Windows 10: BSOD often on startup with differing errors

Discus and support BSOD often on startup with differing errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, When starting my PC up it often yields a BSOD, which automatically restarts the PC and then enters windows fine. I have had no other BSOD apart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by razthar, Nov 13, 2015.

1. razthar Win User

BSOD often on startup with differing errors

Hi,

When starting my PC up it often yields a BSOD, which automatically restarts the PC and then enters windows fine. I have had no other BSOD apart from when booting up my PC.

The errors also differ greatly, such as:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    KERNEL_SECURITY_FAILURE (FLTMGR.sys)

I'm pretty sure there are more variants, that I just havn't seen or can remember.

Here are the system DMP files and such:
    Attachment 48045

Hope you can help me

Best regards

:)

razthar, Nov 13, 2015
  2. BrewerJoe Win User

OK, I'm stumped and out of ideas (Win10 crashing)

Yes, I have previously investigated updating the BIOS, but I seem to already be running the most recent version (v5.43).

As for errors, I don't often get to the point of attempting the install before my PC BSODs. And more often than not the BSOD is the scrambled version that is in the pic at the link I previously provided in this thread, so it is unreadable. When I do occasionally
    get a readable error, it varies. Often it is the IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal or Memory Management BSOD.

Twice tonight I made it to the install portion and it freezes, at different points in the install, without providing an error.

Also, I have disconnected my 2nd 3TB HDD just to remove that from the list of potential culprits.

I'm now manually doing a 'long format' on the volume using diskpart, outside of the Win10 install process, to see if that gets me anywhere. Looks like it's going to take a while...

BrewerJoe, Nov 13, 2015
  3. How to delete Hauppauge drivers? (hcw88aud.sys and such) (causing BSODs)

I disabled the AMD high definition audio device and the BSODs changed structure. Now it freezes more than bsods, but less often.

Also, memory_management just occurred, parameters

00000000`00000403

fffff680`000536e0

c8500000`9c578847

fffff680`000c2138

According to microsofts website, this was caused by "The page table and PFNs are out of sync . This is probably a hardware error, especially if parameters 3 & 4 differ by only a single bit."

I don't know if they can still differ by just a bit even if they look that different, but I think I'm coming closer to fixing this.

Robin Shekleton, Nov 13, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi razthar,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I suggest you test your hard drives

BSOD often on startup with differing errors [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-how-use.html

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...isk-check.html

Run HDTune to scan for errors, health and benchmark.
    Let me know what the results are, prefered screenshots.
    Code: 0: kd> k Child-SP RetAddr Call Site ffffd000`22fcf2e8 fffff802`a181dbd5 nt!KeBugCheckEx ffffd000`22fcf2f0 fffff802`a16a2c36 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x3dad5 ffffd000`22fcf3e0 fffff802`a17da5bd nt!MmAccessFault+0x696 ffffd000`22fcf530 fffff802`a1c8a35a nt!KiPageFault+0x13d ffffd000`22fcf6c0 fffff800`1dccc7be nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x53aaa ffffd000`22fcf720 fffff800`1dccc3d6 NTFS!NtfsDeleteScb+0x36e ffffd000`22fcf7c0 fffff800`1dc1c343 NTFS!NtfsRemoveScb+0xa6 ffffd000`22fcf810 fffff800`1dccc11f NTFS!NtfsPrepareFcbForRemoval+0x63 ffffd000`22fcf850 fffff800`1dc1d170 NTFS!NtfsTeardownStructures+0x8f ffffd000`22fcf8d0 fffff800`1dcce191 NTFS!NtfsDecrementCloseCounts+0xd0 ffffd000`22fcf910 fffff800`1dccb612 NTFS!NtfsCommonClose+0x401 ffffd000`22fcf9e0 fffff802`a16fbdd9 NTFS!NtfsFspCloseInternal+0x1a6 ffffd000`22fcfb70 fffff802`a1769758 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xe9 ffffd000`22fcfc00 fffff802`a17d65b6 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x58 ffffd000`22fcfc60 00000000`00000000 nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16[/quote]

5. razthar Win User
    Thank you *Smile

I have run the Seatools for windows on my SATA HDD (not my SSD) and it returned a FAIL this morning. "6C9AC2A4", which translates to "Serial number not detected, SeaTools did fail the drive" on the Seatools website.

Attachment 48715

I will try running some more of the tests when I get back from work today also, just to make sure.

razthar, Nov 16, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please only run the short generic and long generic tests for now.

7. razthar Win User
    Ran the Short gen and it seems to have come back as PASSED.
    I am running the long gen right now. Will update as soon as the results are in.

Attachment 48790

razthar, Nov 16, 2015
  8. razthar Win User

Aaand here is the results for the Long gen test. Also PASSED.

Attachment 48794

I guess i'll start running the chkdsk now.

razthar, Nov 16, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Don't forget to also run 2 other tests with SeaTools
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • S.M.A.R.T. Check

10. razthar Win User
    chkdsk did not find and errors for either drive.

continuing to HDTune

razthar, Nov 16, 2015
  11. razthar Win User
    I only get these test options for my SSD should I still test these?

razthar, Nov 16, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please restart SeaTools and check if the tests are available for the HDD.
    They should be there.

13. razthar Win User

They don't show up for my Sata HDD only for the SSD

Attachment 48801
    Attachment 48802

razthar, Nov 16, 2015
  14. razthar Win User
    edit: didn't see it went to page 2 ..

razthar, Nov 16, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Alright, we'll look into that later.
    For now, just run/finish the other scans/tests.

Thema:

1. BSOD often on startup with differing errors - Similar Threads - BSOD often startup

2. BSOD with different errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with different errors.: Hello there, I've been having constant BSOD for months now and I have tried reinstalling windows, changing RAM, and changing motherboard with no effect.The crashes seem to stop when I am runnning or in my case, a higher demanding game like: Deep Rock Galactic or Warframe.I...
  3. BSOD with different errors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with different errors.: Hello there, I've been having constant BSOD for months now and I have tried reinstalling windows, changing RAM, and changing motherboard with no effect.The crashes seem to stop when I am runnning or in my case, a higher demanding game like: Deep Rock Galactic or Warframe.I...
  4. Lots of different BSOD errors occurring minutes after startup.

Lots of different BSOD errors occurring minutes after startup.: It usually takes less than 5-10 minutes to run into a BSOD error. This just started happening tonight.Drivers are all up to date. I ran an SFC /scan now that corrected some corrupt files but the issue still persisted.The BSOD error messages are always different but most...
  5. Lots of different BSOD errors occurring minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of different BSOD errors occurring minutes after startup.: It usually takes less than 5-10 minutes to run into a BSOD error. This just started happening tonight.Drivers are all up to date. I ran an SFC /scan now that corrected some corrupt files but the issue still persisted.The BSOD error messages are always different but most...
  6. Lots of different BSOD errors occurring minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Different BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different BSOD Errors: I've had this problem for a while now. It initially started due to the M.2 SSD that I transferred from my old PC, and I thought that was the cause, Recently I've purchased and put a new SSD in my system and completely started from scratch and I am once again facing these...
  8. PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages: After not turning on my PC for a couple hours, and switching it on for the first time, most of the time I get a BSOD with something along the lines of "Critical process failed" or "Kernel security check".Here are the Minidumps:...
  9. PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages: After not turning on my PC for a couple hours, and switching it on for the first time, most of the time I get a BSOD with something along the lines of "Critical process failed" or "Kernel security check".Here are the Minidumps:...
  10. PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages