Windows 10: BSOD on fresh Windows Install

Discus and support BSOD on fresh Windows Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built my PC in May, and have done no hardware changes since then, but have recently had a massive issue with BSODs. On Monday, I was having issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kreshnek, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Kreshnek Win User

BSOD on fresh Windows Install

I built my PC in May, and have done no hardware changes since then, but have recently had a massive issue with BSODs.

On Monday, I was having issues with just application crashes. Games would constantly hard crash, and attempts to repair them would fail. Anti-virus scans would crash as well, and Windows Defender kept turning itself off. I thought that it might be a virus, so I just reformatted to be safe. Then the BSODs started.

Immediately upon logging into a fresh OS install, I was hit with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL which then continued to happen everytime the OS tried to load. Eventually though, it got through, and ran fine with no issues until today, where the same thing happened again. Paired with my earlier issues I thought maybe the OS drive might be failing, so I took it out and formatted and installed Windows on my secondary SSD. No dice, exact same issue. I then tried a brand new drive and had the exact same issue again.

Back on my original drive now, I've tried swapping out memory and running the Windows memory diagnostic tool, but have had no luck with either. Same issues regardless of what stick I'm using, and the diagnostic encountered no issues on the standard test.

Tried removing my GPU and using onboard graphics as well and removed all unncessary hardware, but still encountered multiple BSODs though with different STOP codes different times.

After the last batch of BSOD, it's been running fairly okay for the past 40 minutes or so, but who knows how long that will last.

I'm dreading there being an issue with my MOBO or CPU, as I don't have any spare to test with.

:)

Kreshnek, Nov 21, 2017
  2. McManamay Win User

BSoD UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Ok we removed that one and now it's crashing with CMUAC.sys BSoD and another one rzudd.sys BSoD. Would a fresh Windows install be better than all of this?

McManamay, Nov 21, 2017
  3. "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD while watching video in browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox)

It is senseless to perform restoring because this BSOD appears on the fresh Windows installations with the latest updates too.

Nikita Glukhov, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Kreshnek Win User

Tried turning on driver verifier using all installed drivers, just in case that help troubleshooting, and had a few more BSODs after rebooting.

Kreshnek, Nov 21, 2017
  5. Hi,

Theres no misbehaving driver displayed in the dumps. I think theres an problem with your Hardware. Please check your RAM using Memtest:

BSOD on fresh Windows Install [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ V5.01 needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

More Info here: Memory problems. - Microsoft Community

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Nov 21, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0906, 2017-03-22
    Please see this link for a possible upgrade:
    ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING Driver & Tools| Motherboards | ASUS USA
    Version -
    2017/11/093.27 MBytes
    ME Update tool
    Intel has identified security issue that could potentially place impacted platform at risk. Use ME Update tool to update your ME.
    *We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 11.7.0.1040 simultaneously.
    "Please download the file and check the MD5 code first.
    MD5: bd4f2b48d7507e44db17fb5a585f85b6

zbook, Nov 21, 2017
  7. Kreshnek Win User
    Ran MemTest86+ V5.01 for about a day and a half (was away from home), no errors detected.

Will try running the BIOS update.

Kreshnek, Nov 23, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

6) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

5) Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    6) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    7) Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

8) So please make sure your files are backed up.

9) Please make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    Place the backup image onto another drive or into the cloud.

10) And please create a brand new restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

11) Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > expand all rows > look for yellow triangles with black exclamation marks > post images into the thread

zbook, Nov 23, 2017
  9. Kreshnek Win User
    ME & BIOS update complete, seems to be stable now, and it's been up and running for a few hours now. Definitely seems more stable than before. Will continue to monitor and will update in a week or so if all is well!

Posting info as requested just in case (uploaded .txt file, couldn't get it to not mess up the formatting posting into the thread directly)

Kreshnek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on fresh Windows Install - Similar Threads - BSOD fresh Install

2. Bsods after fresh windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsods after fresh windows installation: This is my 4th time freshly installing windows. I am severely frustrated because bsods won't stop even after fresh installs. I have booted safe mode successfully and get no bsods. After my fresh install I went to install 3 apps. Chrome, steam, and discord. I decided to wait...
  3. BSOD even with fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD even with fresh Windows install: Hello,I am getting a BSOD with 0x3B and 0x139 even with fresh Windows 10 and Windows 11 install from the MS media creation tool USB.when I use sfc /scannow it shows:C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning...
  4. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  5. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  6. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD on fresh install

BSOD on fresh install: Hello, i've recently put together a build but i cannot use due to constant Blue Screen, sometimes even a Green one after the Blue, i've updated everything, from Windows updates to the drivers of cpu, mobo, etc. The error name of the error that is displayed is the WHEA...
  8. BSOD after fresh windows install

BSOD after fresh windows install: Hello, I purchased a new gaming PC with CyberpowerPC. One month after using it I started getting frequent blue screen crashes daily. CyberpowerPC advised that I re-seat the ram and re-install windows. I did both and I still got a blue screen crash 1 day after windows...
  9. BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10

BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10: Hello! First time here and I am really hoping someone could help me figure this out. I am having constant BSoDs and I have tried fixing the error codes that pop on the screen. I went as far as doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and I still keep getting them. I have searched...
  10. BSOD on fresh install

BSOD on fresh install: Just did a fresh install a couple days ago, and still getting multiple BSOD`s. I have basicly just let the rig sit there with the power on to see if it was stable. It was not.... I have not installed any drivers or anything myself. Just webbrowsers, spotify and fan control...