Windows 10: BSOD on computer wake.

Discus and support BSOD on computer wake. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for a long while now(3 weeks -ish), and in attempts to fix it, I probably made it worse. I downloaded an "update all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sammmy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. sammmy Win User

BSOD on computer wake.

I have been having this issue for a long while now(3 weeks -ish), and in attempts to fix it, I probably made it worse. I downloaded an "update all drivers" software and broke my computer very badly. In continuing attempts I simply reinstalled windows and the "worse" part is gone. It's better now. long story short: please note I am on a practically new OS. there shouldn't be too many viruses or malware.

before I ruined my computer. i was experiencing BSODs these would occur on wake, usually after sign in and sometimes immediately after boot. i recently installed firefox. perhaps an addon or plugin is causing it. I also installed process hacker 2. it is very peculiar to me because on my laptop i have the same setup and it never has this issue.

after I "fixed" my computer everything seemed fine. I could wake the computer and it would not BSOD. i restarted it yesterday to test it. upon waking it this morning the same BSOD occurs.

your help is appreciated.

:)

sammmy, Oct 29, 2016

2. BSOD error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" while waking From Sleep.

Every time I wake up my computer, I get a BSOD saying that a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Štefan Darvaš, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Oct 29, 2016
  4. sammmy Win User

BSOD on computer wake.

update: I thought I was leaving for somewhere, and instead of putting the computer to sleep, I put it in hibernate. there was no BSOD on system resume.

sammmy, Oct 29, 2016
  5. sammmy Win User
    it seems as though youtube doesn't work now though

sammmy, Oct 29, 2016
  6. sammmy Win User
    I apologize for bloating this thread already but videos are working now.

sammmy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD on computer wake.

1. BSOD on computer wake. - Similar Threads - BSOD computer wake

2. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  3. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  4. MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS BSoD on waking up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS BSoD on waking up computer: Hey, I have been having this particular BSoD for the last week or so. I've run Windows Update, SupportAssist, and gone into the GeForce experience and even gone through every Device in the Device Manager checking for new drivers. I've run ChkDsk, sfc, and DSIM, but the...
  5. Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep: After fixing my old problem of a driver state power failure, I've been getting BSOD's after waking my computer up from sleep. The BSOD screen is too pixelated to read and I dont know exactly what could be wrong. I have the DMP file from today. To fix this BSOD I've just...
  6. Computer wakes from sleep, then BSOD (Version 1903)

Computer wakes from sleep, then BSOD (Version 1903): I woke up my Acer Desktop, and it immediately had a BSOD. Attached is the BSOD Cause. 144389
  7. Frequent BSOD starting/waking computer

Frequent BSOD starting/waking computer: Hello, A few months ago my PC started having random BSOD issues when starting and waking from sleep mode but it was only about 1 every few weeks. The issue became more and more frequent however until a couple of weeks ago when it started having BSOD issues almost everytime...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD On Computer Wake From Sleep

Windows 10 BSOD On Computer Wake From Sleep: Every time my computer's monitor goes to sleep, on awaking the computer will BSOD with "kernel security check failure" or the screen will not turn on and reboot the PC. Attachment 38090 23059
  9. Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.

Freezing upon waking computer and booting, No BSOD however.: Just to preface this I have not received a BSOD when this happens so I hope I'm still posting this in the correct location. However my laptop just freezes completely and I have to do a hard shutdown (holding the power button until it shuts off) whenever I wake my laptop up...
  10. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hello My PC will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up after long hours of sleep, this does not happen reliably and I have no idea how to reproduce it. My GPU and CPU is overclocked however they have caused no issues during general use and gaming. 67440