Windows 10: BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

Discus and support BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Would appreciate any help with this one. working on a new build and fresh install of Windows 10. I've installed all Windows updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by confusedone, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

Hello! Would appreciate any help with this one.

working on a new build and fresh install of Windows 10. I've installed all Windows updates and drivers for the hardware. However, I'm experiencing frequent BSODs while idle or surfing online. The system also freezes completely if it sits idle for a while and I am forced to hard reset it.

I've run memtest, and cmd commands sfc scannow, dism, and chkdsk; no errors were found. Event Viewer doesn't show any errors besides the BSOD alerts.

system info and dmp files attached.

:)

confusedone, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 STOP CODE WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

I just got a new computer and on first start up I got this error-STOP CODE WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR.I reset it to a previous build and it started up fine. Does that mean I'm in the clear and no more errors or hardware problems what should I do?

Mr.Gladson, Oct 4, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Jessen P, Oct 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

Hi confusedone,

Sorry for the delay, we're very busy.

Do you still need help?

axe0, Oct 6, 2016
  5. thanks for the reply! Yes, i am still in need of assistance. a few updates:
    Since posting last, i've run prime95 for 9.5 hours with no crash or error on cpu. so ram, cpu and ssd seem stable from tests.
    I could trigger bsod from running creativecloud.exe or any install exe that required downloading installation files from the internet. I tried disabling all services (basically by Nvidia and Intel) not by Microsoft under services tab in msconfig as well as disabling apps from starting up when the system boots. That change allowed me to run creativecloud.exe with no bsod.

!'m getting, now, the whea and watchdog bsod errors. The watchdog error will happen consecutively on boot up attempts, then the system eventually boots successfully and I can see the log in screen. The computer will still freeze completely when idle, only responding to a hard reset. I'm including a fresh set of dmp files.

thanks for your efforts.

confusedone, Oct 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error [​IMG]
    FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

axe0, Oct 6, 2016
  7. HD Tune was halted by kernel security check failures, but the test made it almost to completion a few times; all blocks were green on the hdds.

test results are attached. there was an unhandled exception while running furmark on the integrated gpu regarding ig9icd32.dll - I included screenshots.

confusedone, Oct 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

It is required to follow the instructions properly!
    - Seatools, the long pass
    - MemTest86+, 8 or more completed passes

axe0, Oct 7, 2016
  9. oh! This is what happens when you read every 5th word... I will follow up with the correct results. thanks.

confusedone, Oct 7, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please note, MemTest86+ and SeaTools may take several hours. MemTest86+ is best to perform at night, because it usually takes 8-10h for 8 passes on 8GB so it should be done when waking up or around afternoon (with bad luck)

SeaTools, depending on the size of the HDD, the speed and other things, could also take hours. I cannot specify how much it could take because that varies too much.

11. You're right. It will definitely take about a day or so. SeaTools estimates one Hard drive will take 7 hours, even though it is recently formatted :\ --The main drive (ssd)passed the long pass.

It may be more expedient to remove the extra drives for now. But I will try a long pass first. If I get stopped by BSOD or freeze, then i'll just remove them. More soon.

confusedone, Oct 7, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    SeaTools checks everything, not only the data being used meaning that a format won't affect the time required for SeaTools to scan.

It's been mentioned in my (long) post, but I'll mention it again.
    Running SeaTools on SSDs isn't worth it, because the result may not be reliable. As alternative you could use software that the manufacturer of the SSD provides for updating the firmware which usually also has some test features included.

13. BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error

Cool, I appreciate your patience and your reiterating the facts; I remember reading that about ssds but had forgotten... quick update of the memtest results; it is attached below. going back in for the SeaTools; I'm going to attempt to run SeaTools in safe mode to see if the system will last the 7 or so hours to finish the test-BSOD has been interrupting it on normal booted system. Letting you know my method in case running it in Safe Mode is not worth it.
    Attachment 105062

confusedone, Oct 8, 2016
  14. I couldn't complete SeaTools because of Blue screens. I went ahead and removed those internal drives all together from the computer; the remaining drive is ssd and is the one with windows 10 on it. Status is relatively the same: getting hard freezes, kernel security check and whea uncorrectable error seemingly randomly or not in any noticeable pattern.

Aside from Sea Tools, the hardware checks we've done together have passed. Is it possible to have an issue in my mobo or psu?
    enabled services by nvidia and intel in MsConfig certainly was making the system bsod more frequently, but disabling them did not solve my computer woes completely...

how should we move forward?

confusedone, Oct 9, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please note, no hardware test is 100% secure. If a hardware test says that there are no problems doesn't mean there is no problem, it only means the test was unable to find any, but it does give an indication towards a part being fine.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. BSOD on new build - Kernel Security Check, Whea Uncorrectable Error - Similar Threads - BSOD build Kernel

2. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSoD: Intel Core i7-7700HQIllegear Kaby Lake-HSSPEC: SR32QTDP: 45 WMotherboard: Quanta NL5Chipset: Intel HM175 Skylake PCH-HBIOS Date: 05/04/2017Version: QP115UEFIMemoryRAM: 16GBType: DDR4 SDRAMClock: 1197 Mhz = 12 x 99.8 Mhz Dual ChannelNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060...
  3. BSOD - WHEA Uncorrectable Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - WHEA Uncorrectable Error: Hi,I continually receive BSODs on my laptop most often during pulling the scroll bar up and down on Edge, but I think it could be any app window. I have run DISM restore health etc, SFC /scannow and chkdsk /f, all with no positive affect on the problem. I have not installed...
  4. BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error: Hi,I’ve been having BSOD Whea errors for a couple of days now and I can’t seem to figure out the root cause. I suspect it has to do with my SSD as it only seems to occur whenever I am using it intensively. I have tried to reinstall windows to try a fresh start and see if that...
  5. BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error

BSOD Whea Uncorrectable Error: Hi,I’ve been having BSOD Whea errors for a couple of days now and I can’t seem to figure out the root cause. I suspect it has to do with my SSD as it only seems to occur whenever I am using it intensively. I have tried to reinstall windows to try a fresh start and see if that...
  6. BSOD WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Hello,I am getting random BSOD errors. I am not doing anything super strenuous on my PC when these errors occur. Any help appreciated,Dump Files down belowhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSzrGd-E4Ykg651H_lda8PlGu67DA?e=HfPXplThanks!...
  7. BSOD : WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD : WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: IS MY PC OK ? IF NOT WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT AND HOW SHALL I FIX IT ?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\112021-16625-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers...
  8. BSOD Whea Uncorrectable error

BSOD Whea Uncorrectable error: Im getting this BSOD error very frequently this week. Tried reseating my RAM which usually solves any issue on my PC but still doesnt work. Already updated all windows updates/drivers, did some registry cleanup, ran chkdsk /f /r, ran memory diagnostic tools and still...
  9. WHEA Uncorrectable Error kernel and storport

WHEA Uncorrectable Error kernel and storport: Hello! I have a very annoying problem in that my PC crashes with a whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD. I have uploaded the dump file and here is some additional info: Dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtwNsyMjWlqRjDSGR9OS1c-nh6Qe?e=ibDmJE On Fri 3/19/2021 1:47:20 PM your computer...
  10. Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD on New Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD on New Build: Just built a super budget gaming PC, and I'm having occasional "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE" blue screen of death errors. Interestingly, it hasn't ever happened while gaming, but seems to happen when things like Chrome and Spotify are running. Only really played The Sims 4...