Windows 10: BSOD On Just About Every Action

Discus and support BSOD On Just About Every Action in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's beginning to sound like you may have a defective CPU. I do not think so, or at least I do not think it is the only cause IF the CPU would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mashalien, Jul 20, 2016.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD On Just About Every Action

I do not think so, or at least I do not think it is the only cause IF the CPU would be defect.

The CPU was processing something while something else came on the bus that the CPU wasn't expecting yet, that doesn't sound like a CPU problem to me.
    With driver verifier enabled on a 0x124 crash with no driver being caught it is a definite sign to hardware (or BIOS?)

Of course I may be wrong, but this is just my thoughts about the problem *Smile

2. Ztruker Win User

I hope you're right but how do we tell and where do we go from here?

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2016
  3. axe0 New Member
    With 0x124 it is mainly guessing and trying and analyzing the logs to see if anything shows a sign to a lead.

4. Ztruker Win User

Okay, doing more searching for similar errors, I found several that ended up being caused by a hard drive.
    You have a TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA 1TB hard drive.

First run chkdsk C: /r. The best way to do this I from the Command Prompt of a booted install DVD or flash drive or better yet, use Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

If nothing shows there then run the WinDFT hard drive tests, see if anything shows: Downloads | HGST

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Mashalien Win User
    So I finally found the flashdrive and it appears I have to decide whether to do Memtest or Windows 10 Recovery Tools Bootable Rescue Disk first.
    I realize that you need a screenshot of the Memtest results but I'm going to go ahead and do the BRD first. And then do memtest.

Mashalien, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Mashalien Win User
    Sorry for lack of an update, almost as soon as I posted the last one I got slammed by College, family, and work. The results of both the BRD and Memtest will be posted by the end of the day

Mashalien, Jul 31, 2016
  7. Mashalien Win User
    Dentist and eye doctor. Sorry for lack of updates. Can't focus on screens right now so it might be a few hours until I can get the stuff uploaded.

Mashalien, Aug 1, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Life happens *Smile I'll be here on and off.

Mostly updating my PCs to the Anniversary 14393.0 release.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2016
  9. Mashalien Win User
    Finally got Memtest running again
    Attachment 94222Attachment 94223Attachment 94224
    Picture quality isn't the best, hence the multiple shots, but there were 8 runs with no failures. On to the next thing.

Mashalien, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD On Just About Every Action - Similar Threads - BSOD Every Action

2. about every antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about every antivirus: Antivirus programs, like Microsoft's, stop me from getting the real Matrix 9. I have to turn off all antiviruses to install it. Why not make a version that doesn't make antiviruses think it's a problem?...
  3. about every antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about every antivirus: Antivirus programs, like Microsoft's, stop me from getting the real Matrix 9. I have to turn off all antiviruses to install it. Why not make a version that doesn't make antiviruses think it's a problem?...
  4. About the BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About the BSOD: I recently updated windows version. OS Build - 19042.870 Version - 20H2 Every time i start my laptop i am getting errors like, "System thread exception not handled." I did some troubleshooting, but did not work. Do not know what is the problem. Help...
  5. About BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About BSOD: Hello Microsoft Comunity, My Name is Maruful Islam Sami. For Last 1year I have been facing the BSOD. In Stop Code it Comes different everytime. Sometimes Memory_Management. Sometimes kernel_security_check_failure and sometimes others. I also tried reinstalling windows but...
  6. Constant BSOD While doing just about anything

Constant BSOD While doing just about anything: So the story is i have had BSOD issues for well over a year at this point. When i think i have them fixed i don't. I have done multiple reinstalls of windows multiple updates of drivers. Clean Boots, driver verifierwhich hasn't done anything to my knowledge as well as...
  7. BSOD with restart about every 12 hours

BSOD with restart about every 12 hours: I am not sure what the root cause, but since about 2 weeks my computer (Intel I5-4590 with 8GB of DDR3 RAM) is having a BSOD about every 12 hours. Interesting is that the BSOD has changed a few days ago to a "PSOD" (pink screen of death :-) Looking into the error log I see...
  8. BSOD about every 5 mins

BSOD about every 5 mins: Getting bsod about every 5 mins and have to reboot to use for about 5 more mins. Pretty sure that it is MB related and hoping your tool will help diag the problem. The bsod happens with both my win 10 OSs after about the same time frame. 120335
  9. BSOD playing WOW, but occasionally doing just about anything

BSOD playing WOW, but occasionally doing just about anything: First of all I want to thank all of you for the great tutorials on trying to figure this out on my own. I have tried and tried everything that was suggested, but I just can't figure it out by myself. I would really appreciate some help. I keep getting BSODs mostly when...
  10. Question About Action Center Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Action Center Icon: Hey, Every now and then my Action Bar Icon in the Task Bar will switch from the normal rectangle with lines inside to the same thing except now there is a small circle in the lower right hand corner. If I click it the Action Center comes up like it normally would. Just...