Windows 10: BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HCStrike, Aug 10, 2017.

1. HCStrike Win User

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen. I have attached the required .zip file here Attachment 148388

Thanks

:)

HCStrike, Aug 10, 2017

2. BSOD driver_power_state_failure on shutdown and no dump file

My events log

I use win 10 so i just unchecked Automatically restart. But there is no MEMORY.DMP.

Startup and recoverty settings looks like this:

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE [​IMG]

Jokubas Neciunas, Aug 10, 2017
  3. BSOD driver_power_state_failure on shutdown and no dump file

Hello,

My computer can`t shutdown properly or sleep. After shutdown screen goes black and 5min i get BSOD driver_power_state_failure but there is no dump file and no error in events. I did windows 10 clean install and i got same bsod during installation.

Steps i took:

Checked dump settings. OK

Checked ram. OK

Checked drive. OK

Tried updating drivers. No effect

Tried dissabling fast boot. No effect

Tried dissabling non essensial drivers. No effect

Uninstaling AVG. No effect

Reseting bios to default settings. No effect

I am out of ideas.

My setup:

Asus n56vz

i7 3610QM, 8gb ram, gt650, samsung 840 evo 250GB, 1TB hdd instead of cd-rom.

Would be awesome if anyone could help me.

Othervise I am left with hope that updates will fix itBSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE :)

Jokubas Neciunas, Aug 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Thema:

1. BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi, I have been having BSOD's with the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE it usually happens during gaming or alt+tabbing. I get it quite often. My PC freezes for some time or just gives me BSOD. I don't know much about this subject so I can you guys help out? Thanks in...
  3. BSOD driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD driver_power_state_failure: I've been getting a BSOD that the windows diplays as driver power state failure when shutting down. I've tried updating every important driver that I can think of (Graphics, Chipset, BIOS, VGA, audio, ATK), and when the problem seems solved it happens again. It happened when...
  4. BSOD: Driver_Power_State_Failure

BSOD: Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hello, I came across a BSOD crash from system file ntoskrnl.exe I need your help to interpret minidump files. Kind regards! 31286
  5. Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD

Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD: So ive spend multiple hours a night the last week or so trying to resolve this problem. The BSOD is a repeatable one for me, as far as i know ive not had and random ones, only crashes due to the repeatable offense. When i play a game, if i alt tab out of it to do other things...
  6. Bsod driver_power_state_failure && dfc_watchdog_violation

Bsod driver_power_state_failure && dfc_watchdog_violation: I have a new Dell Insprion 7559 i7, that has been crashing after 2 hours. I don't understand why this is happening. My dump files-> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...W9YV0xtUFZRNTQ My PC Details: Intel i7 -6700HQ @ 2.60GHz 16GB DDR3 RAM Windows 10 Home Single...
  7. Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD

Driver_power_state_failure and memory_management BSOD: I got a new laptop and after about a week I started to get the BSOD driver_power_state_failure. Sometimes it wouldn't happen for days and sometimes I'd get it 2-3 times a day. I ran whocrashed and the program said it was caused by the ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E240) module. So I...
  8. Bsod driver_power_state_failure

Bsod driver_power_state_failure: Have been getting the BSOD on my Dell XPS 12 9250. A while back, posted on Microsoft Community with dumps and updated some drivers. I am still getting BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE mostly when the laptop resumes. Sometimes Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth stops working after...
  9. BSOD driver_power_state_failure

BSOD driver_power_state_failure: Hi, My computer runs into BSOD driver_power_state_failure every time I resume from sleep mode or turning on the computer after turning it off (I have the quick boot enabled). I just did a refresh on my machine to get rid of all the bloatwares from lenovo. I have reinstall...
  10. Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi All, I recently replaced my original HDD with a Samsung SSD 120GB, installed fresh Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now, it cannot be shutdown or restarted properly as before. When I shutdown/restart the PC, the screen goes black but the power button light is still on...