Windows 10: BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

Discus and support BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Starting about 2 month ago, I've been experiencing BSOD when trying to resume my laptop after sleep mode (moreover after closing the lid).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lilfbl, Mar 1, 2016.

1. lilfbl Win User

BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

Hello,

Starting about 2 month ago, I've been experiencing BSOD when trying to resume my laptop after sleep mode (moreover after closing the lid).
    I've tried updating the drivers, changing the power options, updating the BIOS, uninstalling Asus PowerGear, and at last running WhoCrashed to get some clues about the issue.
    The dump files are quite consistent in showing the same issue related to ntkrnlmp.exe file, but I don't know how to fix it!
    Attachment 67242
    Thanks for your help!

:)

lilfbl, Mar 1, 2016

2. Laptop won`t shutdown, Driver Power State Failure WIN10

112515-8609-01.dmp

Another dump file

ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE0019F1DF410, 0xFFFFF802AD4DD990, 0xFFFFE0019F2FBC60)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BarışAkyüz, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by "ntkrnlmp.exe"

You can use the newest driver available and install it in compatibility mode.

If your CPU worked in win 7 (or 8) it will work in win 10. It is smply the upgrading that is the problem. On the systems I have here 4 or 5 were problematic until I got annoyed enough and did a clean install. Now they are all fine

To install in compatibility mode do the following:

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...ams-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1

(works in win 7, win 8, and win 10)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

The crashes are caused by the Intel Rapid Storage drivers, ASUS doesn't provide updates for them.
    Please try following and see if that helps.
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm iaStorA start end module name fffff800`88ed0000 fffff800`8919b000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Timestamp: Sun Sep 02 03:01:24 2012 (5042AFE4) CheckSum: 000A0CD7 ImageSize: 002CB000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Mar 3, 2016
  5. lilfbl Win User
    Hi axe0

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    I have followed the steps below, except I couldn't find "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" in Programs and Features, but "Intel Rapid Start Technology" (removed anyway...) then I've uninstalled the only driver I could find under IDE ATA/ATAPI controller (chipset).
    Unfortunately BSOD returned after I closed and reopened the lid...*Sick

2 days ago I've enabled Driver Verifier and Complete Memory Dump, I got a zip of dump files about 1.71Gb, do you want me to upload it? Maybe it could help better.
    In the meantime, here you have the dump files after the last BSOD. Attachment 67679

I really need your help on this, as I use my laptop on the go with some important programs opened (unfinished work), and I can't afford losing important data... *Sad

Thanks again!

lilfbl, Mar 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I can't help you much more unfortunately, if my previous suggestion was much at all.

Either Windows or ASUS should provide driver updates, you could also check Intel for it but there is a chance that the drivers directly from Intel causes other/more problems: Driver Reference Table - iaStorA.sys

It is always recommended to regularly backup data, if I were you I would do so a.s.a.p.

axe0, Mar 4, 2016
  7. lilfbl Win User
    Hi axe0,
    This is bad news... did you check my last dump files? They report a new root cause.
    Don't you think the complete dump files could help more?

Thanks for your feedback.

lilfbl, Mar 4, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Yes and No, Yes I did check them and No they don't report a new root cause.

I am no kernel dump analyst, the data I can get from a memory dump is also available in a minidump usually.
    You can upload a memory dump, although you need a 3rd party uploader because of the size, but it won't be much more useful for me.

axe0, Mar 4, 2016
  9. lilfbl Win User
    Thanks for your feedback and your help so far BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE) :)
    I'll post a new thread then, with this title: "seeking for a kernel dump analyst" ;-)
    Have a nice day!

lilfbl, Mar 4, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Posting multiple threads for the same problem is against the rules..

Any thought about this?
    I'll mention it again, the problem is the IRST drivers which you can't update unless ASUS provide driver updates.
    You could contact ASUS about it, or check Intel for drivers.

11. lilfbl Win User
    Oh!... I wasn't aware about this rule...
    I've tried every possible updates...
    Do you think a clean reinstall of W10 could solve the issue?
    If yes, where can I find a W10 iso file?
    Or maybe desinstalling all Intel drivers, including the graphic card's?

lilfbl, Mar 4, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE) - Similar Threads - BSOD ntkrnlmp exe

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  4. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure: Win10 version is:10.0.19041 Build 19041 Had the above error 4 times. Have recently converted MBR to GPT, installed nvme drive (vertical slot) under (much needed) guidance from TenForums. Absolutely do not think any of the changes made are responsible for the BSOD; there...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  7. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  8. BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure: Hi, I realy often are getting bsod with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and can't figure out what is causing it. Hope someone could help me out. Below is an link in which i've uploaded the .dmp file and system info....
  9. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...