Windows 10: BSOD occurs at random times, possibly caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

Discus and support BSOD occurs at random times, possibly caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My memory dump is quite large, around 500 mb, so I cannot attach it here. I have compressed it into a .zip file and uploaded it to Dropbox.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by warpedwizard, Jul 17, 2017.

1. BSOD occurs at random times, possibly caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

My memory dump is quite large, around 500 mb, so I cannot attach it here. I have compressed it into a .zip file and uploaded it to Dropbox.

[Removed, see later post]

I'll try and be as helpful as I can. The BSODs seem to happen at any time really, but most often during games such as Dragon Age: Inquisition and Rocket League, but not exclusively on those as I have had them whilst simply using Chrome.

I have been having them for a while so I decided to reinstall my Windows 10 to see if it helped. It did not, even after all my personal files were removed.

Thanks in advance. *Smile

EDIT: Forgot to mention error message of FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)

:)

warpedwizard, Jul 17, 2017

2. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Hi there,

I have recently bought a new Gigabyte P15f v7 laptop (specs found at P15F v7 | Laptop - GIGABYTE Global).

I upgraded it with another 8GB of Kingston KVR24S17S8/8 memory and a Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD.

I have been having multiple BSODs at mostly random times. Some seemed to occur around the time I would disconnect from my WiFi connection in order to reconnect. I was doing this because I would suddenly loose internet connection on my home WiFi (this wasn't
    happening on other connected devices). This led me to believe it was a WiFi related issue, however after updating the WiFi drivers (and others like chipset, bluetooth, IDE ATA/ATAPI and graphics etc...) I am still experiencing the BSODs.

I used WinDbg to try find the issue. Most of the time the driver causing the crash is ntkrnlmp.exe and I often get a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION code on the BSOD screen. I did notice for one dump file in WinDbg that avgntflt.sys caused the crash. After uninstalling
    Avira antivirus I have not received this problem again, but the ntkrnlmp.exe problems still occur.

I have now used verifier to try identify the problem. I receive a BSOD right after boot before Windows login screen. WinDbg again identifies ntkrnlmp.exe as the cause. I have uploaded this most recent dump created with verifier on here:

050917-3921-01.zip

Please help me! Thanks in advance

Drew Behrens, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Random BSoD on Win10 caused by ntoskrnl.exe or ntkrnlmp.exe

Happy to help

Driver verified and related to your ATI video driver

Completely remove the current driver (or software) and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 17, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD occurs at random times, possibly caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

5. Attachment 144493

Oops, sorry. Here is my file.

warpedwizard, Jul 17, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    BSOD occurs at random times, possibly caused by ntkrnlmp.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD occurs at random times, possibly caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

1. BSOD occurs at random times, possibly caused by ntkrnlmp.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD occurs random

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  4. BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times

BSOD windows 11 with random erorrs occuring at random times: Hi,My Lenovo T14 gen4 has recently started crashing on me repeatedly. I'm not sure of what to do. Every time it crashes I keep getting random errors. I ran sfc /scannow test and it came back with no errors. I haven't added any new drivers nor upgraded any hardware recently....
  5. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times: Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having random BSODs. Already tried sfc scannow and chdsk f with no errors. I ran memtest aswell a few weeks ago but even after multiple hours of testing it gave me no errors. I've also tried to analize dump files with bsodviewer,...
  6. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times: Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having random BSODs. Already tried sfc scannow and chdsk f with no errors. I ran memtest aswell a few weeks ago but even after multiple hours of testing it gave me no errors. I've also tried to analize dump files with bsodviewer,...
  7. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

8. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  9. Random BSOD occurred three times

Random BSOD occurred three times: Hi, On three occasions, my laptop has crashed displaying the blue screen. If I recall correctly, the blue screens occured while I was either browsing the web or reading a PDF.. Thank you! 35774
  10. kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times

kernel_security_check BSOD occur repeatdly in random times: Recently, while playing a game (Heroes of the Storm), I have encountered a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD, so I sent the computer to a lab to run some stress tests - according to them nothing was detected and the issue did not repeat. By their advice, I have installed...
Tags: