Windows 10: BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys

Discus and support BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I'm getting this Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD for past few days. I have attempted to remove NVIDIA driver and reinstall, but it has not helped. I have ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bluehawk1, Dec 8, 2015.

1. bluehawk1 Win User

BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys

Hi!

I'm getting this Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD for past few days. I have attempted to remove NVIDIA driver and reinstall, but it has not helped. I have ran RAM test. There were no errors. I also ran Furmark test (default settings). The temperature reached quite high (~85 C) and I aborted the test. This is when BSOD came up. I have been having strange issues because of this. It took me several tries and fiddling to repair windows 10 and after running furmark test, I got BSOD again. The laptop would freeze when I remove the battery charging adapter. This is happening lately. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 10 earlier when it was released and didn't have any issue. I wonder whether this is software related, or a hardware is failing?

My Laptop is Thinkpad T530.

:)

bluehawk1, Dec 8, 2015

2. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

Thank you very much for looking at this.

I followed the directions for uninstalling the drivers, and attempted to install new ones that I

downloaded from my motherboard maker, ASUS.
    Unfortunately, they don't provide audio drivers for anything past Win 7 64 bit, but even though I'm running Win 10, I tried them. The computer would still crash when I ran driver verifier at startup and I had
    to use a restore point.

When I checked which drivers were installed, however, it seemed to still be reverting to the original ones that initially caused the problem. So, I did some research on my own and used the Windows Show or Hide Updates program to make sure VIA wasn't auto-updating,
    but the issues persisted. So, as a last resort, I simply went to device manager and updated the audio drivers to Win 10 provided by Microsoft, but I'm still getting the driver verifier crash before the system starts. My computer is presently in this state.
    As long as I don't use driver verifier, it doesn't crash at startup, but I bet it will after normal sustained use.

The new dump files are here from the trials above. I'm curious if they're all still pointing to the audio driver, and if so/not,
    what other steps you might recommend?

BSOD Monster, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

I used the link provided and selected the option that says the BSOD occurred while using my PC. The link suggests checking for updates and disconnecting hardware. My software is already up to date, and rather than disconnecting random hardware, I was under
    the impression from that by uploading the dump files from the Driver Verifier program that from

this post
    , there might be some clues as to what specific driver is causing the crashes. Is that possible to determine?

BSOD Monster, Dec 8, 2015
  4. bluehawk1 Win User

BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys

please help!
    Any input appreciated!

bluehawk1, Dec 9, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi bluehawk1,

If you can boot into Windows, please read How to upload files and upload the zip from the posting instructions *Smile

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including stuff you use for your laptop.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys [​IMG]

BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys [​IMG]

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  6. bluehawk1 Win User
    Hi Axe0,

Thanks a lot for replying.
    I attached the zip folder, but deleted later on since it included some personal things like product keys.
    I have deleted that genuine file and uploaded the zip folder again.

bluehawk1, Dec 11, 2015
  7. NonXtreme Win User
    Try not to run furmark if not adviced. Furmark is known to fry a lot of GPUs (including the healthy one)

NonXtreme, Dec 11, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys

Only if you don't watch the temps *Wink
    Furmark is completely safe as long as one keeps a keen eye on the temps and aborts the test when the temps reach too high.

9. axe0 New Member
    Please do not delete/edit anything in the zip and upload a new zip without any edits/removals.
    There is nothing personal in the files.
    From the product key only the last few digits are present which is generic meaning you see it on every Windows installation with the same version.

10. bluehawk1 Win User
    Hi Axe, here's the untouched zip folder. Thanks for assurance.
    I haven't seen seen BSOD for last two days. I am not using google chrome browser anymore.

bluehawk1, Dec 11, 2015
  11. bluehawk1 Win User
    Got one more BSOD. I had Nvidia start up items disabled and it seemed fine. I enabled the start up items back to try to find the cause and I got BSOD. I am attaching latest dump data.

bluehawk1, Dec 12, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer Lenovo. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 53411
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`a4ce0000 fffff800`a57c8000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 23 02:15:19 2015 (55B03217) CheckSum: 00AAF49B ImageSize: 00AE8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

13. bluehawk1 Win User

BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys

Done!
    Used that tool to remove all Nvidia drivers and software and re-installed the drivers from Lenovo T530 support page.
    I installed 64 bit Nvidia drivers opted out from HD Audio, 3d vision, and nview package. Just installed display drivers.

Edit: Looks like a new update gets installed after installing Nvidia graphics driver from installation file. I think Windows update keeps forcing this update.

bluehawk1, Dec 12, 2015
  14. bluehawk1 Win User
    Bump!

Edit: I put my wireless connection in metered and it stopped downloading updates, which seems to have done the trick. The frequency of BSOD has reduced, but I still get them.

bluehawk1, Dec 17, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Bumping is against the rules!

If you get bluescreens, why don't you upload a new zip as you previously did?

Thema:

BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys

1. BSOD nvlddmmkm.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD nvlddmmkm sys

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  4. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  6. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...