Windows 10: BSOD netio.sys related

Discus and support BSOD netio.sys related in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm struggling to solve regular BSOD issues. It feels like I'm having 3-4 BSOD crashes each time I use my laptop. I never had these issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bowiefan, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Bowiefan Win User

BSOD netio.sys related

Hello,

I'm struggling to solve regular BSOD issues. It feels like I'm having 3-4 BSOD crashes each time I use my laptop. I never had these issues with Windows 8.1, but they have arrived with the Windows 10 update. I've not noticed a particular event that causes these crashes, as they have occured primarily during general internet browsing, and on occasion whilst playing a Steam based computer game. The error messages I've noted are:

system thread exception not handled (netio.sys)
    (This makes up the majority of error messages)

driver IRQL not less or equal (netio.sys)
    (Occassional)

Things I believe I have tried, based on internet searches are:

Uninstall Zone Alarm Firewall
    Update drivers for Network adapters

My computer abilities are limited beyond this. Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcome.

:)

Bowiefan, Jun 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 System Crash

The error I am receiving is Driver IQRL Not Less or Equal (Netio.SYS). BSOD appears and system reboots. Please help.

DhavanBhayani, Jun 6, 2016
  3. Chris2027 Win User
    Driver_overran_stack_buffer

First BSOD I've had in Windows 10, didn't have it with 10240 but I'm running the latest official build... Not sure if that's the cause or not, as I've been running it for a few days and no issue until now.

Outside the usual ntoskrnl.exe BlueScreenView points to NETIO.sys, netr28x.sys and tcpip.sys...

Ran update driver for my wireless card, says it's got the latest drivers already... updated my Ethernet drivers, even though I don't use the Ethernet.

I've read that any time it points to the NETIO.sys it's very likely driver related, but I don't know...

I can provide the dump file, etc. if necessary.

Chris2027, Jun 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD netio.sys related

Looks like Zonealarm may be the cause.

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys[/quote] Code: Vsdatant.sys file information The process known as TrueVector Device Driver or ZoneAlarm Firewalling Driver belongs to software TrueVector Device Driver or ZoneAlarm or ZoneAlarm Pro or ZoneAlarm Anti-virus or Zone Labs Internet Security Utility or ZoneAlarm Security Suite by Zone Labs (Zone Alarm Antivirus Software | Virus Protection & Firewall) or Check Point Software Technologies LTD or Check Point Software Technologies (Industry-Leading Cyber Security Keeps Networks, Data Centers, Mobile Devices Endpoints One Step Ahead | Check Point Software).[/quote] Looks like your Zonealarm install is pretty old: imestamp: Tue Oct 22 19:54:34 2013

Please uninstall Zonealarm and use the built-in Windows Defender (it's what I use) for a while and see if thta resolves the BSOD. If stay with Windows Defender or find a different Anti-virus / Firewall program to use.

Ztruker, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

BSOD netio.sys related

1. BSOD netio.sys related - Similar Threads - BSOD netio sys

2. Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys": I've recently started having issues with this particular file. Device manager tells me everything is fine, windows is up to date, all my hard drives are in top shape. I've run image file and sfc a bazillion times and nothing seems to have gone wrong with it, I've also scanned...
  3. Netios replacing by mDSN ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netios replacing by mDSN ?: I have a customer which is using Netbios and its complain that need to be stoped, I was looking into the internet and found that Microsoft its replacing Netbios for mDNS, do you have this article ? If not able to Disable Netbios, is there any diferent replace solution ?...
  4. BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys: Hi,I've been experiencing intermittent BSOD crashes in Windows 10. The most recent one had a message relating to dxgmms2.sys, and previous crashes seem to implicate a driver/drivers being the cause of these crashes. I have run memory tests and found nothing wrong with the...
  5. How to stop blue screen netio sys errors

How to stop blue screen netio sys errors: how do you stop blue screen errors namely netio sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-blue-screen-netio-sys-errors/e49a01ce-e85b-473a-83a5-bc6993532637
  6. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  7. system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle

system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle: Hello, guys! Ive been getting BSOD for around a week and I notice it only happens if I leave the computer idle for around 10~20 minutes, it won't happen at all while I'm using it. I'm running a Z800 HP Workstation. Attached are the log files. Thank you in advance! *Smile...
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. Infrequent BSOD while gaming, latest was related to yk63x64.sys

Infrequent BSOD while gaming, latest was related to yk63x64.sys: Hi there i hope people can help, this has been an ongoing problem for about a month I've been having infrequent BSOD since moving to windows 10 the first time. I figured it was that and went back to windows 7 however I was still getting crashes while playing games. Oddly...
  10. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...
Tags: