Windows 10: BSOD on shutting down windows ten kmode_exception_not_handled

Discus and support BSOD on shutting down windows ten kmode_exception_not_handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I put a new SSD in my PC, installed it clean with windows 7 from my DVD, then I used an ISO on my memory stick to upgrade to windows ten.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pphi, Aug 19, 2015.

1. pphi Win User

BSOD on shutting down windows ten kmode_exception_not_handled

Hi,
    I put a new SSD in my PC, installed it clean with windows 7 from my DVD, then I used an ISO on my memory stick to upgrade to windows ten.

Everything was working fine, graphics drivers installed, headset working, steam working, skype working.
    Then I tried to shut it down and it blue screened. I press shut down on the start menu it goes through a couple of stages then as its about to complete BSOD with the error kmode_exception_not_handled. and then restarts leaving me with a PC that I cant shut down.

Everything I've looked at so far has indicated driver errors but I can't work out which ones.
    I tried going back to a clean install of ten but that of course requires restarting the PC which it can't do cleanly.
    I'm at a loss I hope someone can advise me of what the dump files mean and help me out.
    Here are some specs:

Mobo Gigabyte GA-H67MA-D2H-B3
    OS windows ten home
    Graphics card: EVGA geforce gtx 960
    Memory 12 Gb
    CPU intel i5

Thanks for any help, debug info should be attached.
    Thanks

:)

2. Spaletz Win User

Get BSOD everytime I shut down or restart - kmode_exception_not_handled error.

I get blue screen of death since installing windows 10.

Installing went fine, no issues. A few drivers didn't seem to work properly after install, but I reinstalled anything that didn't come up properly in device manager.

My computer goes to BSOD everytime I try to shut down or restart. It doesn't shut down or restart either, it hangs at BSOD. I get kmode_exception_not_handled error.

I have to manually reboot each time.

At that reboot, I then get a event ID 41 Kernel-Power error for not shutting down cleanly.

I really don't want to do a clean install because I have so many bloody apps installed on my OS drive.

Can anyone help??

-R

Spaletz, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10: kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD when shutting down

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue. But don't worry we will try to help you out.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - due to an unhandled access violation caused by an invalid memory location.A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.

I would suggest you to place your computer in Clean boot state and check if that helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above links are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 tech preview as well.

Also make sure all your device drivers are up to date.

• Press Windows + X and select device manager.
    • Right click on the device and click on update.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Aug 19, 2015
  4. pphi Win User

Thema:

1. BSOD on shutting down windows ten kmode_exception_not_handled - Similar Threads - BSOD shutting down

2. BSOD then shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD then shuts down: I am just watching YouTube and the problem happened. It happened again when I start games like Gears 5, the BSOD on the menu of the game. Should I be concerned about any component? i5 4570 12GB RAM (8 and 4) RX460 PSU 400W Recently I have problems with games, my PC just...
  3. Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes): When I turn off the computer, it takes appr 7 minutes(!) to show booting screen with an option to enter BIOS. During those 7 minutes, there is only a black screen with static (not blinking) underscore symbol. After those 9 minutes, the computer boots additional 2 minutes....
  4. Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow booting and shutting down (tens of minutes): When I turn off the computer, it takes appr 7 minutes(!) to show booting screen with an option to enter BIOS. During those 7 minutes, there is only a black screen with static (not blinking) underscore symbol. After those 9 minutes, the computer boots additional 2 minutes....
  5. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  6. BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD - kmode_exception_not_handled: I am experiencing repeated BSOD errors with the stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it says that dxgmms2.sys is what failed. I have attached a zip file from the log collector via instruction on this forum. DESKTOP-08U62TS-(2020-06-03_10-48-12).zip I hope I uploaded...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, my pc crashed today with the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED It is not the first time it happened, I had one 12 days ago and I thought my pc was ok after:...
  9. shut down with no BSOD

shut down with no BSOD: hi guys. Weird problem. Had a BSOD which you guys id'd as being a malware-bytes issue so its been disabled. But now its shutting down with no BSOD primarily while in a browser but not any in particular. Appreciate any help you can give. 46579
  10. BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled: Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue. I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and...