Windows 10: BSOD occurs at random times, always atikmpag.sys error

Discus and support BSOD occurs at random times, always atikmpag.sys error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this error happen before when I first built my PC but it stopped right after so I thought the problem stopped, however, now it crashes 3-4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by erikoo11, Mar 28, 2017.

1. erikoo11 Win User

BSOD occurs at random times, always atikmpag.sys error

I've had this error happen before when I first built my PC but it stopped right after so I thought the problem stopped, however, now it crashes 3-4 times a day and I don't know why. It happens at random times but It occurs mostly when sudden changes occur during a game (such as quickly going down the menu).

Specs:
    i5-6600
    Msi Rx 480
    Asus H110m-a/m.2
    8 gb 2133 Hyper x Fury Ram

:)

erikoo11, Mar 28, 2017

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

Don't run Driver Verifier unless you are having BSOD events without using it as it

can cause instability when there would otherwise be none.

BugCheck C4, {2003, ffffe0013e06eaf8, fffff800d0d30228, ffffd000b1ba8620}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
    Could not read faulting driver name

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+105c )

atikmpag.sys 3/21/2016 ATI/AMD video drivers.

If there was not a previous BSOD event after removing TT and Vipre just ignore this

one. If there was contact ATI/AMD Support, drivers, and forums. If there are no newer

drivers you may need to revert back to an older stable version.

Be sure to disable Driver Verifier until you need it again. If you have another BSOD

when DV is not running be sure to post that minidump before running DV again.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 28, 2017
  3. From time to time I am unable to SEND email from windows live mail in windows 10. It will unpredictably correct itself later. I can't live like this.

It always gives the error code 0x8007007A. Failure seems to occur at random and can last for many days.

J.StuartWarner, Mar 28, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

I would try to reinstall the graphics driver after first removing all traces of the current drivers and software.

The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the AMD website. Just install the driver and do not load the control software for now.

philc43, Mar 29, 2017
  5. erikoo11 Win User
    I've done this already and the problem still persists. I've also used heaven unigen for a stress test and it didn't crash if that helps with anything

erikoo11, Mar 30, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    The error points to a graphics card issue. The following may help:

A VIDEO_TDR_ERROR always relates to the system's graphics card (TDR = Timeout Detection Recovery). This could be down to a number of reasons including drivers, heat, power to the card, a faulty PCI-e slot or simply a defective GPU. It's in your best interests to employ common sense trouble shooting techniques in these situations.

• Try later and/or earlier drivers
    • Measure the GPU's temperatures at idle and under load
    • Ensure the GPU is free from dust build up and that the fan is working correctly
    • Reseat the GPU and check all connections are securely made
    • Check PSU voltages in BIOS
    • Try a different card in the system

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD occurs at random times, always atikmpag.sys error - Similar Threads - BSOD occurs random

2. BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times: Hi,My Lenovo T14 gen4 has recently started crashing on me repeatedly. I'm not sure of what to do. Every time it crashes I keep getting random errors. I ran sfc /scannow test and it came back with no errors. I haven't added any new drivers nor upgraded any hardware recently....
  3. BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times: Hi,My Lenovo T14 gen4 has recently started crashing on me repeatedly. I'm not sure of what to do. Every time it crashes I keep getting random errors. I ran sfc /scannow test and it came back with no errors. I haven't added any new drivers nor upgraded any hardware recently....
  4. Random BSOD occurring

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD occurring: Hi I am facing random BSOD at random time. Some tine I one my pc and BSOD occurs and sometimes after opening an app. The most common BSOD I get is MEMORY_MANGEMENT. So I checked my RAM with Windows Memory diagnostic tool but it is saying that my RAM is good. So I have...
  5. randomly BSOD occurs, HALL.dll error

randomly BSOD occurs, HALL.dll error: Goodday all, One of our Windows 10 users is getting a BSOD regularly (like once a week), I checked it out with Bluescreenview and it shows that the HALL.DLL is giving the bluescreen error. After today's BSOD, I tried to do sfc.exe /scannow and when it reached 100%...
  6. BSOD occurs randomly

BSOD occurs randomly: Hi, I have BSODs occuring randomly, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes nothing for a week. The BSOD says MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR. I updated all the drivers to no avail. 63002
  7. Random BSOD occurred three times

Random BSOD occurred three times: Hi, On three occasions, my laptop has crashed displaying the blue screen. If I recall correctly, the blue screens occured while I was either browsing the web or reading a PDF.. Thank you! 35774
  8. BSOD randomly occurs

BSOD randomly occurs: I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down. 22402
  9. kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times

kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times: Recently, while playing a game (Heroes of the Storm), I have encountered a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD, so I sent the computer to a lab to run some stress tests - according to them nothing was detected and the issue did not repeat. By their advice, I have installed...
  10. BSOD @ random times, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, L1C63x64.sys

BSOD @ random times, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, L1C63x64.sys: It's not always L1C63x64.sys, it has also shown NETIO.SYS but only once. I have not seen consistency in activity during crashes, it's happened idling, downloading, playing a game. I've seen errors with this driver linked to the Atheros driver or a VPN (I have both a work...
Tags: