Windows 10: BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD)

Discus and support BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 91307 This problem occurred about two weeks ago. Computer randomly BSODs about 10 times a day and stays on 0%. Minidump Files are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TWM16, Jul 20, 2016.

1. TWM16 Win User

BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD)

Attachment 91307

This problem occurred about two weeks ago. Computer randomly BSODs about 10 times a day and stays on 0%. Minidump Files are not being created, even after adding the minidump folder to the %SystemRoot%. I have it set up the same way that was instructed on this website (Through Startup and Recovery), the only difference that I had was that the Automatic Restart was not checked(it is now but I haven't BSOD since then). I also used the registry file available through this website but haven't BSOD since then either.

I ran an sfc scannow and will give the link to the CBS file here. http://www.filedropper.com/cbs_8

Thank you very much for taking the time.

Regards

:)

TWM16, Jul 20, 2016
  2. johnptd Win User

Critical Process Died

Thanks, no problem with splitting me off. Yes there is a MEMORY.dmp file in C:\Windows. It was created in April which was the last time I received a BSOD. I also have a corresponding MiniDump for that date and time. So it usually is taking dumps on a BSOD.
    But in this case it never completed the dump. As I mentioned, the BSOD screen just stalled at 0% for the progress of taking the dump. I waited several minutes and it never went beyond 0% so I shut the system down.

JohnD

johnptd, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Frequent BSOD on Samsung ATIV Notebook 9

A few more BSODs - attached mini dump files

Link not found

Happy Xmas!

ColinElwood, Jul 20, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi TWM16,

What registry file do you mean exactly?

This is unfortunately not good news, basically a 0x124 hardware error where no record of the crash could be saved.
    This has a few causes, but I will post everything to ensure we're not missing something.
    Code: Event[7698]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2016-07-21T11:27:00.490 Event ID: 1 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: WHEA Error Event Logs User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: EFI-RIP Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event.[/quote] A 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Windows Hardware Error Architecture)
    This means that there are problems with your hardware, but this error is also caused by overclocking, faulty drivers, overheating, improper seating or BIOS problems.

BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD) [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

5. TWM16 Win User
    Thank you for your detailed and quick response! There are no overclocks on this machine. My Hard Drive is a Solid State so I will have to pass that test, I will run all of the others and post when they are all complete.

The registry file under "Option 2" for creating a dump file in Windows 10 found on this website.
    BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

TWM16, Jul 20, 2016
  6. TWM16 Win User
    I can't even seem to run a test long enough to get results as the computer crashes every 30 minutes. On Friday I was running the Stress Test for the Processor and it ran for about 3 hours before it crashed. I monitored it every 10 minutes the entire time and although I do not have pictures, every test passed.

Where do we go from here?

TWM16, Jul 24, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Tests like SeaTools, chkdsk & MemTest86+ can be used as/are DOS tests *Smile Did you run the DOS version of SeaTools and chkdsk? MemTest86+ can only be done as DOS.

8. TWM16 Win User

I have not run them, I will do that soon. For Prime95 there are 8 workers, is there a set time this should run for and when taking a screenshot of it do I need to have each worker window maximized.

According to your guide I should not run Seatools as this is a Solid State Drive, I will run the other two shortly.

TWM16, Jul 24, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Prime95 can be used infinitely if the system is stable enough, in the tutorial is described how long we would like you to run it at least.

10. axe0 New Member
    I can find most of your specs back in the zip provided, but also many not. Please fill in your system specs as best as you can.
    What I would like to know also at least:
    • Motherboard
    • Monitor
    • PSU
    • Cooling
    • Hard drive(s)
    • Sound card
    • Keyboard
    • Mouse
    • Case
    This may look like a lot, but more often than not we check the system specs through the 'My System Specs' instead of the provided zip because in the zip we have to look at different files each time and sometimes go through a few things to find the single thing that we need while in the 'My System Specs' is it in a simple overview *Smile

11. TWM16 Win User
    • Motherboard - Intel Server Board S1200V3RP
    • Monitor - Macintosh Cinema Display M8149
    • PSU - EVGA 430W ( I dont see a part number anywhere)
    • Cooling - The processor has the fan that came with it. Intel E97378-001
    • Hard drive(s) - Intel SSDSC2BW480H6
    • Sound card - None
    • Keyboard - HP Wireless KBRF1921 (Keyboard and Mouse run from same USB stick)
    • Mouse -
    • Case - Proactive S/N 101514510

The Memtest was successful without any errors. The Furmark Test was running for about 25 minutes and the computer crashed again.

Here is the chkdsk Attachment 92071Attachment 92072

TWM16, Jul 24, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please run chkdsk C: /r, it'll require unmounting what is done when you reboot, press Y when asked for it.

I do not believe that you used MemTest86+ because you need at least a day with 16GB, please run MemTest86+.

13. TWM16 Win User

Running a chkdsk now. I loaded MemTest onto a bootable drive and most definitely ran something.. It surely appeared to be checking the RAM... I'll give it another shot after the chkdsk is done.

TWM16, Jul 25, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Could you make a photo before you close the test and post this photo please.

15. TWM16 Win User
    chkdsk is done. I ran a chkdsk C: after it was complete and there are no errors. I'm running the memtest again, here is the screenshot.

TWM16, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD - No Dump Files - Hangs on 0%(In BSOD) - Similar Threads - BSOD Dump Files

2. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  3. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  4. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD dump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD dump files: Hi - if someone could help me analyze these files to figure out why I keep getting a BSOD reference by pointer error message in Windows 10 I'd appreciate it!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao3bfbYL13ljhwe1mgnjgycogs1R?e=oWYfrx...
  6. BSOD dump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD dump files: Hi - if someone could help me analyze these files to figure out why I keep getting a BSOD reference by pointer error message in Windows 10 I'd appreciate it!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao3bfbYL13ljhwe1mgnjgycogs1R?e=oWYfrx...
  7. BSOD dump files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSOD DUMP FILE

BSOD DUMP FILE: I recently reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 10 because I had been getting randong BSODs before and it did not hapen for quite a while after the reinstall but just earlier it crashed because of another bugcheck. Any help will do and here's the link for the minidup:...
  9. BSOD with Critical_Process_Died, dump creation hangs on 0%

BSOD with Critical_Process_Died, dump creation hangs on 0%: I am receiving BSOD with Critical_Process_Died. Dump is enabled, but the system hangs on 0%. My system SSD looks to be ok, sfc /scannow also doesn't find any integrity violations. Any advises where to dig next?...
  10. Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump): Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help. I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), but this problem also occurred on 8.1 and 7 (both 64-bit) with clean installations. I am also dual booting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memory dump not created 0%

2. memory dump stops at 0% on windows 10 laptop