Windows 10: BSOD (often after firefox crashes)

Discus and support BSOD (often after firefox crashes) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had a range of BSOD's everything from memory management, kernel security check faliure, PFN list corrupt, and faulty hardware corrupted page!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wolf8312, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Wolf8312 Win User

BSOD (often after firefox crashes)

I have had a range of BSOD's everything from memory management, kernel security check faliure, PFN list corrupt, and faulty hardware corrupted page!

Window reliability test registers a harware error.

I've tried updating nvidia drivers, and used driver booster to update 16 out of date drivers to no avail, the BSOD still occur. I've reset windows and run troubleshooters, and used various windows repair tools, and dont really know what else to do.

Interestingly I can often know when a BSOD is coming as firefox always seems to crash first! My solution, delete firefox haha! But I know that thats just silly!

Any help would be really appreciated as I am starting to consider a new MB and starting over

Took it to a repair shop today and they couldnt find anything though they may have needed more time which I couldnt really give because I had work to do on the computer itself.

These BSOD's death occur sometimes more than once in a day but often only a few times a week or have even gone a week or so without occuring at all!

Many thanks!

:)

Wolf8312, Jan 7, 2018
  2. An808 Win User

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled(nvlddmkm.sys) error code and BSOD on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Windows,

The same BSOD issue is occurring quite often on my Aus G75V.

After reboot, my Laptop seems to run normally again... until it crashes again with the same BSOD.

You can find the crash dump at OneDrive 012017-8609-01.dmp.

Please give us some clues on what happened...

Regards.

An808, Jan 7, 2018
  3. dire-x Win User
    BSOD: driver irql_less_or_not_equal

I've been getting the occasional BSOD for a while now and finally fed up enough to do something about it. It varies what the BSOD says the cause is but the one I can remember is driver irql_less_or_not_equal. So I went and did the driver verifier and got
    some minidumps. Couldn't even boot into windows with driver verifier on. Crashes seem to happen most often when I'm playing Overwatch (and no other games) and while watching videos on Youtube (Firefox)

Minidump

MS Info

dire-x, Jan 7, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

There are hundreds of Windows Error Reports in the msinfo32.nfo data like the following:
    Code: 08/01/2018 13:04 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket LKD_0x144_USBHUB3_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE_UsbHub3!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_0000_DEV_0000_REV_0000, type 0 Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Response: NïS(u Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 144 P2: 3003 P3: ffff880ad27fc808 P4: 4001001a P5: 0 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\USBHUB3\USBHUB3-20180106-0038.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-17296-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E4E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E50.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E61.tmp.txt \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER794A.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_144_29b0366ad631765187a70db82e339b09b5869d8_00000000_cab_1fa44e5e Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 49954523-a392-4e7c-8806-3c1062b916ef Report Status: 388 Hashed bucket:[/quote] I don't know what USBHUB3 is but it seems to have some kind of problem. What do you have plugged into your USB ports, if anything?

Also, 14 Blue screen events were noted but only 1 dump was in the zip file. Are you using a drive cleaning program like CCleaner? If so, please stop using it until this problem is resolved as it is deleting the dump files we need.

The log files are in a foreign language and cannot be scanned or read.
    Please use English as the default language and post a new zip so that the files can be read completely, thanks.
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2018
  5. Wolf8312 Win User
    I don't know what USBHUB3 is but it seems to have some kind of problem. What do you have plugged into your USB ports, if anything?

Also, 14 Blue screen events were noted but only 1 dump was in the zip file. Are you using a drive cleaning program like CCleaner? If so, please stop using it until this problem is resolved as it is deleting the dump files we need.

The log files are in a foreign language and cannot be scanned or read.
    Please use English as the default language and post a new zip so that the files can be read completely, thanks.
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials [/quote] I think thats my broken USB port which I had removed yesterday. I will try to change the language though I could have sword English was my computers primary language though reading the logs I can see some chinese is mingled up with the english which is annoying and I hope I am able to rectify that. Not using anything like CC cleaner though its possible my virus scanner is a touch overzealous so I will disable in the meantime and get back to you with the new log. Thanks very much!

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
  6. Wolf8312 Win User
    Lots of problems
    I cant update windows
    I cant download windows language packs
    I set langauge to English as defualt, but there is still some chinese coming through- if it helps when it says:- response- 不可用 - that means 'cannot use.'
    Memory dumps dont seem to be there and the scan doesent pick them up, though no idea why they're not there. Could it be virus software? I checked windows settings and the computer should be writting logs...

I'm an expat living in China so my PC is in English, and it shouldnt be logging in chinese (although I do use chinese input with a seperate language pack). I kind of suspect even with the language pack, it would still be intermingling both languages somehow.
    Gah try to take steps to fix a problem and 5 new ones pop up!

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

The logs are in a foreign language so it limits the troubleshooting.
    Please translate each of these:
    ÎÞ·¨´Ó¸ÃÍêÕûת´¢ÎļþÉú³ÉÒ»¸öСÐÍת´¢Îļþ¡£
    ¹ÊÕÏת´¢³õʼ»¯Î´³É¹¦
    Windows ÎÞ·¨¿ìËÙÆô¶¯£¬´íÎó״̬Ϊ 0xC00000D4¡£
    ´«ºôÆÚ¼äÔÚÉ豸 \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 Éϼì²âµ½Ò»¸ö´íÎó¡£

Are the computer files backed up?
    Has a backup image been made?
    Are you able to perform a clean install and use English as the default language so that the computer can be troubleshooted? Clean install is likely to fix misbehaving software and hardware drivers. It would then be easier to see if there are any hardware problems with logs that can be scanned and read.

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) Turn off windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

7) How To Fill Out Your System Specs How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

8) Run HDTune:
    HD Tune website
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

8) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 16 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

zbook, Jan 8, 2018
  8. Wolf8312 Win User

I'll have a look at your reply in detail now but just so you know that which you posted above is not a foreign language its the same machine gibberish that I am getting. I tried downloading the english packs directly but they failed! The logs are recording its just total gibberish. Maybe because whatever is reponsible for writing them is also corrupted I dont know! Yeah I think I will try a clean install first because last time I merely did a system reset.

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

You can try an in place upgrade repair first.
    However don't expect it to fix the underlying problem as I suspect it is in the registry or at a deeper level than what the in place upgrade repair can fix. It has very little if any downside. but if it fixes the problem then a lot of upside.
    Multiple times in the last few months I've seen this problem with Chinese, and Korean languages.
    First make a backup image and save the backup image to another drive or to the cloud:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    Then create a windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    These are links with texts and images:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Jan 8, 2018
  10. Wolf8312 Win User
    Hey heres the log you requested. Some of the downloads like macrium failed on installation I just dont know whats going on, I tried to download the language packs directly as well, but they also failed without explantion.

But anyway for what its worth I already tried a system reset (keeping my files) but the problem still persisted. I have backed up important photos and files to USB so its not like I will be losing much... will a clean installation (delete files) make any difference compared to a system reset (keep files)? Any way thanks!

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
  11. Wolf8312 Win User
    Heres the DISM log says the configuration registry database is corrupt!

SFC scan now said- 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation' I will google it and see how to get round it maybe try from the bios

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
  12. Wolf8312 Win User
    800 reparse records processed.
    703496 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    800 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    46853 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    35175408 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

243380461 KB total disk space.
    139025624 KB in 215143 files.
    225668 KB in 46854 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    720525 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    103408644 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    60845115 total allocation units on disk.
    25852161 allocation units available on disk.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
  13. Wolf8312 Win User

I'll post error scan screen shot when it finishes, but will do memtest overnight...

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    A reset with remove files is similar to clean install.

The bugchecks were:
    1A
    4E
    12B

The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bug check has a value of 0x0000001A. This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred
    The KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE bug check has a value of 0x00000139. This bug check indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bug check has a value of 0x0000004E. This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
    The FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE bug check has a value of 0x0000012B. This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.

The 12B bugcheck is often seen with RAM problems.
    If there are any errors when using Memtest86+ version 5.01 that is a fail.
    Then remove all RAM modules except 1 and test each RAM module in the same DIMM for 8 or more passes.

Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section (links in post #5 step #7) and please open the website for the computer's drivers and bios and post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.

zbook, Jan 8, 2018
  15. Wolf8312 Win User
    I’ve started the mem test pic is attached. Call me crazy but isn’t red bad? I think I heard when things are okay it should be green no? Well I hope so I’d rather it be bad and just finally know what the problem is!

Wolf8312, Jan 8, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD (often after firefox crashes) - Similar Threads - BSOD often firefox

2. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  3. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  4. Often Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows BSOD Often, Apps crashing

Windows BSOD Often, Apps crashing: I'm working on a PC right now that has been having issues for a while now where it will randomly blue screen with various different error codes. Recent ones were "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE".When it isn't a BSOD, it's either a game or some other...
  6. Windows BSOD Often, Apps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Often, Apps crashing: I'm working on a PC right now that has been having issues for a while now where it will randomly blue screen with various different error codes. Recent ones were "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE".When it isn't a BSOD, it's either a game or some other...
  7. Windows BSOD Often, Apps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. ndu.sys bsod crashing often

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ndu.sys bsod crashing often: I've been getting lots of bsods involving ndu.sys I can use some help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ndusys-bsod-crashing-often/0cf3871e-d1d9-482b-83d2-1fe8f0c489af
  9. PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming

PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming: Basically what the title says, usually the BSOD error is shown as either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and often SSD won't be detected upon reboot. This has been going on for months by now and I still...
  10. BSOD laptop crashing so often

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD laptop crashing so often: Hi, I am running into a problem with my 1 year old DELL Laptop XPS 15 9560 where it is crashing everyday atleast once. This is the last minidump file I got: Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis...