Windows 10: BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

Discus and support BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop. I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fiftyfive, Jun 5, 2018.

1. fiftyfive Win User

BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

Hello,

I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop.

I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with VGA. I don't have any docking station, hence the interesting way to hook these monitors.

Every day when I switch my laptop on for the first time of the day, I get a BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR).
    I tried one day switching my laptop on without the external screens, but as soon as I plugged these back, this BSOD comes out.

What is even more strange is that it only happens once per day. When I reboot my laptop, the BSOD goes away, even if the external monitors are still plugged into my device.

Can someone help me with this mind-boggling issue?

:)

fiftyfive, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

1. BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors - Similar Threads - BSOD occuring once

2. BSOD once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD once a day: Hi, my name is Mateo and I've a BSOD on fresh boot generally once a day. I have readed a few post and I made the Driver verifier. It gives me DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. Here is the dump file, if you can read it I will appreciate a...
  3. BSOD per day

BSOD per day: 070321-8953-01.dmp - Google Drive i try to use v2 log collector,however,there is a error message in cmd : Get-MpPreference : The term 'Get-MpPreference' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup

DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup: Good Evening All,I am having a weird issue with my PC BSOD'ing at the Windows login screen only once per day -- when I first power on my PC. It doesn't seem to occur on reboots or subsequent cold boots, just once per 24 hours.The PC is new, and I have reinstalled Windows...
  5. Getting a BSOD about once per day

Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  6. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut...
  7. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I...
  8. BSOD once a day

BSOD once a day: I've been getting BSOD relating to ntoskrnl.exe, but I can't pinpoint the driver using bluescreenview. I'm running Version 2004, but I've been getting the BSOD even before the update. I've attached the last BSOD report. Thanks 160817
  9. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...
  10. Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors: Hello, I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop. I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with VGA. I don't have any docking station, hence the interesting way to hook these monitors. Every day when I switch my laptop...