Windows 10: BSOD off clean install of Win10

Discus and support BSOD off clean install of Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing windows 10, I am unable to get past the option select screen for timezone/keyboard languages and such without a critical process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MoK, Sep 12, 2015.

1. MOK
    MoK Win User

BSOD off clean install of Win10

After installing windows 10, I am unable to get past the option select screen for timezone/keyboard languages and such without a critical process failure/bsod. Often times I will not even get that far, and it will simply crash the moment it boots. I have already attempted uninstalling and reinstalling, but this has had no effect, and the problem persists.

:)

2. Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD, but clean install works.

I have a custom built PC with a genuine Windows 8 Install/CD/Key. I have recieved the notification that Windows 10 is ready to install. While performing the install (usually when "copying
    files" is around 85-ish%), I get a BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT). After the BSOD, Windows restores me back to my Win8 install with an error about SAFE_OS phase or something.

Anyways, I have also created a bootable Win10 installer USB using the Media Recovery tool. and successfully installed Windows 10 from scratch. But now I don't have a Win10 CD Key to
    properly activate.

I have also tried upgrading to Win10 via the USB using the "Keep Nothing" option. BSOD still occurs during the "Copying files" phase.

So now I'm at a catch 22. To obtain a legit Windows 10 license, I need to upgrade from Win8 to Win10, but doing so causes BSOD and upgrade to fail. And if I clean install, I don't
    get assigned a Win10 CD key.

Is there any way to acquire my free Win10 Upgrade Key so I can activate?

Thanks in advance

TheHozOpp1, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Clean install of Win10

Hello Austin,

In addition to what Mike posted, you should see the same screenshots in the tutorial below when doing a clean install.

Clean Install Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Shiekh Win User

Of the 4 PCs I updated to Windows 10, one started experiencing the BSOD, even though it was stable on Windows 7. After swapping out the power supply and RAM, to no effect, I finally put some silicone oil on the CPU pins; has been rock solid ever since...

Shiekh, Sep 12, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi MoK,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please read How to upload files

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD off clean install of Win10 - Similar Threads - BSOD off clean

2. Win10 BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe" Kernel File "Clean/Bare" Install win32kbase.sys,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe" Kernel File "Clean/Bare" Install win32kbase.sys,...: Thanks for giving my help-thread a read. I'm really hoping someone more knowledgeable of the Windows ecosphere can help me out here. I had been experiencing a BSOD of various different bug check codes quite often to the point that I restored my machine ASUS TUF A15 laptop....
  3. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  4. How to get a clean install of Win10

How to get a clean install of Win10: Hello, I have a Lenovo notebook that's running slowly due to a monitor driver situation. I ran reset from Win10 settings which didn't help. Then I used Win media tool to make a boot usb and reloaded Win10. This didn't work either. Neither one even removed the desktop...
  5. BSOD - Clean install of Win10 on new NVME on Acer A515-51g

BSOD - Clean install of Win10 on new NVME on Acer A515-51g: I've re-installed Win10 on my Acer Aspire A515-51g as I put a new 1TB NVME SSD in it and the clone process had errors - so just wiped it all and started again. Have installed all the manufacturers drivers from their website and used several commonly available free driver...
  6. oobe error at win10 clean install

oobe error at win10 clean install: hello i am working on a old pc and get an weird error ik do a clean install with an original downloaded windows 10 iso so not cracket ore unattende bur original ik have to do a 32 bit install because it is a dell dual core p4 2.8 ghz and at 64 bits install it reports cannot...
  7. BSOD on Win10 installation

BSOD on Win10 installation: Hi, I built a new PC, and I'm having issues getting Windows 10 installed. It goes like this: PC Boots and loads through BIOS fine with no issues PC boots to a USB with windows 10 installation media and loads winPE fine I can usually make it through partitioning the hard...
  8. Can’t boot clean install of Win10

Can’t boot clean install of Win10: i have a dual boot setup and was not able to complete updates on one of the os’s so decided to do a clean install of it with the new update. Used a dvd install after downloading the iso file from MS, the install finished and i was able to get through the initia setup of the...
  9. BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs: Getting BSOD on Win7, Win10 both while gaming. replaced graphics card (twice) 2 different cards. ntoskrnl.exe was one I recall. Maybe causing memory corruption now. Typically only occurs using ArchAge Game. reinstalled game a few times as well. reinstalled windows 7 4 times,...
  10. Clean install Win10 with Update?

Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...