but then...