Windows 10: BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f

Discus and support BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a dell xps 14 z laptop. It originally came with windows 7. I took advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade when it came out a while ago. Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by snizzle, Jul 6, 2017.

1. snizzle Win User

BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f

I have a dell xps 14 z laptop. It originally came with windows 7. I took advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade when it came out a while ago. Laptop was running well until I did a large windows 10 update (I believe it was the creator update) a few days ago. Immediately after, the computer will only boot to the BSOD error 0xc000000f, saying "your pc/device needs to be repaired." I was not able to boot into advanced settings and do a repair. I created a windows 10 installation usb and tried to repair that way but no restore points were found. The hdd is set to boot first in bios but its almost like the computer can't see the hdd.

I don't think I can run DM Log collector because I can't save the file to the desktop.

Any help would be much appreciated *Thumbs

:)

snizzle, Jul 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Update BSOD

Windows 10 Creators update install from Windows update.

Runs to mid 20% and then reboots to a BSOD with error code:

0XC000000f

The partition has been converted to a RAW partition. I'm able to recover that back to NTFS using testdisk and I can see all my files. There is now a windows.old folder in there but nothing I do will cause my laptop
    to boot or recover.

First time around, recovered from a backup image.

This time around, looking for help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CraigMcNeill, Jul 6, 2017
  3. PC wont start. BOOTABLE USB doesnt work

Hello, there.

My PC can't start. After appear the logo, it have BSoD with stop code NTFS FILE SYSTEM. Then for seconds, another error with message:

"Recover

Your PC couldn't start propely A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. ..."

Then I turn SATA mode from AHCI to IDE and NTFS FILE SYSTEM error fixed. Just the 0xc000000f still have problem.

I downloaded Win10_1703_English_64x.iso from microsoft website and use Rufus to make the bootable USB on my friend's PC. I plugged the bootable usb in my error pc, disable secure boot, enable csm launch and boot the usb. Still not work with message:

"Recovery

Your Pc/device need to be repaired

The Boot configuration Data for your pc is missing or contains error.

File: \Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools..."

Please help!

MạnhTrần Văn, Jul 6, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Please provide more details on your computer: drive, ram etc.
    2) Are your files backed up?
    3) Had you made an image of the drive?
    4) Were you having any hardware or software problems before this event?
    5) Had you performed any recent tests on the internal drive?

6) Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    Each computer manufacturer has a F key to boot to a device.
    Without the F key you will need to change the boot order in the bios to boot to the USB port.
    This is a list of F keys by computer manufacturer: List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    7) For your Dell computer after you have placed the bootable windows 10 iso into any USB port power on the computer clicking the F12 key.
    8) When you see boot device options boot to the USB hard drive.
    9) You will boot the windows 10 iso and see a windows icon for 5 - 10 minutes as it loads.
    10) On the first menu you will choose the language, currency, time, and keyboard.
    11) Click next.
    12) Do NOT click install now as this is the method to perform a clean install. This would delete partitions, format the drive, create an unallocated drive and install windows 10 version 1703. The files and applications would all be removed.
    13) In the left lower corner click on repair your computer.
    14) Click on troubleshoot.
    15) Click on system restore.
    16) If there is a valid restore point attempt a system restore.
    17) If there is no valid restore point or if a system restore fails proceed to a startup repair.
    18) If start up repair fails let us know and we will move to steps using command prompt or Administrator X:\windows\system32.cmd.exe

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  5. snizzle Win User
    Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 RAM 6 GB Hard Drive 500 GB mechanical_hard_drive Graphics Coprocessor AMD Radeon HD7570M Chipset Brand amd Card Description dedicated originally installed with windows 7 x64bit.

2. Some files are backed up, but not all. I would like to recover all if I can.
    3. no image of drive made.
    4. no problems before windows update.
    5. I ran diagnostics from the bios. no errors were found.

I have done steps 6-18 with no success. It could not find a restore point. startup repair didn't work.

Thanks for the help!

snizzle, Jul 7, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    When you ran diagnostics from the bios what tests (please list each) were available? For the HD which tests were done (smart, short generic. long generic, etc.)
    18) If start up repair fails let us know and we will move to steps using command prompt or Administrator X:\windows\system32.cmd.exe
    a) bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    b) see if you can open notepad to save results and post into the thread
    c) C:
    d) sfc /scannow
    e) chkdsk
    f) right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrator x box > edit > select all > right click again the top bar > edit > copy > paste into notepad > save
    g) exit
    h) exit

If possible please post the notepad results or post the scannow and chkdsk results.
    If you cannot boot plan a registry repair.

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  7. snizzle Win User
    so my laptop was never returned to normal but a friend removed the hard drive and transferred the data off of it with Linux and another computer. I then bought a new drive and we will do a fresh windows install on that drive and then move the data that I need back over. Thanks

snizzle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - BSOD boot Creator

2. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  3. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000f boot error: I need help on something!!! I got an error that says recovery, "The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. Error 0xc000000f. ACPI.sys. I heard to get an USB but I don't have one should I just buy one? Would it even...
  4. Error 0xc000000f boot error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225: Hi, I may have messed up my Windows quite abit after trying to do system restore while having problems with my GPU driver, all I had to do was reinstall the driver but I did a mistake of starting system restore after running DDU. [img] After pressing Enter to try again...
  6. BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD, boot error 0xc000000f and system registry error 0xc0000225: Hi, I may have messed up my Windows quite abit after trying to do system restore while having problems with my GPU driver, all I had to do was reinstall the driver but I did a mistake of starting system restore after running DDU. [img] After pressing Enter to try again...
  7. BSOD ACPI.sys Error 0xc000000f - Unable to boot in to any mode

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD ACPI.sys Error 0xc000000f - Unable to boot in to any mode: When I came in to my home office this morning my PC was on with a BSoD. I thought this was odd because I hibernated the device the evening before, but I also recall possible Updates Pending (but cannot be certain!). I've spent all day trying to fix the error with no such...
  8. Windows 10 Cannot Boot after Update (Error code: 0xc000000f)

Windows 10 Cannot Boot after Update (Error code: 0xc000000f): Hi, My Windows 10 machine updated itself today (taking a really long time). When it was finished I rebooted it and I'm getting: Recovery Your PC/device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f I tried booting from...
  9. BSOD right after booting, error 0xc000000f

BSOD right after booting, error 0xc000000f: Hello everybody I'm not sure if this problem is in "Installation" category of BSOD, but I think this post belongs here. I see this error page many times I start my computer: [img] It doesn't seem to be an actual problem because if I use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart,...
  10. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f: Firstly may I apologise if I have submitted my problem in the incorrect Forum, my symptoms seem to spread across a couple of areas. I am operating a 1 TB drive with Windows 10 and 7 in a Dual Boot configuration on my desktop PC, the win 10 is an on-line downloaded upgrade...
Tags: