Windows 10: BSOD normally caused by ntoskrnl.exe but sometimes different.

Discus and support BSOD normally caused by ntoskrnl.exe but sometimes different. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i have been getting bsods for months now. I have tried updating drivers, totally resetting the computer, scanning for viruses / malware i also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nadeko, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Nadeko Win User

BSOD normally caused by ntoskrnl.exe but sometimes different.

Hello, i have been getting bsods for months now.
    I have tried updating drivers, totally resetting the computer, scanning for viruses / malware i also scanned for errors on seatools for dos and it found some and fixed them and didn`t crash for 5 days so i thought i had fixed it but i just had another bsod..
    here`s the log collecter info : Attachment 121203

:)

Nadeko, Feb 14, 2017
  2. ShadowXC Win User

0x139 Bug check BSOD happening a lot.

i only know from bluescreenview that the bsods were caused by ntoskrnl.exe and sometimes random drivers.

heres the link to the skydrive containing the 32 minidumps: OneDrive

ShadowXC, Feb 14, 2017
  3. EThe coli Win User
    BSOD errors without an identifiable cause

Okay I may or may not be onto something now. Since, from what I've read, it seems that most ntoskrnl.exe BSODs are not actually caused by ntoskrnl, but by another driver that takes up the krnl's space. When ntoskrnl.exe finds it, it throws the system into
    a BSOD to prevent damage. Looking the the dump files, I found that there was a driver called hal.dll, but the crash address was different from the driver address. The crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00, the same as my above post. There is also another driver
    called dxgmms2.sys who's crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00. I'm not sure if this will help or if it means anything but I'm looking for anything at this point.

EThe coli, Feb 14, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

5. Nadeko Win User
    Attachment 121296Attachment 121293Attachment 121294Attachment 121295

Nadeko, Feb 14, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please run chkdsk again, same command.

7. axe0 New Member
    Let us know if the problem occurs again *Smile

8. Nadeko Win User

got another bluescreen this time it said driver not less or equal Attachment 121389

Nadeko, Feb 15, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    How old is the hardware?

10. Nadeko Win User
    I got the pc in 2015, not sure if it was used before me though.

Nadeko, Feb 15, 2017
  11. Nadeko Win User
    Just had another blue screen. I really hope my computer isn't totally broken and its fixable. Here is the log collector thing:Attachment 122024

Nadeko, Feb 19, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    I would suggest to try another drive, install Windows on it and see how it goes.

13. axe0 New Member

Do you have a spare hard drive or could you borrow one to install Windows on for testing?
    This is a test to confirm if my suspicious about the hard drive failing is right.

14. Nadeko Win User
    No, i don't think a spare hard drive would be possible, is there not anything else it could be? *Sad

Nadeko, Feb 21, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    I don't think so, various BSODs and these kind of event logs point to the HDD.
    Code: Event[2220]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2017-02-10T16:13:42.608 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-NLF5JQL Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.[/quote]

Thema:

1. BSOD normally caused by ntoskrnl.exe but sometimes different. - Similar Threads - BSOD normally caused

2. BSOD Win 11 ntoskrnl and sometimes others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Win 11 ntoskrnl and sometimes others: I have been getting random BSOD for over six months now. I've tried so many things, including reformatting and reinstalling windows. It still happens. I didn't even know what overclocking was so I certainly haven't done that intentionally and have no clue how to check to see...
  3. BSOD Win 11 ntoskrnl and sometimes others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Win 11 ntoskrnl and sometimes others: I have been getting random BSOD for over six months now. I've tried so many things, including reformatting and reinstalling windows. It still happens. I didn't even know what overclocking was so I certainly haven't done that intentionally and have no clue how to check to see...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  9. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
  10. BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL

BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL: Hello, I've been having an issue this past week whenever my computer restarts (seems to be from Windows Updates) I come back to a Bad Pool Header BSOD. I was able to get it stopped by uninstalling Avast and doing a Clean Boot. After about 2 hours of restarting and just adding...
Tags: