Windows 10: BSOD occurring daily - how do i diagnose the issue?

Discus and support BSOD occurring daily - how do i diagnose the issue? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has all updates - running windows 10. Have been having bsod daily though each day the time it occurs gets later and later through the day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davkacorp, Dec 26, 2016.

1. davkacorp Win User

BSOD occurring daily - how do i diagnose the issue?

My computer has all updates - running windows 10. Have been having bsod daily though each day the time it occurs gets later and later through the day. am attaching the dmp file for advice if someone can figure out what the cause is. thanks

:)

davkacorp, Dec 26, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 crashing - how do I diagnose the problem?

Nathan, I am sorry I did not get back to you sooner, there is a problem on this forum, I did not get the notification that you had replied . . .

OK, another problem, the zip file you uploaded is empty, please try again and I will take a look for you . . .

DaveM121, Dec 26, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 crashing - how do I diagnose the problem?

OK, please open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\Mini Dumps

Zip up the contents of that folder and send it to the cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Post a link to that zip folder here and someone here will have a look and see if we can work out what exactly is causing your BSOD's . . .

DaveM121, Dec 26, 2016
  4. Spectrum Win User

The attached .zip is empty, please re-run the log collector.

Spectrum, Dec 27, 2016
  5. davkacorp Win User
    i have rerun the log collector per all instructions given. once again, when i open the zip file it is empty again.

any suggestions?

this is what it says after completion
    The file collector has finished.

All files have now been collected and are in a zipped folder on your desktop
    ready for you to upload to the forum.

Press any key to continue . . .

but when i check the file on my desktop it is empty. i have attempted this several times all with same result

davkacorp, Dec 27, 2016
  6. Spectrum Win User
    Do any errors occur when you attempt to run it? Have you tried running it as an administrator?

If the collector isn't working for you, the basics will be getting the minidumps and a system information report.

1. Create a folder on your desktop, ideally titled using your computer's name and the date
    2. The minidumps should be in C:\Windows\MiniDump, copy the files over to the newly created folder
    3. You can generate a system information report by launching an elevated PowerShell prompt and entering:
    Code: msinfo32 /nfo "$home\Desktop\info.nfo"[/quote] This will place info.nfo on your desktop, move it to your folder
    4. Compress the folder to a .zip and upload it here

Spectrum, Dec 27, 2016
  7. davkacorp Win User
    I ran the collector again as administrator - still getting empty files. tried your directions on powershell. did not create the file as indicated but i did a search for it on my computer.
    i am able to see something called system info. i copied it to my desktop and am attaching it as a notepad file. it seems to contain all the information on crashes with a codes imbedded (these are all towards the bottom)
    I hope this will help

davkacorp, Dec 27, 2016
  8. Spectrum Win User

Are there no dump files in "C:\Windows\MiniDump" ?

The msinfo32 command definitely works from an elevated powershell prompt, you need to tell us what errors you are running into in order for us to help.

Spectrum, Dec 28, 2016
  9. davkacorp Win User
    attached please find what i get when i copy out the dump files from c:|windows/minidump

davkacorp, Dec 28, 2016
  10. Spectrum Win User
    The crashdumps are pointing to nvstor.sys, Nvidia's storage drivers, as the problem.

From this post it appears that there are known issues with nvstor.sys and fortunately you can simply remove the nvstor drivers if you are not using them for software raid. Windows will instead use the default atapi.sys in its place.

Spectrum, Dec 28, 2016
  11. davkacorp Win User
    thank you for all your help. unfortunately, according to my IT person, if i uninstall this driver my windows may crash. apparently i have an older computer and Windows 10 automatically updated the driver (not allowing any ability to roll back to a previous update as we know) that will only work properly on a newer computer.
    so i guess i am stuck for now with the daily bsod

davkacorp, Dec 28, 2016
  12. Spectrum Win User
    Windows will install the standard atapi.sys driver instead of nvstor.sys. You can always make a restore point and rollback in safe mode if it doesn't resolve the issue.

I'm not sure how a system crash would be worse than a daily system crash.

Spectrum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD occurring daily - how do i diagnose the issue? - Similar Threads - BSOD occurring daily

2. Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.: Hi,I've been getting daily resets caused by bugchecks recently.System SSD has been scanned for issues. None found. RAM has been tested for issues. None found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80109c358bb,...
  3. Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daily Bugcheck errors. Need help diagnosing the issue.: Hi,I've been getting daily resets caused by bugchecks recently.System SSD has been scanned for issues. None found. RAM has been tested for issues. None found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80109c358bb,...
  4. BSOD issue - help to diagnose

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue - help to diagnose: I just upgraded my processor Intel i3-12100F, Asrock H610m MOBO and 16GB DDr4 3200 memory + install latest version of Windows 11. I get the BSOD sometimes out of no warning. I looked at the event viewer and there seems to be the LSA error, tried to disable it but still...
  5. Diagnosing a BSOD driver issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnosing a BSOD driver issue.: Hello,Every now and then sometimes a month apart I've been getting a seemingly random blue screen. I've error checked my SSDs, stress tested my hardware and nothing. Also, I'm not overclocking outside of a default XMP profile for my RAM. Well tonight I used the Driver...
  6. Diagnosing a BSOD driver issue.

Diagnosing a BSOD driver issue.: Hello,Every now and then sometimes a month apart I've been getting a seemingly random blue screen. I've error checked my SSDs, stress tested my hardware and nothing. Also, I'm not overclocking outside of a default XMP profile for my RAM. Well tonight I used the Driver...
  7. Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily

Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily: I have been dealing with regular BSODs with various error codes for a week now and not able to pinpoint the root cause. The only major change before this happened are as below:Swapped my primary monitor 1080p 144hz to secondary, and bought a new monitor AW2721D as the new...
  8. Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily: I have been dealing with regular BSODs with various error codes for a week now and not able to pinpoint the root cause. The only major change before this happened are as below:Swapped my primary monitor 1080p 144hz to secondary, and bought a new monitor AW2721D as the new...
  9. Help to troubleshoot BSODs occurring daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Diagnoses of BSOD Occured Yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnoses of BSOD Occured Yesterday: HI All Clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 Creators edition, received my very first ever BSOD, so making sure nothing is wrong with the system hardware or anything.. Am Running Avast Antivirus 2294, (uninstalled right now to see if occurs with Defender) so far hasn't,...