Windows 10: BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Discus and support BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I'm so glad to have found this forum! My laptop is about 6 months old. i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHZ. 16GM Memory. Nearly every day I get a BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bmacbmac, Sep 21, 2016.

1. bmacbmac Win User

BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Hello. I'm so glad to have found this forum!

My laptop is about 6 months old. i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHZ. 16GM Memory. Nearly every day I get a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I'm typically am not doing anything with a heavy load like gaming.

Although, If I'm watching a video on Youtube I can typically forsee the BSOD as the sound on the video stutters a little bit... almost like a buzzing sound.

I have spoken with Dell support and they basically just want me to reinstall Windows. I don't have days to re-install Windows and all my programs... really hoping to find the actual problem and fix it.

Attached are the files from the instructions.

I reeeeeaaaallllyy appreciate you taking a look at it.

Thanks!

:)

bmacbmac, Sep 21, 2016

2. BSOD Help whea_uncorrectable_error (124)

Hi thanks for replying. To answer your questions, this issue occurs very rarely but has now happened twice within a short period. This is a computer I built myself. I initially thought my ram was causing the issue because the documentation from Asus (motherboard
    manufacture) didn't show the ram I was using as supported models. So I replaced them with new Adata sticks that are supported, and I got another crash after about 5 minutes of running the computer on idle. Also my motherboard likes to automatically "optimize"
    settings in the UEFI bios which includes a slight overclocking of the cpu and possibly the ram as well. I have forced all settings in bios to run at hardware defaults (or standard) settings, and so far have had no issues.

Here's a link to my public onedrive folder with two zipped dump files (it's all i have)

Public

Hollow1115, Sep 21, 2016
  3. BSOD Help whea_uncorrectable_error (124)

Hi,

I will certainly help you regarding the blue screen issue.

Kindly let us know a few more details on the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Kindly refer the suggestions from the link below:

Windows 10 BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Also, refer the link regarding the blue screen error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Sep 21, 2016
  4. thekelt Win User

Don't have time to go into this but briefly from MS:
    The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed. If over-clocking has been enabled, try disabling it. Confirm that any cooling systems such as fans are functional. Run system diagnostics to confirm that the system memory is not defective. It is less likely, but possible that a driver is causing the hardware to fail with this bug check.

Unless someone else can come up with someone. it sounds like the unit may need to go into the garage. Cheers.

thekelt, Sep 21, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Overclocking or overheating is usually not the case with laptops, because overclocking is usually not possible and laptop hardware is capable of handling quite a high temperature.

Based on what I quickly see in the dumps and the age of the laptop it would be easiest to return the laptop, but backup any important data first!

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Nearly every day doing basic tasks - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 - Similar Threads - BSOD Nearly every

2. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  3. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello My PC has been randomly for a couple of days already crashing mostly when I left a game on background running, please adviseDesktop specsCPU: Intel I7-7700K Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PLUSGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value:...
  4. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  5. BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error 124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have a minidump that I'll post hopefully someone with more insight can understand what's going on. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of...
  6. BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with error WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: HelloI have a few errors with a new PC. When gaming, I sometimes have BSOD, randomly. All the same mistake. I'll tell you what test have been done.Config : Ryzen 5 5600X / ASUS B450-F / 16GB RAM / 500GB NVMe SSD / RTX 3060The BIOS is up to date and was reset to defaults.The...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hello, I've been getting crashes/restarts on my pc since I did some upgrades. only seems to crash while playing games-1-2 times on 2019 cod and bsod on Wolfenstein new order. Replaced gpu 2 months ago but has worked fine. replaced Mobo/cpu b550 msi edge gaming wifi, 5800x cpu...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Hi nerds, My PC has twice rebooted itself with no warning. I did not see a bsod either time, so i thought it may have been a power issue at first. Both times a dump file was left, with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124. The first crash occurred shortly after PC was powered on...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124 but no bsod: Do I understand it correctly, from your description, that there has been only 1 crash? No, the crashes usually happen 3-4 times each week. It has been going for quite a while now, since the fall creators update. In the meantime I have reinstalled my system a couple of times,...
  10. Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)"

Bsod "whea_uncorrectable_error (124)": Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring out the source of my blue screen on my Gigabyte Aero 14. The bluescreens happen mostly on battery mode, for exemple when I startup the computer, when I unplug the power cord, or when I wake up the computer from sleepmode. In some rare cases...