Windows 10: BSOD on restart with Machine Check Exception

Discus and support BSOD on restart with Machine Check Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having BSOD issues on Windows 10 builds 1607-1803. I have in the past been using build 1511 for a year without problems on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bbear978, May 1, 2018.

1. bbear978 Win User

BSOD on restart with Machine Check Exception

Hello, I've been having BSOD issues on Windows 10 builds 1607-1803. I have in the past been using build 1511 for a year without problems on this HPE-450f desktop. This particular BSOD occurs during a restart and apparently only during restarts of any kind including with Cumulative updates, manual graphics card updates, or even during a general restart instead of Shutdown.

Cumulative update restarts will climb to 30% and the circling dots will freeze which will instantly BSOD with Machine_Check_Exception. Once this happens the system is froze and I'm required to reboot by holding the power button down. Each and every bootup from this point on will BSOD during the circling dots phase with the same Machine_Check_Exception while Windows 10 is trying to load.

I am able to get into safe mode to run the DM log collector tool but I'm not sure if a proper dump file is being created for analyzing it comes back with path not found. Any tips or workaround for this would be appreciated. I'm including the DM log files.

:)

bbear978, May 1, 2018

2. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for letting us know that you are no longer facing the issue. We appreciate your effort.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know, We will be glad to help.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 1, 2018
  3. BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone,

This BSOD has become a daily thing now and it always happens while I am playing a particular game (Skyforge). The crash is fairly random from as quick as 5 minutes to as long as couple of hours while playing the game. I noticed that 'Windowed Mode' of the
    game helps delay the BSOD but it is still disappointing as this is a relatively new system and to have BSODs at the start is just :/ I run a MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro and have not altered anything since I purchased it ~6 months ago (aside from clearing bloatwares).
    It was pre-installed with Windows 8.1 and I have tried the following in sequence:

1. Updating drivers via Windows Update and via MSI Support page

2. Updating to the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver

-The following changed the BSOD from Machine Check Exception to Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal bwcW8x64.sys which relates to a variety of .sys files including but not limited to (acpiex.sys, rdyboost.sys, bwcW8x64.sys, etc.)

3. Uninstalled the latest Nvidia Graphic Driver and allowed Windows to automatically reinstall Nvidia Graphics Driver

-Back to Machine Check Exception

4. Cleaned all my fans, reseated RAM, fans are working

5. Monitored my temps, usually in the range of 40-60 (can reach 70~80 sometimes but this only lasts couple of seconds?)

6. Stressed test with Prime95 for 6 hours, no errors

7. Reinstalled Skyforge

8. Ran Driver Verifier

-Windows BSOD constantly, driver localised to hal.dll +37745 and ntoskrnl.exe (sadly I have lost the driver file because of 9)

9. Upgrade AND clean install to Windows 10

-BSOD again Machine Check Exception within minutes of game (hal.dll +364b1)

10. Please help BSOD on restart with Machine Check Exception :(

BlueScreenView dump file:

032816-47828-01.dmp

MSInfo:

TEST.TXT

I hope I have not missed out anything so that the team can help me with this issue. If there's anything else you need just let me know. You will have my eternal gratitude x

Melvin Lim_114, May 1, 2018
  4. bbear978 Win User

Hello, I've been having BSOD issues on Windows 10 builds 1607-1803. I have in the past been using build 1511 for a year without problems on this HPE-450f desktop. This particular BSOD occurs during a restart and apparently only during restarts of any kind including with Cumulative updates, manual graphics card updates, or even during a general restart instead of Shutdown.

Cumulative update restarts will climb to 30% and the circling dots will freeze which will instantly BSOD with Machine_Check_Exception. Once this happens the system is froze and I'm required to reboot by holding the power button down. Each and every bootup from this point on will BSOD during the circling dots phase with the same Machine_Check_Exception while Windows 10 is trying to load.

I am able to get into safe mode to run the DM log collector tool but I'm not sure if a proper dump file is being created for analyzing it comes back with path not found. Any tips or workaround for this would be appreciated. I'm including the DM log files.

:)

bbear978, May 6, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on restart with Machine Check Exception - Similar Threads - BSOD restart Machine

2. MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD: I am experiencing system freeze ups that result in the BSOD with the age old "Your computer has ran into a problem. Gathering information and We'll restart it for you 0% gathered. - For more information research Machine_Check_Exception" I have let the computer hang on that...
  3. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  4. Random Machine Check Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Machine Check Exception BSOD: When I booted up my PC for the first time (after installing Windows 10) I downloaded the software I had on my old PC, as well as FireFox. Everything was fine until I got my first crash. My PC randomly froze and after around 10-15 seconds I was given a Machine Check Exception...
  5. Machine Check Exception BSOD Randomly

Machine Check Exception BSOD Randomly: Hi, I have been getting Machine_Check_Exception BSOD's regularly, and I don't know why. Things I Have Tried: Reinstall Windows 3 Times Reinstall Drivers Re-seat All Components in PC Factory Reset BIOS Update BIOS Memtest HDDScan Upgrades I Have Done But The BSOD's...
  6. BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll: Hello, I've been getting this type of BSOD after the last Windows November Update It Happens randomly but at least once a day I've attached my EventViewer info about the crash I could provide more info if is needed ***UPDATE***...
  7. machine exception check

machine exception check: Hello, I'm having some issues with booting my laptop. Sometimes the boot logo gets stuck and I need to restart laptop several times. It usually boots after the third restart, but recently it gives me BSOD sometimes with machine exception check error and other times it boots...
  8. BSOD "Machine Check Exception" and random restarts

BSOD "Machine Check Exception" and random restarts: Dear all, I've built a new gaming PC and my PC has been restarting or getting BSOD (MCE or WHEA) ever since. I've changed my motherboard and my ram and my PSU... What I understand from these crashes is that it's a hardware problem; but I am not sure which is the problem (I...
  9. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  10. BSOD Machine Check Exception

BSOD Machine Check Exception: I am getting a BSOD issue generally when playing games on my pc. The error code is usually Machine_Check_Exception and it comes up somewhat randomly after playing for a bit. Sometimes I can play for an hour with no issues sometimes it will come up after on few minutes of...