Windows 10: BSOD Multiple Error Codes after every extended power off

Discus and support BSOD Multiple Error Codes after every extended power off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I completed a new PC build a couple weeks ago. Every time I turn the PC off for a few hours and come back and power it on 1 of 2 things happens. 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by insanegod, Sep 7, 2016.

1. insanegod Win User

BSOD Multiple Error Codes after every extended power off

I completed a new PC build a couple weeks ago. Every time I turn the PC off for a few hours and come back and power it on 1 of 2 things happens.

1. The PC BSOD during the windows load before the log on screen
    2. The PC BSOD at the log on or shortly after I log in (within 2 minutes)

The BSOD happens and the PC reboots. At this point everything is fine. PC works flawlessly. Was on for 3 straight days no problems at all playing games, watching movies, etc. As soon as I powered it off for a few hours and came back same behavior. BSOD, reboots then works fine.

Some of the BSOD messages I've gotten are:
    kmode_exception_not_handled
    system_thread_exception_not_handled
    irql_not_less_or_equal

I have seen some of these before in other builds and thought there might be RAM problems. Did a 8 hour multiple-passes Memtest run and not a single error.

Windows 10 is updated and all my drivers are up-to-date as far as I can tell.

Any help would be appreciated. All the dumps that have been generated are attached.

:)

insanegod, Sep 7, 2016
  2. njohnsn Win User

BSOD occurs on laptop power up, but is fine after rebooting.

When every I power up my laptop after it has been shut off for several hours I get a BSOD (usually every morning).

Most of the time it is related to some driver and the stop code is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION.

The last error was in FLTMGR.SYS.

The system reboots and then everything is fine until I power off the laptop and leave it off (again over night).

Is there a way I can figure out what is causing the issue?

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

njohnsn, Sep 7, 2016
  3. RJBertram Win User
    BSOD Repeatedly after 30SEP Windows 10 Cumulative Update

Since 30SEP after a "Cumulative Windows 10 Update" I have been having on and off BSOD's.

Error code 1: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Error code 2: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DNC

Normally I will at some point of use encounter a BSOD with error code 1. My computer will reboot and within five minutes I'll be prompted with a BSOD with error code 2.

Link to DMP's and System Specs:

DMP.zip

Thanks for any help!

RJBertram, Sep 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

axe0, Sep 8, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Multiple Error Codes after every extended power off - Similar Threads - BSOD Multiple Error

2. BSOD Issue - Multiple Error Codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issue - Multiple Error Codes: Hi Everyone,I'm struggling to troubleshoot some issues I'm having on my PC. I restarted my computed and have been getting a variety of BSOD. These happen when I try to log in so I cannot do any troubleshooting steps that would be required after log in. I have also tried doing...
  3. BSOD Issue - Multiple Error Codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issue - Multiple Error Codes: Hi Everyone,I'm struggling to troubleshoot some issues I'm having on my PC. I restarted my computed and have been getting a variety of BSOD. These happen when I try to log in so I cannot do any troubleshooting steps that would be required after log in. I have also tried doing...
  4. Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day: Hello,I have formatted my entire computer and my multiple disk, reset the BIOS to default setting, updated the BIOS, updated all driver, still, everyday I get multiple BSOD error.Here is the lift in order of the most common to the least;1. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT2....
  5. Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day: Hello,I have formatted my entire computer and my multiple disk, reset the BIOS to default setting, updated the BIOS, updated all driver, still, everyday I get multiple BSOD error.Here is the lift in order of the most common to the least;1. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT2....
  6. Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Multiple BSOD Codes

Multiple BSOD Codes: Hello, Recently while gaming I have experienced a couple BSOD, each with different codes. I am running Windows 10 and I built this desktop about a year and a half ago. Any help would be appreciated. Attached here is my log. If you need anymore information from me let me...
  8. Multiple BSOD Error Codes

Multiple BSOD Error Codes: I have been having multiple different bsod error codes on my computer. The list includes: System service exception, kmode excpetion not handled, System thread exception not handled, critical structure corruption, attempted write to readonly memory, unexpected kernal mode...
  9. Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes

Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes: Built a new computer around the start of this month (feb) and have been having intermittent BSOD's, ranging between 1 day and 1 week or so between. They don't seem to happen at any specific time or usage; having occured when the pc was idle overnight aswell as when playing a...
  10. Multiple BSOD error codes

Multiple BSOD error codes: I updated from windows 7 the day that 10 launched and for a few days everything worked perfectly, then I crashed a few times, and today I crashed three times, all for different reasons. The first crash was a kernell_data_inpage_error. I did occasionally get this in 7, and...