Windows 10: BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power 0x000000d1

Discus and support BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power 0x000000d1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two days after upgrading to Windows 10 my computer Blue Screens a bunch. I have tried removing the AMD video driver and redoing them as suggested. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dernageler, Aug 12, 2015.

1. BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power 0x000000d1

Two days after upgrading to Windows 10 my computer Blue Screens a bunch. I have tried removing the AMD video driver and redoing them as suggested. I have also done a clean boot with everything turned off to no avail.

It especially blue screens when trying to install AMD catylyst software.

Thanks for any help.

:)

dernageler, Aug 12, 2015
  2. H.&.M Win User

Windows 10 keeps restarting after a few mins. kernel-power 41

New power plan didnt work for me. ONly get this message kernal power in windows 10 not 7

H.&.M, Aug 12, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows 10 - BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (DbgMsg.sys)

The error is definitely caused by the DbgMsg.sys and the date of the DbgMsg.sys appears to be from 2001.

I would recommend to disable this driver from starting.

Can you check if the following registry key exists:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DbgMsg

The DbgMsg.sys is referenced in the following link causing similar error:

BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power Solved - Windows 10 Forums

The DbgMsg.sys appears to be causing
    mscorsvw.exe
    to crash and may also be conflicting with the AMD graphic driver.

The DbgMsg.sys is an old driver and may have been packaged with another software program.

auggy, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power 0x000000d1

Two things being highlighted here, the first being Compuware DriverStudio. Looking at the driver for that it's from 2001, whatever it is get rid of it. I can't find any details on it.

Second is Kaspersky. You have both Kaspersky and McAfee installed, having two AVs is asking for trouble. Uninstall them both using the tools linked at the end of this post and use native Defender coupled with MalwareBytes.

BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power  0x000000d1 [​IMG]
    Note Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Code: BugCheck D1, {2a2a2a2a, ff, 0, a7c60e46} Unable to load image \??\C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DbgMsg.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for DbgMsg.sys Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\kl1.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kl1.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kl1.sys Probably caused by : DbgMsg.sys ( DbgMsg+e46 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 3: kd> lmvm DbgMsg start end module name a7c60000 a7c63b40 DbgMsg (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: DbgMsg.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DbgMsg.sys Image name: DbgMsg.sys Timestamp: Wed Nov 07 10:38:51 2001 (3BE90F3B) CheckSum: 0000BB58 ImageSize: 00003B40 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Kaspersky Uninstaller

McAfee Uninstaller

Boozad, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply. Still working on things.

Did this to no avail. I have started in clean mode and disabled everything and it stays up. I am not reenabling services bit by bit.

dernageler, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Finally got that stupid driver listed above out. It appears to be the last cause of the reboot death cycle.

Thanks for your help!

Der Nageler

dernageler, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    Glad to hear all seems good. Thanks for letting us know. *Thumbs

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power 0x000000d1

1. BSOD often after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Kernal-Power 0x000000d1 - Similar Threads - BSOD often upgrade

2. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernal-Power: I have been getting this error for a couple days after I installed a HDD drive and I took it back out but still is having this issue, I believe there are more errors as well and will link the Minidump files. Please help I have absolutely no idea what to do.Log Name: System...
  3. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernal-Power: I have been getting this error for a couple days after I installed a HDD drive and I took it back out but still is having this issue, I believe there are more errors as well and will link the Minidump files. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:...
  4. Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Today I upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7. I did this many times without issues, but this time it's not perfect. I have periodic BSoD since the upgrade - I didn't have any before the upgrade, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I already tried upgrading the video card...
  5. BSOD error 0x000000d1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD error 0x000000d1: My PC has been having issues with various Bluescreen crashes. The latest of which casued by: 0x000000d1 0x00000000000033a0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8071f9eed9e. Not sure if related but crashes have also been caused by: 0x00000101...
  6. BSOD Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: My machine keeps crashing randomly (between 5 to 30 minutes). I upgraded my Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (No clean install). I found that AMD Overdrive causes problems in th Event Viewer, So I removed it, and unchecked it in Catalyst Control Center. In regedit I...
  7. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  8. After Upgrade from Windows 7 Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Upgrade from Windows 7 Frequent BSOD: Good Morning, After an upgrade from Windows 7 we're experiencing 7-10 BSOD weekly. I don't see a way to attach the .DMP file so below is the output from Windbg. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.132 AMD64...
  9. BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7

BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7: After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro i get various BSOD on boot. usually i need 2-4 attempts to boot into login mask. very rarely i have a BSOD some seconds after login. power on after sleep or hibernate works well, so this problem occurs after windows updates. within windows 7...
  10. BSOD and freezing after upgrade from 7

BSOD and freezing after upgrade from 7: Never once had a blue screen or crash in the years I ran 7, which is pretty surprising given the stress I've put this thing under. After upgrading, my system's locking up constantly and I got my first BSOD last night. Could someone please look through the dmp for me? Looks...
Tags: