Windows 10: BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HCStrike, Aug 10, 2017.

1. HCStrike Win User

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

I just reinstalled my windows OS and I am getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD after about 5 minutes of being stuck on the shutdown screen. I have attached the required .zip file here Attachment 148388

Thanks

:)

HCStrike, Aug 10, 2017

2. BSOD driver_power_state_failure on shutdown and no dump file

My events log

I use win 10 so i just unchecked Automatically restart. But there is no MEMORY.DMP.

Startup and recoverty settings looks like this:

BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE [​IMG]

Jokubas Neciunas, Aug 10, 2017
  3. BSOD driver_power_state_failure on shutdown and no dump file

Hello,

My computer can`t shutdown properly or sleep. After shutdown screen goes black and 5min i get BSOD driver_power_state_failure but there is no dump file and no error in events. I did windows 10 clean install and i got same bsod during installation.

Steps i took:

Checked dump settings. OK

Checked ram. OK

Checked drive. OK

Tried updating drivers. No effect

Tried dissabling fast boot. No effect

Tried dissabling non essensial drivers. No effect

Uninstaling AVG. No effect

Reseting bios to default settings. No effect

I am out of ideas.

My setup:

Asus n56vz

i7 3610QM, 8gb ram, gt650, samsung 840 evo 250GB, 1TB hdd instead of cd-rom.

Would be awesome if anyone could help me.

Othervise I am left with hope that updates will fix itBSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE :)

Jokubas Neciunas, Aug 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Thema:

1. BSOD on shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,This BSOD is quite common as I can check. I have this problem for quite some time, at first it happened when I was working with the PC suddenly, now "luckily" only when I turned off the PC. It's quite annoying.I have done everything that has been commented on in...
  3. Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,This BSOD is quite common as I can check. I have this problem for quite some time, at first it happened when I was working with the PC suddenly, now "luckily" only when I turned off the PC. It's quite annoying.I have done everything that has been commented on in...
  4. Shutdown DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD--Driver_power_state_failure on shutdown: Good evening/morning/other appropriate timezone! My roommate and I have recently run into an issue where attempting to use a microphone through a USB mixer causes a BSOD when we attempt to restart the PC, or an attempt to shut down will cause the PC to reboot on its own...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...: hi everyone i recently get bsod everytime i try to shut down/restart my windows. It's display DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE i managed to locate and analyze the minidump in C:\Windows\minidump with WinDbg, but i dont understand the results of what cause the bsod or something....
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  8. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  9. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...
  10. Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi All, I recently replaced my original HDD with a Samsung SSD 120GB, installed fresh Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now, it cannot be shutdown or restarted properly as before. When I shutdown/restart the PC, the screen goes black but the power button light is still on...