Windows 10: BSOD on brand-new laptop

Discus and support BSOD on brand-new laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by menteith, Apr 28, 2017.

1. menteith Win User

BSOD on brand-new laptop

Hi all,

I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this error:

Code: A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root Port[/quote] Does it mean I have faulty hardware? Perhaps it is not important but I didn't install all the drivers. I have only drivers for graphics, WiFi and chipset.

Thanks in advance

:)

menteith, Apr 28, 2017
  2. Amb3r311 Win User

BSOD on brand new laptop!

I got a brand new laptop thursday and within about 3 hours I got the dreaded blue screen of death. Upon restarting I got the BSOD loop. The only things I had installed were avira antivirus, firefox, and I started to download a free game (got the code with
    the new laptop): watchdogs 2. The game was a huge 20+ gb download and the crash happened halfway through that.

There have been two messages on the BSOD pages: KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK FAILURE and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I am able to start in safe mode. I clicked on each driver and autochecked for updates. Only one updated: killer wireless card.

Here's a link to my dmp files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2_D6pCPI6cNTmNueWd6T0ZRMlU

Please help!

Amb3r311, Apr 28, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    BSOD on brand new laptop!

When you purchased it did it have an antivirus program install other than Windows Defender?

Also what make and model on laptop?

lacrumb, Apr 28, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on brand-new laptop

Hi menteith,

Both the crashes and the hardware reports point to your Intel wifi adapter.
    Did you install the drivers from Dell or Windows Update?

5. menteith Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I took the latest drivers from Intel's page because drivers from Dell's were a bit older. Windows Update doesn't have the drivers for my WiFi at all.

menteith, Apr 29, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    That might explain a few things, you should get your drivers from Dell only.

7. menteith Win User
    I will install the drivers from Dell and I will report whether it helps or not.

menteith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on brand-new laptop

1. BSOD on brand-new laptop - Similar Threads - BSOD brand laptop

2. BSOD in brand new laptop, help reading dmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in brand new laptop, help reading dmp: Hello,I recently acquired a brand new laptop Gigabyte G5. After using it for only a few weeks, I began encountering BSOD errors. The majority of these errors are related to "hkmoufltr.sys."I can't provide much information because these errors mainly occur randomly. The only...
  3. BSOD in brand new laptop, help reading dmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in brand new laptop, help reading dmp: Hello,I recently acquired a brand new laptop Gigabyte G5. After using it for only a few weeks, I began encountering BSOD errors. The majority of these errors are related to "hkmoufltr.sys."I can't provide much information because these errors mainly occur randomly. The only...
  4. Bsod on brand new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  5. BSOD Brand new pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  6. Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new laptop, BSOD on wake from sleep: Hi guys I just received my brand new Inspiron 15 5593 laptop, it all seemed great during my first install and initial setup (I always reinstall windows on a new machine). It was fine until I closed the lid to carry it to another room, it bluescreened immediately on wake with...
  7. Brand new laptop - BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new laptop - BSOD issues: Hi, I'm now at my wits end and hoping someone can help. I am not tech savvy so apologies for the dumb wording and descriptions. Background: I work for a small Not for profit and we purchased a new HP laptop in the new year. About 4 months in, I was continuously getting a...
  8. BSOD on brand new laptop

BSOD on brand new laptop: Hi all, I have just bought a brand new laptop (Asus Vivobook S14) yesterday and just experienced a BSOD. I have attached the minidump file here. Appreciate your help to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks and Regards....
  9. BSOD in a Brand New Desktop

BSOD in a Brand New Desktop: HI I have been having BSOD on my Dell All in One since the the beginning. I am still in the warranty but before I contact Dell, I want a Microsoft technician to have a look on the Minidump file analysis. I have updated all drivers and reinstalled Windows couple of times...
  10. Brand New laptop

Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....