Windows 10: BSOD on sleep and unplugging USBs

Discus and support BSOD on sleep and unplugging USBs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently installed Windows 10 and have been experiencing frequent BSOD ever since. I get them when I put my computer on sleep when I leave my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 1492R, May 17, 2016.

1. 1492R Win User

BSOD on sleep and unplugging USBs

Hi, I recently installed Windows 10 and have been experiencing frequent BSOD ever since. I get them when I put my computer on sleep when I leave my desk or when it goes to sleep automatically. It was also happening when I unplug my USB splitter (which was not a problem in Windows 7). I can avoid the USB problem by unplugging devices one by one, but the other issue is a real problem. *Sick

I also have an SD card and almost always use an additional monitor (with the latest drivers), if that's helpful.

Thanks

:)

1492R, May 17, 2016
  2. oDebug Win User

MULTIPLE_IRP_COMLETE_REQUESTS BSOD on Wake from Sleep

I'm afraid I've put off getting this solved for too long and now I can't remember when it started.

However, now I know this Focusrite Interface (Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen) has been nothing but a source of BSODs on two different systems on two different versions of windows.

My workaround for now will be to unplug my interface after I put my system to sleep. Might help with the BSODs until I get a new interface. Thanks for the help.

Curious though, could this also be caused by a powered USB hub?

oDebug, May 17, 2016
  3. PKocher Win User
    Windows 10 sporadic DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE blue screens

That link isn't very helpful. The only thing I upgraded since I switched from Win 7 to Win 10 were the GPUs and the BSODs happened before that, too. I remember that Win 10 had a problem with my Netlink WLAN USB stick during the installation and I had to
    unplug it or else the installation crashed. Netlink provided new drivers since then and I hope they solved that problem.

And the BSODs happen sporadically. For example, yesterday I had one woke my computer up from sleep mode. So it's really not easy to tell what the problem is.

PKocher, May 17, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

The one dumpfiles blames
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mrvlpcie8897.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mrvlpcie8897.sys ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8016a6014e6, ffffd000279f3528, ffffd000279f2d40} Probably caused by : mrvlpcie8897.sys ( mrvlpcie8897+214e6 ) Followup: MachineOwner 3: kd> lmvm mrvlpcie8897 start end module name fffff801`6a5e0000 fffff801`6a74c000 mrvlpcie8897 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: mrvlpcie8897.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mrvlpcie8897.sys Image name: mrvlpcie8897.sys Timestamp: Tue Dec 01 02:54:18 2015 (565CFDCA) CheckSum: 001050E4 ImageSize: 0016C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Driver Description: Marvell LE Driver for the WiFiCLass Driver

Driver Update Site: OEM
    Product Type Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller

It could be that the driver is somehow corrupted, uninstall and reinstall.

According to your USB problem i found many notions in windows error report
    Searching on the net i could not find a specific device but it is probably a USB multimedia keyboard.
    Do you have a usb multimedia keyboard connected when the crashes/bsod appear.

lifetec, May 17, 2016
  5. 1492R Win User
    Thanks lifetech.
    I do have a multimedia keyboard at work, which could be part of the problem. When I was troubleshooting yesterday I also noticed that my BIOS isn't up to date, but when I downloaded and installed the .msi files from Microsoft, my System specs don't reflect an update, even after a reboot. Could that be part of the driver problem?

1492R, May 17, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    lifetec, May 17, 2016
  7. 1492R Win User
    That's the link I used but it hasn't installed correctly. I also found this article ( Firmware update for Surface 3, Surface Pro 3 causes blue screens, lockups, other problems | InfoWorld ) citing that the firmware update I currently have (from Dec 2015) has caused similar problems to the ones I'm experiencing. So... I'll try downloading everything again, I guess?

1492R, May 17, 2016
  8. lifetec Win User

The latest version is 160420.
    Hopefully they fixed a lot of problems of the dec update.

lifetec, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD on sleep and unplugging USBs - Similar Threads - BSOD sleep unplugging

2. Prevent Windows from unpluging USB devices on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from unpluging USB devices on sleep: I'm running Windows 10 [0] via Apple Boot Camp on a 2016 Macbook Pro. I have display [1] connected to my MBP over the certified TB3 cable. That display has a built-in USB Hub with USB-C ports. My Logi Bolt receiver is connected to the hub and a mouse and keyboard are paired...
  3. Prevent Windows from unpluging USB devices on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows from unpluging USB devices on sleep: I'm running Windows 10 [0] via Apple Boot Camp on a 2016 Macbook Pro. I have display [1] connected to my MBP over the certified TB3 cable. That display has a built-in USB Hub with USB-C ports. My Logi Bolt receiver is connected to the hub and a mouse and keyboard are paired...
  4. Prevent Windows from unpluging USB devices on sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bsod when unplugging usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod when unplugging usb device: i very regularly always get bsod when i unplug anything from any of my usb ports, bsod says PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. i can access the minidump file but dont know how top upload it on here for further assitance....
  6. bsod when unplugging usb device

bsod when unplugging usb device: i very regularly always get bsod when i unplug anything from any of my usb ports, bsod says PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. i can access the minidump file but dont know how top upload it on here for further assitance....
  7. Laptop Sleep Mode Unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Sleep Mode Unplugged: How can I make my laptop go to sleep automatically when unplugged, in less than 10 seconds? Any third party app or command will do. I am using HP Elitebook 8440p Notebook PC laptop on Windows 7....
  8. Laptop Sleep Mode Unplugged

Laptop Sleep Mode Unplugged: How can I make my laptop go to sleep automatically when unplugged, in less than 10 seconds? Any third party app or command will do. I am using HP Elitebook 8440p Notebook PC laptop on Windows 7....
  9. Keep usb unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep usb unplugged: i am trying to install windows 10 and it keeps installing in in external drive instead of the internal one when i remove the device blue screen appears and i have to shut down again and can only access the operating system when the external drive is plugged in i am using a...
  10. BSOD when unplugging usb mouse, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when unplugging usb mouse, error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Computer crashes when unplugging my mouse, Steelseries Kinzu V2, usually when Google Chrome is open. I recently reset windows and the problem did not show up for a few days but now it crashes. The info from the diagnostic tool is attached. My guess is that some driver is...