Windows 10: BSOD on new Win10 install

Discus and support BSOD on new Win10 install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I was getting BSODs on a Win10 upgrade installation every time I run DOTA; sometimes it would take 2 minutes, sometimes it would take 10minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wildwatermelon, Feb 26, 2016.

1. BSOD on new Win10 install

Hi,
    I was getting BSODs on a Win10 upgrade installation every time I run DOTA; sometimes it would take 2 minutes, sometimes it would take 10minutes. It would also rarely crash randomly when I left the PC on after web browsing. Pretty much it would crash every time I use it.

I did a clean Win10 install on a new HDD to see if that was the issue, but the problems with DOTA persist just the same.

Mini dump:
    Attachment 66686

Hope someone can figure out why I'm getting BSOD so frequently.

:)

wildwatermelon, Feb 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Upgrade BSOD, but clean install works.

I have a custom built PC with a genuine Windows 8 Install/CD/Key. I have recieved the notification that Windows 10 is ready to install. While performing the install (usually when "copying
    files" is around 85-ish%), I get a BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT). After the BSOD, Windows restores me back to my Win8 install with an error about SAFE_OS phase or something.

Anyways, I have also created a bootable Win10 installer USB using the Media Recovery tool. and successfully installed Windows 10 from scratch. But now I don't have a Win10 CD Key to
    properly activate.

I have also tried upgrading to Win10 via the USB using the "Keep Nothing" option. BSOD still occurs during the "Copying files" phase.

So now I'm at a catch 22. To obtain a legit Windows 10 license, I need to upgrade from Win8 to Win10, but doing so causes BSOD and upgrade to fail. And if I clean install, I don't
    get assigned a Win10 CD key.

Is there any way to acquire my free Win10 Upgrade Key so I can activate?

Thanks in advance

TheHozOpp1, Feb 26, 2016
  3. cab13140 Win User
    Nvidia Geforce GTX870M driver_power_state_failure

Hello,

I buyed a new gaming laptop last month, which integrate an Nvidia GTX 870M. I upgraded to Win10 and then installed all drivers but after a restart I get BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure after 2 minutes... Reinstalled all drivers but no way... Still having
    this.

I know it's my graphic card, in BSOD dump the nvlddmkm is the problem.

Hope it's not a hardware problem...

Thanks,

cab13140, Feb 26, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD on new Win10 install

My first suggestion is to visit Windows Update and make sure your installation is up to date if you haven't, seeing you have no hotfixes installed according to the logs.

BSOD on new Win10 install [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD on new Win10 install [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Thema:

BSOD on new Win10 install

1. BSOD on new Win10 install - Similar Threads - BSOD Win10 install

2. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  3. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  4. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs on new PC/Win10 install: In a span of 1 month: Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA on chrome stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Specs: B450m pro-vdh max R7 3700x RTX 2060 2x 16gb of 3200mhz Gskill Ram 1x 500gb m.2 nvme WDSN750 Black ssd 1x 480gb kingston...
  6. BSOD on new Win10 install

BSOD on new Win10 install: I have been getting continuous BSODs after a clean install on windows 10. Mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or DRIVER_IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL but also some other kinds. I have tried installing all I think... the drivers, but am still having issues. I thought it might be a RAM...
  7. New PC. Constant BSODs as I'm installing Win10

New PC. Constant BSODs as I'm installing Win10: I'm going crazy troubleshooting for the past 3 days. I just bought PC parts and built it myself. I used the windows media creation tool to copy a real version of windows from my laptop to a thumb drive. Everything about the PC hardware wise seems to run fine. I've been...
  8. BSOD on Win10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on Win10 installation: Hi, I built a new PC, and I'm having issues getting Windows 10 installed. It goes like this: PC Boots and loads through BIOS fine with no issues PC boots to a USB with windows 10 installation media and loads winPE fine I can usually make it through partitioning the hard...
  9. BSODs on new Win10 install--MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED

BSODs on new Win10 install--MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED: I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 recently, and began getting BSODs after about 20 minutes of being logged in. They weren't always the same, but usually were MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I cleared my disk, reinstalled Win10, and I'm still getting the BSODs. I've turned off most of my...
  10. BSOD on new PC (Win10)

BSOD on new PC (Win10): Hello, i get my new PC three days ago and since yesterday i get a few BSOD. I have installed some mainboard drivers (direct downloaded from Asus for win10) and the latest driver by amd for my GPU. I installed the game GTA 5 and tryed to get my ps3-gamepads to work with...