Windows 10: BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter?

Discus and support BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, I'm getting BSOD on a random basis. Sometimes, it happens while working on a Word document, sometimes while browsing the web etc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by amir77a, Mar 1, 2017.

1. amir77a Win User

BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter?

Hi,

Recently, I'm getting BSOD on a random basis. Sometimes, it happens while working on a Word document, sometimes while browsing the web etc.

I was trying to figure out the problem with the "who crashed" tool.
    It recognized problem with tcpip.sys ; e1c65x64.sys (Intel Gigabit network adapter) and sometimes with ntoskrnl.exe.

I've updated the network adapter to the most recent available drivers from Intel, but I'm getting that BSOD 2-3 times a day.

Any help would be very appreciated.
    Amir.

:)

amir77a, Mar 1, 2017

2. BSOD with BAD_POOL_HEADER appears on a random basis every few weeks on W10 64 machine

Hi there, yes I forgot that Malware did an update yesterday as well. Bummer! I'm not using the freebie version of Malware, so am bit loathe to turn it off as it has so far, along with Bit Defender, kept me clean from internet nasties. However, I will turn
    off Rapport, and see if that has an effect. If I still get this, I'll turn off Malware and send them the issue.

Thanks very much for your help.

Malfunctionh, Mar 1, 2017
  3. BSOD with BAD_POOL_HEADER appears on a random basis every few weeks on W10 64 machine

OK, suffered another BSOD crash, so have now taken Malwarebyte off line. Since then, the system has been stable, so I will take this up with them.

Thanks once again.

Malfunctionh, Mar 1, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

axe0, Mar 1, 2017
  5. amir77a Win User
    I've made the threat scan with all the suggested tools.

Some threats (mainly tracking cookies) found and removed, but crashes continues.

Other findings are false positives.

amir77a, Mar 5, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    I would not call the findings a false positive, there are reasons why the findings are marked as P.U.P.

Have you used Driver Booster 4 for installing drivers?

axe0, Mar 5, 2017
  7. amir77a Win User
    Yes, I did used Driver Booster 4 for drivers installation, BUT only after the BSOD begun.

Latest driver of the Network card was downloaded by me from Intel.

What is P.U.P ?

amir77a, Mar 5, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Potential Unwanted Program (sometimes Potential Unsafe Program).

Remove the drivers that DB4 has installed, regardless of when it is been used, it causes problems.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter? [​IMG]

BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter? [​IMG]

axe0, Mar 5, 2017
  9. amir77a Win User
    All specs are updated now.

amir77a, Mar 5, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    Looks like you need to download most of your drivers from Intel *Smile
    I'd say, visit Intel support page for your motherboard and install the drivers available.

11. amir77a Win User
    Intel doesn't offer support for Windows 10 for my motherboard.

As for the network adapter, already did that from Intel. No other available drivers.

amir77a, Mar 5, 2017
  12. amir77a Win User

Thanks for the important info.

Due to multiple BSOD, I've decided to format the drive and reinstall Windows 10.

At current 24 hours with no BSOD..

amir77a, Mar 13, 2017
  13. Is there any news or did you fix the problem?

BSODHunter, May 8, 2017
  14. amir77a Win User
    Since the clean installation no BSOD at all.

Thanks for your comments.

amir77a, May 8, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter? - Similar Threads - BSOD random basis

2. BSOD on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a daily basis: Hi, first time asking for help here.Basically I've been having issues with my laptop for a while now and it's mostly BSOD while doing nothing like browsing the web or laptop would just be sitting and literally not doing anything. But while playing games it won't get any BSOD...
  3. network adapter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network adapter problem: i have asus tuf a17 laptop ,its netowk driver is just randomly turns off mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-problem/326a269e-32c4-4320-a897-7bdaeda06dd9
  4. network adapter problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter problem: i have asus tuf a17 laptop ,its netowk driver is just randomly turns off mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-problem/326a269e-32c4-4320-a897-7bdaeda06dd9
  5. Network Adapter problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter problem: Hello, recently my laptop is facing problem where it couldn't detect any network or suddenly lost connection to WiFi. When i open up wifi list not even a single wifi signal show upThe problem did go away after i restart the laptop, but the same situation keeps happening again...
  6. Problem of network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem of network adapter: I am suffering through this problem for one month. I am tried of finding a way to get rid of this problem. The wifi is not showing. When i go to the settings in my windows 10 laptop and status appears. But in the network status,there is only a blank line nothing else. I...
  7. Problem of network adapter

Problem of network adapter: I am suffering through this problem for one month. I am tried of finding a way to get rid of this problem. The wifi is not showing. When i go to the settings in my windows 10 laptop and status appears. But in the network status,there is only a blank line nothing else. I...
  8. Network adapter problem

Network adapter problem: Hello all, First post and need help with something please. The basics- new Asus x509ua machine from January. Sometimes the network adapter is not found by the computer. This has been happening on and off since I bought the machine. It happened two or three times back in...
  9. Network Adapter Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Problems: I need help because my network adapter keeps failing, there is no error code but my network status symbol shows what looks like a globe. It happens randomly. I tried reinstalling it, searching for a newer version, and turning off power saving features for it and it still...
  10. network adapter problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter problem: Hello Dear My pc is currently running window 10 insider preview build 17741 but network adapter is not working. On the previous build there was network adapter. now only wifi is working the PC not recognize internet cable because there is no adapter in the device manager....