Windows 10: BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Discus and support BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9550. Never had BSODs (in any other programs, including more demanding games like Witcher 3) until I installed Dota 2 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keyzjh, Aug 12, 2016.

1. keyzjh Win User

BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9550. Never had BSODs (in any other programs, including more demanding games like Witcher 3) until I installed Dota 2 and started having random BSODs during certain games. The most recent ones are of "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY" (which dumps I attached here), but I do recall seeing the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' error as well.

I ran memcheck and there were no errors. I also updated the nVidia drivers to the latest versions, but BSOD occured three times today alone during games. What else could be causing the BSODs?

Thank you!

System details:
    Intel core i7-6700HQ
    16GB RAM
    512GB SSD
    Nvidia GTX960M

:)

keyzjh, Aug 12, 2016
  2. Galkhuu Win User

Windows 10 update stopcode error

i cant play dota 2. help me pls. always error

Galkhuu, Aug 12, 2016
  3. BSOD when Playing DOTA 2 on my MSI GE62 Laptop Windows 10 (machine_check_exception)

Hi Hann,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Kindly try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to update the display drivers from device manager and check.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

1. Press
    Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

3. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

4. Select the option to
    automatically search for the updated driver software.

5. Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Method 2: Perform Clean Boot and check

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select
      Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    For more information refer the below link.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 12, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi keyzjh,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please uninstall Avira and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
    Driver Reference Table - avipbb.sys
    Solved Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: ffffd000`21a98220 fffff800`e47f2501Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avipbb.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avipbb.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avipbb.sys avipbb+0x22501[/quote] If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY [​IMG]

Thema:

1. BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Dota

2. BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games: This is the report from Reliability Monitor Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎4/‎4/‎2020 8:49 PM Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: ffffca0e31c03028 Parameter 3: be000000 Parameter 4:...
  3. Bsod attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory.: Hey everyone, This is my first post, any constructive criticism is welcome. *Smile This is the first time I have gotten this Blue screen and I am wondering what the culprit could be. Dell's SupportAssist tool claims that my CPU driver is to blame, while WhoCrashed and...
  4. BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY

BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY: Dear axe0, In accordance with a request to create a new thread. The problem I faced when I was migrating to Windows 10 is I can not get DOTA 2. When installing the update then happens BSOD. I read some threads in this forum but I can not. Similarly, when I play SIM CITY...
  5. BSOD when playing DOTA 2, error machine_check_exception

BSOD when playing DOTA 2, error machine_check_exception: hi my pc was fine when i played it using windows 8, its jsut after upgrading to 10 this error has occurred. Here is the Debugg Thanks for your help. Ive updated most of my drivers to Windows 10 and i doubt its a hardware thing as it as was fine before. Attachment 37064 22297
  6. BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2

BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2: im new here, and i think you guys can solved my problem i bought a new PC and fresh install it with windows 10, then the bsod come it keep happening to my pc. then i decide to upgrade my windows 10 to windows 10 pro but bsod stand still. the problem is when i play dota 2...
  7. BSOD When i play DOta 2

BSOD When i play DOta 2: During nearly every match my game would freeze and cause a machine check exception, just happends in dota, I can play other games Like GTA V without issue, but Dota. First I thought it was overheat issue cuz the temperature was at 65°, now i boosted my fans and i got 50°...
  8. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while trying to play Dota 2. I have previously run multiple programs, perhaps I've overworked the...
  9. BSOD playing dota 2

BSOD playing dota 2: Guys help me please... My laptop keep Bsod especially when playing dota 2 I got different BSOD everytime 1. irql_not_less_or_equal 2. system service exception dxgmms1.sys 3. dpc watchdog violation and many many more... Here is my minidump : Dropbox - minidump...
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...