Windows 10: BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages

Discus and support BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK, I've got an annoying one here. I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on a factory built PC (Chillblast) that was running OK under Windows 7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PerfectBlue, Jan 13, 2016.

1. BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages

OK, I've got an annoying one here.

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on a factory built PC (Chillblast) that was running OK under Windows 7, but is now Blue Screening on Windows 10.

When I boot the PC from cold about 1/3 of the time it will blue screen. The messages vary. Sometimes it will say IRQL Not less or Equal, or Page fault in non-paged area, or Memory Management.

The messages always happen pretty much at the exact second that you would normally get the logon box up. It never Blue screens when I'm actually using the computer, even if I'm hitting it hard with games. It also never blue screens on a reboot. Only when it's booting from power complete power down.

I suspect that it's software rather than hardware, maybe a driver?

The only message in the logs is that the computer as recovered from an unexpected shutdown. It rarely creates Dump rile.

I thought that it might be bad RAM. I have two 8GB chips. Both are the original chips that the computer was sold with. If I try with one chip in it runs perfectly. It doesn't matter which chip, or which slot the chip is in. It runs perfectly with all combinations. If I put them both in 1/3 of the time BSOD.

I've run Memtest86+ and it didn't find any problems. I've also run the System File Checker and it didn't find anything.

As this is a fresh install I don't have much loaded. It started blue screening with only the basic software needed to run my hardware, and an Anti-Virus (Avira) loaded.

Windows 10 is installed on a totally new disc, straight out of the box (Sandisk SSD).

Other than the hard disk and a soundcard, the PC is pretty much a factory build, with a factory configured motherboard. It's not overclocked, and I haven't tinkered with it.

Before I installed Windows 10, I occasionally had a Stop 0X000008a error, but I don't know if that's relevant or not as it was a different OS on a different hard disk.

Any ideas.

[EDIT] - I've managed to get a couple of Dump files, but it doesn't always generate one.

:)

PerfectBlue, Jan 13, 2016

2. Memory Related BSOD Every Cold Boot

Hello.

I am actually roaming on a lot of threads in this answer support.

i have read there are incompatibility issues with 1709 in some Boards.

try searching your motherboard here in
    Gigabyte's Windows 10 Compatbility site

not sure if this is the updated list but. if you have found out that its in not there.

Consider try installing lower version of Windows 10 1607 , 1703 if that will stop the BSOD

unfortunately Microsoft site has only Fall creators update available. as a fellow windows user. you have to try looking for another source that offers lower build ISO files.

Lyrrad ✨, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Memory Related BSOD Every Cold Boot

First let me list my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming

CPU: i7 8700k @ stock

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2133 MHz

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 TI

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (Windows Installed) 240GB

Seagate FireCuda 2TB HDD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

I cannot find anyone to help me with this problem, so when the i7 8700k came out I bought a new motherboard, RAM and the CPU. But ever since i installed the parts I am now plagued with Memory Management and Kernel Security Check BSODs on cold boots only,
    it will keep giving me these errors seconds after the PC boots for almost a dozen times and then itll be fine until the next cold boot, if I restart the PC it wont give me the BSOD.

Ive reinstalled Windows 2 times but nothing, and I have tested the RAM multiple times with no errors and the PC is fine in Safe Mode.

I think it may be driver related but I dont know where to look.

Adam Garcia, Jan 13, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages

lifetec, Jan 13, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
  6. I've tinkered with the settings and managed to get it to create a basic dmp file today. The error message was Memory Management. Which should help somewhat.

I installed the latest software for the Network card from the manufacturer, but none of the other motherboard software as I didn't want to mix Windows 10's software with the manufacturers in case they conflicted.

Attachment 58968

EDIT: I think that setting my PC not to automatically reboot after a Blue Screen is what allowed it to record a dump file this time when it hasn't done previously.

For now, I've also removed one RAM chip as it only Blue Screens when I have both chips in. It doesn't seem to matter which chip is in, or which slot it is in. I only seem to have the problem if both chips are in at the same time.

Is it possible that maybe I have an older piece of software that can't address outside of a certain range properly?

I do have have an older model sound card. A Creative Labs SB X-fi which wasn't factory installed. I put it in from an older PC as the sound card that this PC came with didn't have a Fibre Optic output. The software on that dates back to 05/05/2010. When I did the fresh install on a new disc I didn't install this independently, Windows 10 detected it and downloaded it by itself.

I previously installed Creative Labs own software when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Rather than using the Windows software.

Both times (Creative's own software on an upgraded system, and Windows Software on a fresh install with a new disc) produced the same BSOD with two sticks of RAM.

PerfectBlue, Jan 14, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabs

• CPU
    • Mainboard
    • Memory
    • SPD*
    • Graphics

*SPD shows the details of each module, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
    Please make screenshots of each module.

Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

8. BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages

Hello

Here is the information that you requested. The hardware is at the default configuration that is shipped with from the factory.

If I run with both memory sticks in place it BSOD about 1/3 of the time. If I run with only one it loads perfectly each time.

Regardless of which stick is in which slot.

Attachment 60272

PerfectBlue, Jan 22, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Do you remember how many passes have completed with MemTest86+?

Please check in your BIOS for the memory frequency and voltage, this is present in CPU-Z but we can't fully trust software on this.

10. I can't remember many passes I completed. I did several runs with different memory configurations. I think that I left it for 3 passes. Because of where the PC is located, and how it is being used, I can't run it overnight. Maybe 5 hours is the maximum that I can run it for. Which doesn't give you too many passes with 16GB of RAM.

None of the runs found any errors on any of the passes.

I've run the PC with some pretty punishing software, including gaming, and it's never once had a BSOD during actual use. 9 times out of 10 it only happens at a specific moment during startup. Always at that moment, and always from a cold start rather than a soft reboot.

The 10th time it happens on shutdown. Always at the same moment during the shutdown.

I strongly strongly suspect that this is software, rather than hardware. Maybe a device conflict, or something to do with my Anti-virus software. I use Ariva.

I left the RAM at it's factory default settings. It's a Chillblast PC. Factroy built with it's original RAM and no overclocking. I haven't changed any of the BIOS settings, except for setting the fans to a slightly faster setting to cool the PC when I do 3D rendering

PerfectBlue, Jan 30, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. Attachment 61693

Please find new attachment with more recent data.

You can safely ignore the YouGov Pulse entry on the startup, I know what it is and it's a legitimate package.

13. axe0 New Member

14. It's only happened a handful of times, but it's the exact moment that you normally got from the Shutting Down message to your screen going blank as the PC shuts down.

If there is an update waiting to be installed, then you get the update message and the percentage countdown, and it happens right at the moment that the update completes and the machine powers down.

If I had to guess, I would say that this is the moment that Avira unloads form memory. I had a couple of issues with Avira when I was on Windows 7, and was told that the answer was that Ariva was trying to make sure that it was the last thing in memory so that a virus or malware couldn't sneak in after it unloaded, and something else was locking the registry and not releasing it, so Ariva couldn't unload properly.

Since then I've installed Windows 10 on a fresh SSD. That problem was fixed before I went over to Windows 10.

15. I've changed the settings to crate a small dump. But the last BSOD was 30/01/2016. There was another on 28/01/2016 and again on 24/01/2016.

They don't always create a dump file. It gives you a system event saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." when you next power the PC up.

Thema:

1. BSOD on Boot, various memory related messages - Similar Threads - BSOD Boot various

2. Various memory-related? BSOD codes during use and system shutdown & start-up + double boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various memory-related? BSOD codes during use and system shutdown & start-up + double boot...: Hello readers,For the past months seemingly after getting new monitors, but this might be irrelevant I have been getting BSODs at unpredictable moments of using my PC, and sometimes too when shutting down or logging into Windows. Next to that, my PC often turns off during...
  3. Various memory-related? BSOD codes during use and system shutdown & start-up + double boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various memory-related? BSOD codes during use and system shutdown & start-up + double boot...: Hello readers,For the past months seemingly after getting new monitors, but this might be irrelevant I have been getting BSODs at unpredictable moments of using my PC, and sometimes too when shutting down or logging into Windows. Next to that, my PC often turns off during...
  4. Various memory-related? BSOD codes during use and system shutdown & start-up + double boot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD every few weeks - various related to memory

BSOD every few weeks - various related to memory: Every few weeks I get a BSOD. It always seems to be related to memory so I occasionally run memory diagnostics, including the BIOS built-in and memtest86 (and memtest86+). It always passes the memory diagnostics. Here's a list of BSODs I've gotten, going back a year (I take a...
  6. Various BSOD Messages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Various BSOD Messages: Been getting random BSOD Messages - would appreciate some help in determining possible cause heres a link to the DMP files https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0upvvf6te6lsuq/050820-18625-01.zip?dl=0 thanks!...
  7. BSOD crashes with various messages.

BSOD crashes with various messages.: Hello! My recently built PC has been crashing at different times and occasions.Below you can find my PC build, actions I have taken so far and a link to my recent minidump files. Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance! PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Vega 11 ASrock B450...
  8. Regular BSOD of various messages

Regular BSOD of various messages: Hi There I have been experiencing random and varied BSODs on my system for some time now. Memory_Management and Page Fault In Non Paged Area are two that I see more often but the issue is certainly not limited to these two error codes. System stability seems to vary; on...
  9. Various BSOD messages

Various BSOD messages: Over the last few weeks i have been having various BSOD and different messages each time, ranging from BAD_POOL_HEADER KERNEL_SECURITY CHECK FAILURE IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL All of these are preceded with the screen pixels all crashing into lines and buzzing sound. I...
  10. BSOD Various video related crashes

BSOD Various video related crashes: I've been having a problem for a while of various crashes when it comes to watching videos on chrome for a while or in the middle of playing games. Sometimes the computer just shuts off completely like a light but always after a bit of time in a video or game. I'm not...