Windows 10: BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSoD ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had this BSoD three times while playing on a game (Squad). These all occurred randomly within games and the Error calls itself 'page fault in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yan, Mar 7, 2016.

1. YAN
    Yan Win User

BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

So I've had this BSoD three times while playing on a game (Squad). These all occurred randomly within games and the Error calls itself 'page fault in nonpaged area'. Upon checking the dmp file with BluescreenViewer it highlights the ntoskrnl.exe. Could anyone take a look at the dmp and tell me what is causing the problem and if there are any fixes?

Many thanks.

:)

2. Lots of BSOD's

PS: after my previous/last replie i had 3 more BSOD's:

seems like there are a lot of random once...

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT win32kbase.sys

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe

ntoskrnl.exe

florian de graef, Mar 7, 2016
  3. BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+142940

I had a BSOD. Bug Check String APC_INDEX_MISMATCH , cause by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+142940. Adive on the fix for this. XPS 15 9950 RUNNING Windows 10 Pro.

SanilPrakashan, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

Dump 1: hssdrv6.sys - Hotspot Shield® Routing Driver and developed by AnchorFree Inc.
    Dump 2: dxgkrnl.sys - Microsoft, something else is causing the problem
    Dump 3: FLTMGR.sys - Microsoft, something else is causing the problem
    Dump 4: EasyAntiCheat.sys - steam game
    Dump 5: EasyAntiCheat.sys - steam game

The last two are caused by the game. Try uninstalling it then reinstall.

You have a lot of Steam games. You should uninstall any you no longer use. Ditto for non-Steam games.

Noticed you are still at version 10240 which is very back level. 10586 is the current version.
    You should apply all Windows Updates and see if that helps.

Ztruker, Mar 7, 2016
  5. YAN
    Yan Win User
    Alright. I've done a full reinstall of the game that it was crashing on. Also the Windows Update keeps telling me that it's already on the latest version but I managed to download the standalone update so no problem there. Ok so after downloading the standalone installer it just told me that the update isn't applicable to my computer.

EDIT: So after messing around a bit, I used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to attempt to update my windows. Turns out it wants me to update to a different version of Windows and I can't keep any files or apps which Is something that I'm not willing to do unless the BSoD persists. Hopefully reinstalling the game fixed the problem. Nonetheless thanks for the advice Ztruker really appreciate the help *Smile

6. Ztruker Win User
    Please let me know how things go, I'm very curious.

What version are you at now? Run winver from the Run box or Command Prompt.
    Should look something like this:

Attachment 68349

Ztruker, Mar 7, 2016
  7. YAN
    Yan Win User
    This is what mine looks like
    Attachment 68359

8. Ztruker Win User

BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

So you still have not applied all Updates as it shows build 10240. That is the original RM build.

If you want, click on Start then Settings.
    Click on Update & Security then click on Check for updates.

Ztruker, Mar 8, 2016
  9. YAN
    Yan Win User
    See the thing was the yesterday when I pressed check for updates it kept on telling me it was on the latest version. I just did a quick check now and it's now downloading : Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3141032) and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3140745). So I guess it's working now? Thanks for the heads up I guess *Biggrin

10. Ztruker Win User
    We need a fingers crossed emoticon *Think

Post another winver capture when all updates are done please.

Ztruker, Mar 8, 2016
  11. YAN
    Yan Win User
    Just finished updating the PC and restarted. Ran winver and I still seem to be on the 10240 build :|
    Attachment 68396

12. axe0 New Member
  13. YAN
    Yan Win User

BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

After downloading the latest ISO I've managed to install the update. As its apparently a different build from mine I had to pretty much reset my C: drive so that messed up a lot of my apps haha *Biggrin Wellp I suppose it would only get better from here anyway. Thanks guys for the helpful advice (Especially you ztruker *Wink) I'll be marking this a solved. If I ever do get another BsoD from the EAC I'll be sure to contact the devs about it.

Many thanks,

14. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Mar 9, 2016
  15. YAN
    Yan Win User
    It says Windows is activated. The version is now 1511 and on build 10586.164.
    Attachment 68570

Thema:

BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

1. BSoD ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSoD ntoskrnl exe

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. Ntoskrnl BSOD

Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
Tags: