Windows 10: BSOD NMI Hardware Failure - Intermittent Caused by Hal.dll+3957e

Discus and support BSOD NMI Hardware Failure - Intermittent Caused by Hal.dll+3957e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Keep getting BSOD with same cause intermittently. Bluescreenview says its caused by hal.dll+3957e. Attached are minidump and diag files. Thx Tom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tunnylanetom, Sep 30, 2017.

1. BSOD NMI Hardware Failure - Intermittent Caused by Hal.dll+3957e

Hi
    Keep getting BSOD with same cause intermittently. Bluescreenview says its caused by hal.dll+3957e.
    Attached are minidump and diag files.
    Thx
    Tom

:)

Tunnylanetom, Sep 30, 2017
  2. Umix3 Win User

BSoD-- NMI Hardware Failure caused by only League of Legends

Hey guys,

I've been having issues with my computer ever since I first got it, but have been reluctant to send it for warranty repair as I am afraid that my issue is slightly too trivial since it only arises upon gaming. The game in question is League of Legends, but
    I am unsure of other games since I only play 2 games (the other being CS:GO). The problem does not seem to be due to LoL, since I have reinstalled it countless times and yet the crashes still ensue. These crashes can occur in 2 ways -- one of which involves
    League going unresponsive, but the computer still continues to run albeit I am unable to close the game, leading to me requiring to force-restart via pressing the power button. The other is a direct Blue Screen, with the cause being a NMI Hardware Failure
    (will post the DMP files) linked to the core processes hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. I am currently running Windows 10, but this problem also existed in Windows 8.1, with the cause of crashes being varied then, occasionally involving hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe,
    and other times dxgkrnl.sys and watchdog.sys (I used WhoCrashed to obtain such data). These issues seem to occur randomly (and only when I am in a League game), and most often occur when I am 30-40 minutes into a game. ]

DMP Files and MSinfo:

Dmpfiles.zip

I could upload the older (Windows 8) DMP Files as well, but I'll just leave it as such for now.

Computer Specifications: (5 months old)

Dell Inspiron 5458

Windows 10 Home (Upgraded just this year)

Intel 2.4GHz i7-5500 (64-bit OS)

8.00GB RAM (upgraded upon purchase from 4GB)

Intel HD Graphics 5500

NVIDIA GeForce 920

Thanks in advance and apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Umix3, Sep 30, 2017
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    BSoD-- NMI Hardware Failure caused by only League of Legends

Check the event viewer for when the crashes take place.

If you look at the windows servicing entries and the time of windows updates

running, it may be at the same time.

Win10 home gets the automatic updates and restarts so unless

some modifications to how Wu runs it is still running this way.

I am on steam and have seen more issues running games that worked before

the latest updates in april.

It is almost as if win10 forgot how the games was set to run and I have to reconfigure it again.

The display drivers can also be overwritten on the home version so even if

you installed the intel and gforce driver the MS basic driver could be causing the issue.

kjl1956, Sep 30, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD NMI Hardware Failure - Intermittent Caused by Hal.dll+3957e

Hi Tunnylanetom,

Welcome to 10Forums *Smile

0x80 is typically a hardware error, this time likely caused by the Belkin wireless card driver.
    As it appears that the driver is over 10 years old, I find it unlikely that there are driver updates that would resolve the issue.
    If you find driver updates, from proper sources (Windows Update, the manufacturer) that resolve the issue, great news, if you don't then you would need to remove the wireless card unfortunately.

axe0, Oct 1, 2017
  5. Thx axe0. I wondered what was causing it. I'd forgotten about the Belkin. Doh!!
    I'll remove it.
    Thx again
    Tom

Tunnylanetom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD NMI Hardware Failure - Intermittent Caused by Hal.dll+3957e

1. BSOD NMI Hardware Failure - Intermittent Caused by Hal.dll+3957e - Similar Threads - BSOD NMI Hardware

2. NMI hardware failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI hardware failure: HiI have Windows 10 Home and for the last few days I have been getting blue screen with NMI hardware failure,I haven't installed anything new h/w or s/w.I have pasted the link below to the dump files I have fromC:\Windows\Minidumpdump.zipPlease can someone guide how to fix...
  3. NMI Hardware Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NMI Hardware Failure: I have just purchased this laptop. Unfortunately, I encounter the blue screen and an automatic restart. This tends to happen every time I watch something on youtube for longer that 2 to 5 minutes. I have looked at a few articles and download Restoro. Issues were found but I...
  4. NMI Hardware Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NMI Hardware Failure: I have been getting the same BSOD error message "NMI Hardware Failure" consistently for about a month now. I have updated 25 of the drivers, but this did not seem to help. I tried to update the BIOS, but the system will not allow me to do that for some reason. My laptop is...
  5. NMI HARDWARE FAILURE

NMI HARDWARE FAILURE: stop code NMI HARDWARE FAILURE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nmi-hardware-failure/134d4af8-ae0f-4427-ba24-01cf56136d8a
  6. NMI Hardware Failure ; BSoD

NMI Hardware Failure ; BSoD: I had faced many occasions this issues. but still i have no idea about it. Please Help.. Also My Bluetooth driver shown a 43 error code. Which was doesn't work after windows update. [ATTACH]...
  7. nmi hardware failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nmi hardware failure: i recently meet a nmi hardware failure problem a it keeps blue screen for every 5mins, i tried the guide on this page https://windowsreport.com/nmi_hardware_failure-windows-10/2/ and it back to blue screen after an hour, tried reset windows and still not working and i...
  8. bsod always nmi hardware failure

bsod always nmi hardware failure: 0x00000080 0x00000000004f4454, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 my laptop is lenovo ideapad l340 15irg gaming any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-always-nmi-hardware-failure/4243aace-90a6-4fb4-bc56-0baeb9716e40
  9. bsod says NMI hardware failure

bsod says NMI hardware failure: hello my laptop always restart! is says NMI hardware failure and i did not download or installed any kind of game or software! i any help plsss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/8c3d558c-2201-43e2-9477-be927ab96e97
  10. BSOD NMI hardware failure

BSOD NMI hardware failure: Hello all, I am a newbie and have been struggling with this BSOD NMI Hardware Failure problem for a few months. I run a HP Workstation on Windows 10 Pro for a couple of years with no problems. Have not added new software or hardware (that I can remembered) and then I get...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nmi Hardware failure league of legends