Windows 10: BSOD on print preview, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, cdd.dll

Discus and support BSOD on print preview, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, cdd.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While inside an Autodesk Revit 2017 file the computer will crash every time we have a specific file open and we try to do a print preview. BSOD occurs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aries 127, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Aries 127 Win User

BSOD on print preview, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, cdd.dll

While inside an Autodesk Revit 2017 file the computer will crash every time we have a specific file open and we try to do a print preview. BSOD occurs shortly after it generates the preview.

Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    What Failed: cdd.dll
    (image attached with BSOD screen)

• BSOD only occurs in 1 specific Revit file when generating a print preview. (doesn't matter which printer is selected for use, error still occurs).
    • BSOD does not occur when we are on a different computer generating a print preview on the same file that continuously crashes the computer I am posting about.
    • BSOD does not occur on the offending computer when we are in other Revit files and are generating a print preview.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if there is any other information is needed and I will be happy to supply what I can.
    Thanks

:)

Aries 127, Feb 28, 2018
  2. Rudolfos0 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)

Another BSOD today with the same BSOD info. - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I was browsing with chrome, RAM ran out and my external monitor and laptop screen went black and then BSOD appeared.

I checked the memory.dmp file, and found that cdd.dll could be the cause of BSOD.

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: taskhostw.exe

FOLLOWUP_IP:

cdd!CddW32kCloseProcess+2f

fffff961`5bb82a4f 4981c6801b0000 add r14,1B80h

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: cdd!CddW32kCloseProcess+2f

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: cdd

IMAGE_NAME: cdd.dll

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5632d7cd

IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.10586.0

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xffffd000272cace0 ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 2f

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_cdd!CddW32kCloseProcess

BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_cdd!CddW32kCloseProcess

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x3b_cdd!cddw32kcloseprocess

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {7a4e0392-a57c-b837-f9c0-ee576eb31f80}

Followup: MachineOwner

---------

Rudolfos0, Feb 28, 2018
  3. BSOD - Memory Management and other errors on newly installed Windows 10

Was one of the BSoDs PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA?

Reed Crosby, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Aries 127 Win User

Just in case it helps I also used the Log Collector V2 Beta to collect info. Please see attached.

Aries 127, Mar 2, 2018
  5. Ztruker Win User
    The first 4 dumps point to cdd.dll as the cause which is unlikely as it's a system file that has not been changed in a while. The lasty says memory_corruption in win32k.sys, again unlikely.

You have 64GB of RAM so I would start by removing half the ram and running for awhile and see if a BSOD occurs. If not, swap theinstalled and removed ran and run some more to see if it occurs. If it does then one of the two 16GB DIMMS currently install is defective. You can swap them out ione at a time with the removed DIMMs to try to find the bad one or you can run memtest76+ as follows:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

BSOD on print preview, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, cdd.dll [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

If removing ram doesn't help then I'd try Driver Verifier:
    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to
    PART TWO
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun the V2 beta log collector and upload the resulting zip file.

Ztruker, Mar 2, 2018
  6. Aries 127 Win User
    Rich thanks for the response. I'll check to see if it still crashes on the revit file with different combinations or RAM as suggested. It has been unfailing to crash when on this one particular (large) file. That may allow me to narrow down the RAM sticks pretty quickly. I'll post the results as soon as I am able to.
    Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Aries 127, Mar 4, 2018
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Has to be something local to your system since the file works okay on a different system, so as you say, it makes an excellent test vehicle.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on print preview, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, cdd.dll - Similar Threads - BSOD print preview

2. CDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CDD: CDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c%E7%9B%98%E6%89%A9%E5%B1%95%E5%8D%B7%E6%98%BE/0a5146e8-b740-43ae-8ecd-5b26ed2b035b
  3. CDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDD: CDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c%E7%9B%98%E6%89%A9%E5%B1%95%E5%8D%B7%E6%98%BE/0a5146e8-b740-43ae-8ecd-5b26ed2b035b
  4. CDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hello, I am in need of assistance regarding some blue screen issues. I've been getting these PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA at random times, sometimes days to weeks apart. I've already run memtest on each of my ram sticks individually and they've come back with no errors. I...
  6. CDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CDD: [ATTACH] CCDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c%E7%9B%98%E6%89%A9%E5%B1%95%E5%8D%B7%E6%98%BE/80efab87-127e-470e-9f8d-4c0800bf1136
  7. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, One of our VFX workstations is BSODing on heavy load. Windows version 1809 (OS build 17763.1039) log file attached. Thanks in advance! 151282
  8. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137748
  9. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137746
  10. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm getting bsod at the very start of the laptop. Seems like the update of intel wifi and bluetooth driver caused it (using intel update utility). I used dm_log collector, it seems to run ok but it doesn't create any zip file (it was run as admin). Instead it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cdd.dll page_fault_in_nonpaged_area