Windows 10: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support BSOD ntoskrnl.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys! Recently I've been repeatedly getting BSODs, of which I do not know the cause. It happens sometimes when I wake the computer from sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cabbagething, Dec 10, 2017.

1. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi guys!

Recently I've been repeatedly getting BSODs, of which I do not know the cause. It happens sometimes when I wake the computer from sleep (open the lid, screen unresponsive and remains black, and then reboots), or when I am using the computer and everything suddenly starts getting laggy and unresponsive.

Minidump files are created, DM log collector runs successfully to completion but no zip file is created, be it on the Desktop or in any other location. I've tried running it as Administrator, taking ownership of the dump file, but only a temp.txt and a _zipIt.vbs (tried running the vbs alone, but there's an error) is created.

As such, I've only attached the minidump file directly. Sorry :/

Specs: Windows 10 64bit, ASUS Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.

Thanks in advance!

:)

cabbagething, Dec 10, 2017
  2. Tom_523 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD

Likhitha,

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP ntoskrnl.exe

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ntoskrnl.exe

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED rt640x64.sys

Thanks,

Tom

Tom_523, Dec 10, 2017
  3. instaFelix, Dec 10, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hello cabbagething and welcome to TenForums *Smile

It's possible that your anti-virus package may be preventing the logfile collector from completing its operation. Try temporarily stopping your AV and see if it will then work.

Please can you fill in as many details as possible about you system in the My Computerarea of your profile.

philc43, Dec 10, 2017
  5. I have disabled both my antiviruses, but unfortunately DM log collector still fails to work. Just for additional info, running _zipIt.vbs alone gives the Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Subscript out of range, code: 800A009. I assume this script is used by the log collector.

I have also included more detailed system specs. Let me know if more is needed!

6. z3r010 Win User
    Try this log collector instead

log collector v2.zip

z3r010, Dec 10, 2017
  7. Ok, I have finally got it working *Smile

8. philc43 Win User

Unfortunately your report shows that you are using improperly activated software (probably includes MSOffice, and a bunch of others too!)
    This forum's Rules clearly state that help will not be provided to those using Non genuine software installations.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

philc43, Dec 10, 2017
  9. I have attempted to remove the piracy software on my laptop. Attached is the new report log, let me know if there are still any remnants!

10. I got another BSOD while attempting to wake the computer up from sleep. This time bug check code is 0x0000010e, caused by driver watchdog.sys, caused by address watchdog.sys+3330.

Crash address is ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0.

Besides watchdog.sys, dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2.sys+17011) Microsoft® Windows® Operating System DirectX Graphics MMS is also highlighted in red. These information are obtained from Nirsoft's BlueScreenView to analyze the minidump.

cabbagething, Dec 17, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Always post a new zip when you get a new BSOD.

Ztruker, Dec 18, 2017
  12. Ah shit, I didn't act fast enough and the two minidumps have already been automatically deleted (encountered another BSOD while using the laptop after the one caused by watchdog.sys, this one was back to ntoskrnl.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.)

Not sure if the log collector zip would still be useful, sorry *Sad

cabbagething, Dec 18, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

Why are dumps being automatically deleted or is that covered in previous posts in this thread? If so sorry, you can forget this question.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2017
  14. I think it might have to do with my rebooting of the laptop. Not sure why they were deleted otherwise.

One of the minidumps is available from the first post, but that's the only dump I've uploaded. I'll wait for another BSOD if it is needed.

cabbagething, Dec 21, 2017
  15. Ok I've got another bluescreen when waking up the computer (bluescreen doesn't actually appear, computer just goes straight to reboot).

This one's caused by watchdog.sys+333e, bug check code 0x0000010e, crashed address is ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0.

DirectX Graphics MMS (dxgmms2.sys+17011) and Watchdog Driver (watchdog.sys+333e) are highlighted in red by Nirsoft's BlueScreenView (directx is on top, watchdog is below it)

Attached is the new zip with minidump, hope I've done everything right this time!

cabbagething, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - BSOD ntoskrnl exe

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. Ntoskrnl BSOD

Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...